Doom 3 Screensaver

anychanve mate you could make it so we can edit the writing ourselves, i really like the way this is looking, but i'd prefere to have different text like...

UAC=AMD

station locked=you have the power,

well thats an example.

but you get the idea.

i know it might be alot to ask, but can we get a re-make of version 1.2 that doesnt expire?

personaly i think it looks better (not to say your new one doesnt look amazing btw! good work)

like i said before the scan lines make it laggy. If you still want them i guess i could do it. and later today ill update larrys version to use the new screensaver program i found. which has the settings button working in the disply cpl. In the future you will use this to set it so keyboard activity doesnt quit the screensaver and you can use the keyboard to change colors or input a passowrd if larry has that or whatever may come :ninja:

Larry: for the passwords i was thinking it could have it say something when the mouse moves like you are loged on please enter your password to unlock the computer and have a text file with one line for the password. I know flash can do that im just not sure how. then if you set an exit control which im not sure how to do either it could exit if the password was right and say incorrect password try again if it wasnt.

Edited by divertom15

Larry: for the passwords i was thinking it could have it say something when the mouse moves like you are loged on please enter your password to unlock the computer and have a text file with one line for the password. I know flash can do that im just not sure how. then if you set an exit control which im not sure how to do either it could exit if the password was right and say incorrect password try again if it wasnt.

hmmmm. Okay I think I know what you mean here. I definitely know how to have Flash reference an outside text file, just not 100% sure how to have it check that text file for a variable (which I think the password would have to be set up as one in Flash) as I never had to make Flash do that, but I am with you that it is definitely possible. Let me look into somethings and get back to you, because that is an awesome idea. (Y)

yeah im also thinking about setting some kinda web page up with download links. well not links so much but little monitors with previews of each screensaver running on it. more on this later as it gets done.

yeah im also thinking about setting some kinda web page up with download links. well not links so much but little monitors with previews of each screensaver running on it. more on this later as it gets done.

I was also thinking the same thing, especially since I have a feeling there are going to wind up being several thousand versions of each version LOL

I can definitely design the page and host it on my Dirty Digital Designs website, it is just a matter of where the screensavers themselves will be hosted. Actually though once I design the page with the Previews, however we decided to do it, whoever wants it can put it wherever, thats really what I am thinking. (Y) Like you said than more on that later ;)

i know it might be alot to ask, but can we get a re-make of version 1.2 that doesnt expire?

personaly i think it looks better (not to say your new one doesnt look amazing btw! good work)

It wouldn't be much of a DOOM3 screensaver then, would it? :D

i got a couple PSD files with some textures from the game... one with a bunch of layers about 29 textures. Im planning to make wallpapers with some of them. I just opened the texture files and copied them to a PSD file.

the other is a UAC logo

if you want it pm me

[[EDIT: i will probably be making more of these files, cuz im still going through the stuff in the doom 3 textures and putting them in layers on a psd file is quite handy for myself if i ever need to use em]]

Edited by d3monn

It wouldn't be much of a DOOM3 screensaver then, would it? :D

eemm.. yes it would, i recon version 1.2 looks alot more like the doom 3 locked workstation than 1.3, even though 1.3 looks really good

can you make one that does not have the UAC text please, and replace with with something else maybe some kind of a shape?

Ker, I am definitely going to do this in the very near future. I am planning on getting into ScreenSavers on a whole again, so many more ideas are still to come.

@d3monn - how are you opening the texture files? I admit I am a Mac man when it comes to designing, and I tried to open the textures the other day and just could not figure it out. I am sure it is something very stupid, thats why I am asking. ;)

eemm.. yes it would, i recon version 1.2 looks alot more like the doom 3 locked workstation than 1.3, even though 1.3 looks really good

dont worry im going to do it later today.

OK the scanline version (what everyone knew as 1.2) is back up check the link in my sig for it :D its ben repackaged and so has larrys version they both use the new program that allows you to have settings work in the screensaver tab (Y)

Edited by divertom15

hey i have a little problem with the 1.3 screensaver. as the text scrolles in and out it frezzes for a few seconds with only the s showing then it resumes. i dont know what the deal is. if its one of my programs running that takes up to much cpu but anyway just thought that id let you know

yeah it is kind of an intensive screensaver. but if i were to comment (i didnt do most of thw work on it larry did so its more appropriate for him to speak) i would say make sure fade in and out between flash movies is unchecked in the settings for the screensaver. that could be causing the momentary frezzes in the screensaver. It should have been unchecked by default.

oh and welcome to neowin :)

note that themoving lines that go up and down and left to right still are moving when it freezes.  just the uac logo and "station locked" stop for a few seconds

Sorry it took me so long to comment, I was trying to figure out what it could be. basically it sounds like it is freezing when it loops, so I would try want divertom said. Sounds like a possible solution to me. In the meantime I am trying some more stuff here...

@ Jeffrey - Click The link on the bottom of DiverTom's Signature. In case you have signatures disabled, Try This Page.