Doom 3 Screensaver

not to condone your efforts but i liked mikey's version better myself, it looks more like the triangle is spinning rather then stopping half way and starting over, none the less tho good job,

yeah thats the thing i guess i should have said before: it looks like it stops and starts over because i have to spit the triangle into 2 pieces and i have sucesfully got it to go to the middle but if i want to have the pieces change sides it doesnt do it like i would need it to it makes the triangle flip about 45 degrees inward (think kinda like the text in starwars going in space) and it then proceds to rotate it along this new axis not around the bottom and top axis it needs to be spining it around. Im going to figure out how to get around this that was just proof of concept showing how far i got what i should have done is set it so the thing didnt restart when it was over.

yeah thats the thing i guess i should have said before: it looks like it stops and starts over because i have to spit the triangle into 2 pieces and i have sucesfully got it to go to the middle but if i want to have the pieces change sides it doesnt do it like i would need it to it makes the triangle flip about 45 degrees inward (think kinda like the text in starwars going in space) and it then proceds to rotate it along this new axis not around the bottom and top axis it needs to be spining it around. Im going to figure out how to get around this that was just proof of concept showing how far i got what i should have done is set it so the thing didnt restart when it was over.

cool, nice job, keep workin at er. :cool:

here is what i have so far

rename the .zip to .swf on the end

that is beyond awesome

when this gets all finalized, i dare say this will be the first screensaver i've used in at least 5 years - can't wait :)

Here is my go at it

Since I have absolutely no skills in flash so this was made in photoshop, the flash is just for the animation. I find the colours to be more like the ones on the screens in game. If you have any suggestion, just tell me. Since it is bitmap rather then vector, it only looks good on the resolution it was meant to look at, 1152x864, my desktop resolution.

http://www.geocities.com/waldmaneric/UAC.zip

rename it to UAC.scr for it to run. remeber that if you run it at anything other then 1152x864, it won't look proper.

Edited by Enrickey

ok anyone know of any good program for making an swf into a screensaver preferably freeware but its ok if its not its just got to do a good job

edit: yet this means 1.0 is done

Ok, here's another question- Anyone know if you can set a shortcut to bring up your screensaver? I usually use Win-L to lock the computer, but it'd be so much cooler if I could use something else and have this come up :)

Ok, here's another question- Anyone know if you can set a shortcut to bring up your screensaver? I usually use Win-L to lock the computer, but it'd be so much cooler if I could use something else and have this come up :)

with the older office versions the "office toolbar" had it

btw still need a swf to screensaver program so i can complete 1.0

oh, just thought of something- Divertom, when you make it, how big are you planning? Ulra-hi res please :) I run 1600x1200, personally.

Try using Adobe Premier, or something to convert the SWF to a AVI... I think MS has an AVI->Scr tool.

Here is my go at it

Since I have absolutely no skills in flash so this was made in photoshop, the flash is just for the animation. I find the colours to be more like the ones on the screens in game. If you have any suggestion, just tell me. Since it is bitmap rather then vector, it only looks good on the resolution it was meant to look at, 1152x864, my desktop resolution.

http://www.geocities.com/waldmaneric/UAC.zip

rename it to UAC.scr for it to run. remeber that if you run it at anything other then 1152x864, it won't look proper.

you're out of bandwith

err cant get that program to even work. it creats the screensaver but the flash file never shows up when i run the scr :no:

Edited by divertom15

here is what i have so far

rename the .zip to .swf on the end

why dont you just put the SWF in a zip? cause it wont let me do ANYTHING with it. I rename it from upload.zip to upload.swf

and windows makes it upload.swf.zip :angry:

why dont you just put the SWF in a zip? cause it wont let me do ANYTHING with it. I rename it from upload.zip to upload.swf

and windows makes it upload.swf.zip :angry:

You need to show extentions in windows.

I was able to make a screensaver out of the one that Mikey posted but it wont let me upload the file :blink: :(

i can probably host it, if it's under 6MB - pm me and i'll give ya an email acct you can send it to

Updated flash again http://w00t.co.uk/uac.swf with main logo spinning around circle... size went up ~10 times (to 14kb) because i had to edit every frame

Sending source to divertom15 and i hope we will have a beta version by tonight :)

remember you can PM me for the source

Edited by mikey

thanks i got it and am finishing it up now :D

darn on second thought i havent got the email yet i eagerly await it too so i can build the scr :D

oh and my gmail is acting up make sure the subject line is different that the one you sent me the file with last time ;)

Edited by divertom15