MX1000

As soon as I can afford to I plan on picking this up. My MX700 is about 3 years old and while it still runs great, just tends to feel worn at times.

sorry to be the ass, but mx700 has only been out for 2 years. i was one of the first to get it, helps to know people. :whistle:

I've been looking for a thread for this. No one seems to of mentioned yet that it's a "laser" mouse? The first one ever according to Logitech's website? here. Or am I being daft?

I knew it was a laser mouse, who else did?

I am sure he didn't just look at it, observe that the number was 100 more than the last one, and buy it....

I knew it was a laser mouse, who else did?

I am sure he didn't just look at it, observe that the number was 100 more than the last one, and buy it....

well there was a front page news post about it being laser just the other day

i certainly HOPE most neowinians knew :happy:

one thing the post mentioned though was that laser mice are not a drastic improvement over optical. it said that most techies will experiment but majority of users can sidestep it. it is just one of those improvements in standards that will make all mice switch to lasers, but no one will really notice much

seems like that is the case at least ;)

i really wanna switch over to a mx series mouse...but my ms intellimouse explorer is still working fine (well, i've gone through about 5, but ms always replaces for free). i just can't justify the $80, but if i do need a new mouse, this would be it.

Bought it tonight because my original Optical intellimouse fnally bit the dust...had that bad boy for 4 years or so.

Anyway...loving the mouse thus far. Only two problems really...for one, it doesn't work with my MS wireless natural keyboard. The interference makes the mouse cursor jump everywhere. Tried changing channels, but it's a no go thus far. One of the mouse annoying things...the mouse doesn't sit flush with the desk...it "wobbles" when you use it. Apparently some have this problem and some don't, so I'll have to take it back and get a different one.

Other than that, the mouse rocks, and it looks awesome. Pics don't do it justice.

friend of mine ordered his alreay. i'm getitng his old mx 700 :D

Wow. That is kinda wild. You have one of the best mice already out there, but you still feel the need to upgrade. Cool that you can do it, but I still think the corded MX510 is da bomb and hope it serves me well for years. By comparison, it is a bargain. :o

Enjoy your new fangled laser mouse. Please don't use it as some sort of "Star Wars" missle defense shield. I suppose you could plug like 127 into a single USB bus and angle them all towards a spy satellite and bring it down or something, so you just be careful out there... :D

heh.

I bought the mx1000 yesterday and I must say it is awesome! the feel is great, even better than the mx700, the software is different and looks good so far, also the only con I have is that the forward and backward buttons don't work within Avant Browser but they do with regular IE, I'll post up some pics later

You can get it a little cheaper from buy.com, 69.99

Most places have been selling for 83.00, so buy.com it where I picked mine up.

Good mouse, hard to get used to since it's so precise. Mine kinda wobbles though like it's not level....is it supposed to do that?

I walking around my local hardware store and saw the mx1000 - and on impulse just bought it as my MX700 could be used with my desktop at work.

Very impressed so far - mine wobbles slightly - probably as it has one less pad thing than the mx700. It's far more lighter, just as accurate lovin the tilt wheel stuff MUCH smoother scrolling and when you do scroll it no longer sounds like some kinda of mouse/small furry creature's fart :laugh:

In conclusion no need to upgrade unless

A) You don't already have an MX[x]00

B) Or your MX[x]00 has been dropped on its head more times than you were as a kid OR

C) like me want to replace a sh*tty BALL mouse at work

:whistle: god bless logitech

Could the pictures be any blurrier?

They are not "blurry" they are very high res and your browser is probably sizing them down to fit in the alloted area. Why dont you try expanding it.... :whistle: :rolleyes:

sorry to "derail", but i've posted a review of my mx1000 elsewhere, i guess i could post it here too:

OK, so I received my MX1000 yesterday... I've had a little time to play around with it.

IMG_2578.jpg

As you can see, it's a wireless mouse. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past month or so, you'll know that the big deal about this mouse is its sensor. Instead of using a standard red LED and a CMOS sensor like a regular optical mouse, this uses a class 1 laser. Logitech claims this means the mouse is twenty times more accurate than their previous MX sensor... and it really does live up to the claim. The first thing I noticed while setting up the mouse was that it's incredibly accurate. In fact, I had a hard time getting used to the sensitivity - coming from a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer v4, I had to turn the sensitivity and cursor acceleration down. You should be able to use the mouse on relatively shiny surfaces - just not a glass table or a mirror. I was able to track on a CD with no problem.

IMG_2582.jpg

The MX1000 has internal lithium ion batteries, meaning you don't have to change them. Logitech guarantees this battery will last over a year. Another new feature on the MX1000 is its battery gauge. Yes, it looks cool. Yes, it's a great feature. There's not much to be said about it.

IMG_2597.jpg

Most people will complain that the MX1000 is too big for their tastes. I disagree - it's not even that big. I've compared it to the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer (v3 and v4), Apple Pro Mouse, and Microsoft Optical Mouse blue:

IMG_2598.jpg

As you can see, it's roughly the same size as the Microsoft mice.

It also curves around my hand totally, and it's very comfortable. I can foresee myself using this for hours on end.

IMG_2587.jpg (yay for one-handed camera shots! :p)

On the topic of Microsoft Mice, the MX1000 has borrowed the left and right scroll function from Microsoft's newer mice. This is a new feature to Logitech's line, and their implementation of it is very nice... in fact, nicer than Microsoft's, in my opinion. My qualm with Microsoft's left/right rocker is that it doesn't make any noise. So, when I would be scrolling through a webpage, I'd accidentally hit the left/right rocker and lose my spot. Logitech's is a little harder to toggle and emits a clicking sound, which I like.

IMG_2585.jpg

The MX1000 also has the (now) standard back/forward browsing buttons:

IMG_2583.jpg

I don't have a MX700, but from what I've been told, Logitech has changed the placement on these buttons. The application switch button in the middle is a nice touch... I'd like to see this button usable in FPS games, though.

As stated, it's very accurate. This mouse is awesome for FPS games (I was able to kick ass and take names with CoD: United Offensive), even though it's wireless. I didn't see any delay in using the mouse in any games, except for the Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault demo. This game had weird behavior... it had at least a 2 second delay on mouse actions (mouselook, switching weapons, etc).

Overall, this is a great mouse, albeit expensive. I paid $66 for it over at buy.com, although I recommend against this; buy.com said they'd ship it in 1 to 2 days... in reality; it took them 5 days to ship, excluding shipping (FedEx got it here in 3 days :)).