Easy Programming Language

Question

I would say COBOL, but I personally like working with C# & ASP

But it would be better to start with C/C++ as a starter's kit

Python is good too, since less code is required to complete a small application. For example, 2-4 pages of building a Java application can be equivalent to a one page of Python.

Cheers

C++ is definitely one of the hardest languages. It's this patchwork of conflicting paradigms and compilation rules... It's hard enough to learn about pointers, but then you have to understand the subtle difference with references (a concept pretty much unique to C++); how do use arrays and pointer arithmetic, but also how to use STL containers; how to resolve circular dependencies (happened to me plenty of times when I started); why and when to separate definition from declaration in classes; why declaring a vector<vector<int>> throws an obscure compilation error; ... for a beginner, it's a hairy mess. (actually, not only for beginners, but that's another subject.) An easy language should have minimal overhead : think Python, VB...

I tried to learn an easy programming language (To get into programming and so) and I found out Python to be very easy in a sense that the tutorials are really meant for those who have no programming background at all ... I eventually got busy and didn't go through with it but I suggest you give it a look

What are you going to use this language for? You should be asking that question first. You don't want to be in a position where the language you learn doesn't help you create what you want.

I personally have started with VB 10 years ago, then switched to C++ to Java and finally C#. I am not counting the scripting languages like PHP/JS/VbScript and some of the less used ones like Perl and Python.

If you want to do web development I'd suggest looking into Ruby/PHP/C#

If you want to do linux/unix development I'd say take a look at Python or C++ or Java

If you want to do windows development look at C# or VB.NET or Java

Keep in mind that the .NET framework on which C# and VB.NET runs also supports IronPython, IronRuby. If you are developing on windows definitely take a look at C#, it is my favorite language so far.

Keep in mind, best way to learn is to keep writing code. Also, look at open source projects to see how people are tackling certain problems, it always pays to read good code.

Dude you should look up C# it is easy and very useful. I have been studying it for a while now and there is much you can do with it. Not only can you use it in a wide variety of platforms like Linux, Mac OS , Solaris and Windows but it can also be used along with ASP.NET to make high end dynamic websites. Give it a try

I prefer HTML, PHP it is very simple to code! and there are a lot of resources to help you learn

and you can also study other people's website.

The bad

you might take hours "hunting" down the problem :p

I think it's good to start on something easy and ease in to the "harder" stuff. I started on Basic, then to VB, then on to C like languages, e.g. C, C#, PHP, etc.

Personally, I think the most important part is understanding the logic, after that the syntax is trivial.

According to me i prefer visual basic for a simple programming language..

Hope other guys ll agree with me..But visual basic is really a simple to learn if you have a knowledge about programming..

I am surprised there are not more replies saying PHP. I think PHP is very easy, probably the easiest language that is used by a ton of people today. I make web sites and I use PHP a lot but I have a complex about it since I think it is so super easy. Kind of makes me want to ASP.NET more often but of course most webservers run on Linux. I think that PHP is a blessing to a lot of people because ASP.NET (C#) is quite a bit harder to learn (but it is great once you get the hang of it),

Delphi is pretty easy to start with. Pretty much any language is easy to learn if you can grasp the fundamentals of it. I like most any language (as long as it can be compiled natively) but assembly language is what I prefer.

i learn HTML & JAVA by myself when i was like 16, am 21 now, playing with VB atm, its fun when you know what you are doing. can anyone tell me the what the most complex application made by VB looks like ?

What is the easiest programming language to learn?

What is the quickest?

At the present time, with just a mouse click giving us the full study material and all other details, any programming language is easy to learn...

I try some hand in C# and JAVA...

Put some effort in it and you'll find it very easy..

Html is very simple.. but it is very older ..

i would suggest you to go for PHP or asp it seems to be difficult but when you start learning it... you will just enjoy learning it.. it is very interesting.

PHP is quiet latest then asp..

so get learn now and be a perfectionist...

BASIC - or more specifically Visual BASIC (to do the simple stuff) if you are an absolute noob. If you know the difference between a while loop and a do-while loop (trust me there is one!) then you're probably ready to learn some Object Oriented Programming - recommend starting with Java and then learning pointers and moving over to C++ for some serious work.

Hope that helped!

Parimal

not basic, throwing a bone like that can misguide someone if he googles basic and finds the wrong stuff... basic isn't really a usable language anymore, even though microsoft did something lately to revive it as a learning language, forgot how they called it, still, visual basic is way to go my opinion, 6 preferably, you might have bit trouble getting it, pm me and i might be able to point you in right direction.

.NET VB is way harder to learn, i started learning and finished interest in VB 6 when i was 10-11 sorta

also about what bradwilson said, you shoulden't go to PHP until you know HTML, by the way, HTML is NOT a programming language, its a way to format pages. i suggest going into normal programming before web programming, you will have easier time grasping the main concepts.

if i were you, id care less about time and more about actually making sure your learning the fundamentals of programming, i can find you tons of people who know C++ C# java tens of languages and can't really program, a language is just a syntax, a tool, programming is creativity, there are tons of books about programing fundamentals, i suggest picking one up, and visual basic 6 is a great language to start with.

Edited by Matan Mates

"Microsoft Small Basic is a project that is aimed at making computer programming accessible to beginners. The project comprises a simple programming language that gathers inspiration from the original BASIC programming language; a modern and attractive programming environment; and rich, extensible libraries. Together they make programming fun for kids and adults alike."

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...6b-e7e2d7de793e

Visual Basic Express Edition (FREE)

http://www.microsoft.com/express/vb/