Processor Temperature Database

This thread is kind of pointless unless everyone in it is using the exact same mobo and fan/water setup. You can't accurately compare your temps to anyone elses. The mobo temps are an approximation that are usually off be +-3C. So your results could be the same but appear 6C (or more) off depending upon the temp probe placement, manufacturer, etc.

Right now around 43-45? idle, no higher than 50? under full load. Since it's Summer, it runs a tad bit hotter, should come down to low 40's, maybe high 30's come winter. I've got a 2100+ with a Thermaltake SilentBoost with AS5

My idle temp is normally around 45c, but thats with my fan on minimum setting (I have a thermaltake volcano). When the system goes under load, that shoots up to 65c and over, but if I ramp my fan up to full, it sits at around 55 on full load. But then its really loud :pinch: so I normally compromise at aroun 60c under load with my fan around half power.

This screenshot is around idle... It goes up by another 8-9 degrees celcius if it's under load.. up to around 60-61C

Oh, and this is a desktop with a Prescott 2.40 Ghz

post-13-1093420642.jpg

P4@1.5GHz. The CPU temp ranges from 25?C at boot, to 35-40?C during long-term heavy load. Case temp is somewhere between 30-40?C at all times. I have no case fan (yet), and a regular aluminum heat sink for the CPU. Don't know how trustworthy the temp readings are, though.