what will be the final name of Longhorn?

Whatever it ends up with will be snappy and easy to market to the general public. I really don't care what they call it as long as it works. In that case it may not be out till 2010ish...oh well...

I think the next generation OS of microsoft did not have any "windows" in the name!

actually you are wrong. a guy at channel 9 was interviewed in a video interview and he said NO its not "different enough" for us to drop the windows name. He also went on to state that they were going to keep the windows name for a long long time. :pinch:

from what i've noticed from the alpha released and leaks of this operating system... they may be dropping the "Windows" product name all together and just going with "Microsoft Longhorn" or something equivilant

:edit: if they call it WindowsMAX i'm officially moving to Linux for everything

i hate the "windows" it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo :angry: :angry:

Microsoft "Insert Name here"

that would be better... i just cant stand "windows" cr@p !

Well if I'm not mistaken the Windows [year] ie. 2000 and 2003 are for the actual Server OS'. I'd expect it to be a two letter deal though like someone else said.

The whole genX garbage was a marketing term created by advertisers. Besides it's tired. It got to be retarded when they tried to brand the newest generation, "Genaration Y".

Then, how about Windows GZ? (Generation Z)

More ideas:

Windows MX

Windows MK

Windows RK

Windows TX

Windows XD

Windows WX

Windows XW

Windows X (They may get inspired by "Windows X"'s online alias)

Just some names right off my head.