MX1000

Logitech MX1000

MSRP: $79.99

Despite the poor review that was posted here a few days ago, I purchased this mouse because I currently have all the other mx series nice with the exception of the 310. IMO the mx1000 is an excellent mouse, the feel or grip is just as good as the 700 or 900. The added battery indicator is very nice and for once Logitech has placed an on off switch on their mouse. The wheel has an excellent feel to it and the tilt features are extremly handy, something I have envied in the MS mice for awhile. The side buttons are a little different as it is now one buttown for foward and back with a program switch inbetween them. On top you have the wheel and a rocking foward and reverse scoll as in the previous mx models.

Now for the tracking review. I played farcry for two hours and had absolutly no problems. This mouse tracked jsut as well as my mx700 and almost no difference between 1000 and my 510. During normal application use the mx1000 actually seems a bit more accurate than the 700 when doing everyday stuff such as working in PS (I'm not a PS expert but it is more accurate)

This mouse gets a 4.5 out of 5, my only discrepencies are its lack of bluetooth (i would buy a second bluetooth model if they release it for my powerbook) and the fact that it is only sold seperatly from the mx dou kb/mouse set meaning right now i have two recievers.

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Edited by thetman

As soon as I can afford to I plan on picking this up. My MX700 is about 3 years old and while it still runs great, just tends to feel worn at times.

One question though, I have seen mentioned that it contains a lithium ion battery(or something like that). Is it removeable or is it built into the mouse? The reason I ask is because they do eventually kick out and it would suck to have to buy a new mouse just because the batteries finally lost their charge. I know the rechargeables in my MX700 are holding less of a charge then they used to.

As soon as I can afford to I plan on picking this up. My MX700 is about 3 years old and while it still runs great, just tends to feel worn at times.

One question though, I have seen mentioned that it contains a lithium ion battery(or something like that). Is it removeable or is it built into the mouse? The reason I ask is because they do eventually kick out and it would suck to have to buy a new mouse just because the batteries finally lost their charge. I know the rechargeables in my MX700 are holding less of a charge then they used to.

The battery is built into the mouse. But in the manual it shows you how to remove it. So I guess logitech will be selling replacements.

the battery on the MX700 is amazing. I can use it for more than 24 hours without charging and maybe after 40 hours is when it starts to blink but still acts great.

BTW i disagree with your Bluetooth wanting. Bluetooth sucks for a mouse IMO. Its not neccesary Bluetooth should be for other more important things. But dont worry like your other problem i bet Logitech will release another version in the following months.

I agree with rIaHc3. Bluetooth sucks! I had the mx900 and had nothing but problems with it. First off bluetooth is very slow. It takes about 10 seconds for your mouse to connect after windows finishes booting. Second logitech bluetooth drivers are very buggy. The mouse would disconnect randomly. Very unreliable. If you want bluetooth connectivity for your pc just go out and buy a USB bluetooth adapter for $30.

I recently sold my mx900 to get a mx1000. Let me tell you the difference is huge! This mouse is always ready for use. Absolutely no waiting time! Plus its very comfortable. One thing I like about the mx5/7/9 is the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel on the mx1000 is too smooth for me. I like it when the scroll wheel actually clicks. The scroll wheel on the mx1000 does click but you can hardly feel it. But I guess i'm going to have to get use to it. Anyway thats my take on it. :D

900 is bluetooth the 1000 is not. also i have all the mx series for several reasons

1. i am a gadget freak

2. i get discounts on them (very good ones in fact)

3. imo they are worth it

4. i am a nice guy and wanted to post a review

5. mx1000 replaces the 700, it was good but I am likeing my new one better

6. the 900 is strictly for my powerbook, i dont like the apple bluetooth mouse and i lvoe the expose probrammable buttons

7. the mx510 was for my emac, i know any mouse could of done, but i wanted more of the series

8. i had the 700 from the mx duo set

I doubt I'll get it.. probably wait until it becomes part of a set, I don't want to have 2 bases for the keyboard and mouse.

Just wondering though, is it any lighter than the mx700?

hi there...nice review...

although i have one question...

whats the weight on this unit???...also how its distributed...?

i ask because all the wireless mice i've come along have a lot of weight distributed somewhere else but the center of the mouse...thats because of the positioning of the battery...and some logitech mice are weighty enough to consider using them as gym replacements...

i'm between this one and the mx510...

:-P