Photo

[AFL] Australian Football League

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 BOOGMaster™

BOOGMaster™

John Kerry and family. Notice the daughter horse is nude.

• 1,098 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 14:00

Yay for Australia! Up the mighty Eagles!

I think some Americans have enough trouble understanding Cricket, so I don't think they will get AFL :p

We will stick with the real football. Your oval game reminds me of when I was a small boy in Zambia. We didn't have much money, so we played "beat the starving neighbor boy" with sticks and gourds. After a severe pummeling, we usually celebrated by sitting around and letting flies naw on us.

Your game of football vanished years ago. Join the 21st century. The NFL owns joos now.

#17 ....

• 14,311 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 15:00

We will stick with the real football. Your oval game reminds me of when I was a small boy in Zambia. We didn't have much money, so we played "beat the starving neighbor boy" with sticks and gourds. After a severe pummeling, we usually celebrated by sitting around and letting flies naw on us.

Your game of football vanished years ago. Join the 21st century. The NFL owns joos now.

Ignore him peoples. He hasn't had his medication.

AFL is pretty brutal.

#18 OP fukachu

fukachu

Light Milk

• 2,062 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:10

lol...

well i'll let you in on the australian peoples view of American Football (atleast 85-90% of people i have talked about it with)

most of us (from those i've met) believe american football is for pussies because of all the padding and helmets etc you all wear. when australians play rugby and aussies rules football that are both no padding no helmet and hard hitting. admittingly aussie rules football has become softer in recent years compared to the mighty 80s etc.. but thats in the professional league.. in the amatures its still brutal. the amount of times i'v been knocked out of it you wouldnt believe. i should have brain damage by now, lol. and missing a few teeth (thank you mouth gaurd)

but i know that if you guys took off all the protective stuff there would be a heap of injuries and the game would have to be totally re structured to allow such a change. but when i've seen the hard hits in NRL i can see some of those same hard hits in AFL but with no protection clothes. but as i said AFL has become softer in recent years as they punish people heavier for breaking the rules.

#19 beacon

beacon

Neowinian

• 186 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:24

The only thing brutal about Gridiron is it's brutal boredom.

#20 futb0l

futb0l

Neowinian Senior

• 3,465 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 11:55

I prefer AFL over NFL. More exciting to watch, fast-paced, but NFL is more strategical.

#21 Mike Seedleton

Mike Seedleton

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:33

AFL is definately better than NFL I agree its so much more fast paced and exciting,

And I found a great site to watch it on now so I can go anywhere and just login

http://afltv.afl.com.au/ is the link and the best thing is you can watch every AFL game and certain NAB cup games for free so its a bargain really!

#22 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,527 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 13:30

AFL is great to watch on the TV if you love watching an ad break every couple of minutes. Between the ad breaks you get to watch drug cheats kick balls around ;)