Your Mac Hardware Setup

macstudio.jpg

I recently purchased an iMac 27 inch ... i5 Quad Core 2.8ghz. 4gb Ram (will be upgrading to 8gb this coming few weeks). 1tb Hard Drive. Radeon HD 5750 (1tb) Graphics card. I got it with the Magic Mouse, which I hated at first, but now love (after installing Magic Prefs!).

I LOVE this thing! :D I've used Windows computers since ... well ... I started on DOS 5 on an Amstrad 1512, and have been on DOS and then Windows PC's literally for 26 years now (I'm 32), but I swear, I'll never buy another Windows PC again. This has opened my eyes. I used to be a serious Apple hater too. lol

Glad to see that some people do open up and decide to try new things. I loved Windows, been on it since Windows 95 back in 5th grade when I first got my computer and just bought my first Apple which was the 27" iMac back in August, I doubt I'll ever go back.

just uped specs on my macbook pro (mid 2009)

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.216Ghz

Added: 2 2Gb of Kingston DDR3 RAM @ 1600Mhz from the stock 2Gb of ram

Added 120Gb Corsair SSD

:D

just uped specs on my macbook pro (mid 2009)

Added: 2 2Gb of Kingston DDR3 RAM @ 1600Mhz from the stock 2Gb of ram

:D

Whats the point in the 1600Mhz it won't actually achive that speed because you're not overclocking, won't it just run at 1333.

Slightly Updated Hardware - I'll grab new photos in a bit!

15" MacBook Pro

2.66Ghz Core i7

4GB RAM (8GB on order)

120GB OCZ Vertex 2

500GB Second Drive (No ODD)

GeForce GT 330M 512MB

24" iMac

2.8GHz Core2Extreme

3GB RAM

500GB HDD

ATI Radeon 2600XT

32GB Wifi+3G iPad

Self explanatory :)

13" MacBook Pro

2.26Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

2GB RAM (may be upgrading, depending on price)

250GB HDD (upgraded from 160GB)

9400M Nvidia Graphics

20" iMac

2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB RAM

320GB HDD

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Graphics

iPad 16GB WiFi

iPhone 4 32GB

Here's mine. Only fairly recently bought an iMac (and I absolutely love it). I won't go as far as saying I'll always use a mac, because I used to think I'd never use another browser except for Firefox and now I use Chrome..

My iPhone would be in its dock but I used it to take the pic

post-75637-0-75043800-1293999731.jpg

I think there's been a thread merger.

Still, what's the point? More or less the same hardware anyway, not like there is a lot of difference in apple hardware.

Still, what's the point? More or less the same hardware anyway, not like there is a lot of difference in apple hardware.

I think it's more about the set-up than the Apple hardware.

I think it's more about the set-up than the Apple hardware.

Indeed, and posting a bunch of product names and some specs doesn't tell a lot about your set-up, at least not to me, I can imagine quite a few more think of a picture of your desktop/workspace one you say set-up and not some specs. :)

It's been some time and while not much ... well nothing... has changed on the hardware-side (same old late-2009-MacBook Pro 13", MagicMouse, same Logitech Z4 speakers...) I moved to a new apartment, got a new desk and some new lamps. Oh and the TV... I don't actually watch TV... It's more like some accessory that looks nice because it's so old. I don't even know if it still works, has been in my new place when I moved in, didn't even turn it on once...

And oh yeah, it actually looks like that. I like to keep things clean and organized.

post-65223-0-15552200-1294615246.jpg

@Boz: which keyboard is the one on the left?

If you're interested, it shares a very similar style to the K750 Solar Keyboard.