Your Mac Hardware Setup

First time i've posted in here...

This is my 'mac' desktop...

100_1580.jpg

Specs an stuff:

Sony Bravia 32" KDL32V5500 TV connected to Virgin Media V+, Xbox 360 Elite, iMac, ASRock HT330 (Windows 7 Media Center)

iMac 27" Mid 2010 Core i5, ATI HD 5750 w/ 1GB, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD etc etc.

MacBook Pro 13.3" Early 2010, Nvidia 320M, 4GB RAM, WD Scorpio Blue 500GB.. etc etc

iPhone 4 32GB

Logitech Z5500 5.1

2TB Time Capsule (Dual Mode)

Just got home from the apple store with a new toy.

Was so tempted on getting the 11" its size is fantastic, but for the specs the 13" sounded like a better value.

Niceee I think the Air would look better with black bezel around the screen.

Niceee I think the Air would look better with black bezel around the screen.

I agree, would blend it better with the rest of their line as well. The design right now looks like a cross between the new MB's and the old ones, which makes sense if you look at when the Air was introduced. Since then (Jan 2008), no design changes have been made. Maybe the bezel would make it heavier, that's why they've left it out.

The bezel is a trait of the glass screens on the Pro, which would be too heavy and bulky for the Air.

The black would look dumb without the glass finish anyway. Apparently the Air isn't as glossy (thus reducing glare) either.

The black would look dumb without the glass finish anyway. Apparently the Air isn't as glossy (thus reducing glare) either.

It's the LCD-panel itself that's glossy not the sheet of glass covering the screen. I have removed the glass plate from both iMacs and LED Cinema Displays and you can clearly tell the screen is still glossy without it. The glass is just an extra.

It's the LCD-panel itself that's glossy not the sheet of glass covering the screen. I have removed the glass plate from both iMacs and LED Cinema Displays and you can clearly tell the screen is still glossy without it. The glass is just an extra.

I know, but I'm just going off a couple of reviews I read (most notably from Engadget).

Overall, both displays look stunning with wide viewing angles and excellent color reproduction, and we were pleasantly surprised to discover that even though Apple is still going glossy on these displays, the coating used for the new Airs isn't nearly as reflective as those on the MacBook Pros. In fact, the coating seems to have more in common with older MacBooks and Airs, sporting a purple tinge which seems to deaden reflections. We found ourselves far less distracted on these screens, and we're hoping this becomes a trend (or, resumes as a trend).

Just got home from the apple store with a new toy.

Was so tempted on getting the 11" its size is fantastic, but for the specs the 13" sounded like a better value.

What made you go the 13"? I got the 11" one and have found that the CPU is not an issue at all, everything else is pretty much the same in the 13" Air.

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up a 21.5" iMac after using my revo as a Hackintosh for a while, its Awesome :D - no pictures till we move tho, its currently on a very ugly table ;)

Crap Picture, will repost when I take a better one.

New Dell 30" Now :D

photodec1034316pm378fd.jpg

omg! The new MBA looks even thinner on a real peoples desk than in the Apple Store! Impressively beautiful! :-)

• 2 weeks later...