Doom 3 Screensaver

best looking way to do it would be to recreate it in macromedia flash and then use one of those programs that convert a flash file to a packaged screensaver file. That way you would have a nice vector based logo and text and it would look nice on any res or desktop. It shouldnt be too hard to recreate in flash. hope someone is up to the task

for now i could clip off the parts of that avi with virtual dub and we could use that avi with the windows xp video screensaver

edit: cant clip stuff in virtual dub thats dvd to avi i was thinking about :( what a shame... anyone know of a program to clip avi files so i can get the fps and hud off that video?

Edited by divertom15

Here is a flash animation of the logo spinning, PM me for source (i expect you to make a screensaver)

http://w00t.co.uk/uac.swf

I'll add the text and convert when i wake up in the morning

EDIT: this took forever to post, did we get /.'ed?

That's not exactly the 'Station Locked' animation. This is UAC logo :(

your swf is almost 99% the same other than the circle in the middle of the triangle logo being frozen and not spining in the game it is exactly the same.

pm reply sent :D

Edited by divertom15

That is a darn nice job you did there, mikey. Looks just like the logo. And you saved me the trouble of trying to make it (I was in the process of it, too :))

All I hope for is that this screensaver doesn't use 100% cpu, because I would run it on all of my machines if it didn't affect my SETI@home. :)

shouldnt affect cpu usage much flash is pretty light on resources if i remember right. im going to do a little work on the logo since its needs a little touch and it needs the station locked text. then im going to convert it to a screensaver.

If this turns out half as good as that initial flash animation mikey made looks, you guys should submit it to The Carmack. See if he wants to post it on the Doom3 site. I think it's a great idea to use this as a screensaver.

Maybe put in scanlines in the background scrolling down or something. Or possibly have a small splat of blood hit the "screen" and drip down every once in awhile. Just some ideas to think of.

yeah im going to have to play with the flash files a bit it seems the circle is on top and the triangle is set in the back will be kinda complicated to fix since the triangle is supposed to move around the circle and not under it. guess i wasnt clear to mikey on that other than that it looks good (Y)

ill have a preliminary version done soon but there it may take me some time since im going to have to spit the triangle into 2 pieces to have it move around the circle and the letters acurately like in the game and im not that great with flash but it will be the best i can do untill i can talk to mikey tomarrow and maybe get something better from him

freakin' , wow. didn't expect so many people to be interested, but thank you for proving me wrong. the flash animatied thing works for me, but you guys are takin' it a step up. awesome.

I don't want to stray too far off topic here, but I figured since we had so much creative talent floating around here I would spit this out.

I think it would be a cool idea if, in addition to this awesome screensaver idea, if someone made some boot/logon/shutdown screens that all had different versions of the UAC logo on it. I would do it myself, but I haven't the first clue how to make those, and I don't have the time to because of work.

Just my ideas. :cool:

not to condone your efforts but i liked mikey's version better myself, it looks more like the triangle is spinning rather then stopping half way and starting over, none the less tho good job,