Easy Programming Language

Question

hmm i support both sides.. the non MS believer and avid MS fanboy.

But i would suggest learning C++. If you can get the hang of it, you are invincible!!! Learning another language would be as easy as A,B,C.

My philosophy is to learn and tackle the hardest, later moving on to easier ones. If you choose to take the easier route like VB, VB.NET, most i would say find the route to "complicated", difficult languages like C#, C++ much more difficult for them compared if you started with the hardest.

If i am not mistaken, India has a truckload of good programmers, cause they started C, C++ programming the earliest. You might be suprised that they don't know VB and easier language. But getting a hang of those are simple matter.

If you plan on learning c++ eventually, I'd say bite the bullet and just learn it first. C++ is harder to learn than java, C#, or VB, but C++ is also a lot more powerful than any of those languages. C++ is the God language :)

If you are a beginner I would start with either Object Pascal (Delphi) or Java. Both are fairly easy.

VB is a possibility too, but personally I don't like the language... it is a mess. My preference is C++, since it is extremely powerfull. Right now I am working in C# which is very nice too.

I think you guys are all forgetting something: Neon_Wizard knows JavaScript (aka ECMAScript), and it has very similar syntax and functions as C. Therefore, moving to C or Java (no relation to JavaScript) seems the most sensible route, where one can then branch off to OOP languages such as C++ and Visual C++, or go off and do C# and .Net and whatever.

Along the way you can try Visual Basic, it is indeed fairly simple to use, but I would argue that Visual C++ is a better thing to learn overall if you want to get into "serious' programming. (Visual Basic and ASP share similar syntax and functions).

BASIC name says it all.

Any flavour VB or QBasic should be a good start.

Since you are familiar with Javascript you can start with C#.

If you have XP SP1 or later then you will have the free C# compiler in your system.

I was taught how to do computer programming at University using Borland Delphi so I would recommend that, I certainly got on okay, pretty user friendly. In my new job starting in a couple of weeks I'll be using Delphi :) still have to go on a Delphi training course though

Easiest To Learn: VB.Net

- Drag + Drop, .Net Framework Classes Already Have Lots Of Functionality Programmed, Readable In English

Easiest To Use: C# (VB Frustrating At Times For High End Development)

- A Bit Harder Than VB.Net Because More Use Of Symbols - Less English Words

Hardest: 1+0's: Machine Code

I was writing BASIC at the age of 6, and not the "20 goto 10" stuff.

Then when I got my Amiga and first PC I was tinkering more with scripting and multimedia tools.

At uni I was taught Java, but self taught (and preferred) VB. Moving on from VB to VBScript, ASP, PHP and other scripting/web scripting languages, I have moved on to C#.

Of all, I found VB the quickest to "pick up and run" with.

ur all wrong..easiest lang is Turing LOLLL its dead but a good place to start

its like this:

put "hey" // shows in screen

put "What's your name?" //asks a question

var Name : string // makes a variable to save the name. (not really sure on if this is the right way to declare variable)

get Name // now gets the NAME from the question reply and saves it in the "Name" var

put "Your name is", Name

Pascal.

It is what I started with and it is damn easy. Any moron can learn it.

Yea, I have to learn that to, and I got 50% of it all in one night.. ;) But I never got to bed but I got a A for it anyway :D