ATI Radeon 9200 SE - problems

Hi all

A few weeks back I bought a Radeon 9200 SE (128 MB) graphics card. The card was functioning well till I started noticing bluish horizontal lines or flickers that started appearing on screen. It has got to the point where I am unable to view the screen without getting a headache. I can?t just return the card to the shop as I had bought it in Malaysia.

I have tried installing the new set of drives from ATI and the new DirectX drivers. But still the problem persists.

I have tried contacting ATI, but I haven?t received any reply from them. I did search the web and there are similar problems reported with this card. However, no solutions are available. Any idea what can be done to tackle this issue?

I have tried switching resolutions and disabling hardware acceleration, but does not seem to work.

Is the fan on the video card working and everything...you can get graphical problems if its not being cooled properly. Although with a card like that I don't know that it would need much cooling :(

If you had an nvidia card installed previously download an nvidia driver killer (there are several on www.guru3d.com) and make sure all the old nvidia stuff is gone

chances are the the card's either overheating (which is pretty unlikey with a 9200, i think they're ok passive)

or that there's some memory corruption or suchlike going on.

i'd suggest calling ati and seeing if they can help in some way (very, very few large companies are any good with email)

Thanks. I have swapped the card with a friend. I am running on a NVIDIA. The card seems to work fine on his computer. I get a feeling it has something to do with the BIOS. Anyways, thanks again.

i tried the latest drives (catalyst 4.8 - 08/11/04), did not work for me. i dont know why. anyways, thanks all, i have exchanged the card with a friend.

I had a problem with the latest drivers, so I tried the Omega drivers based on that set and it worked just fine, in fact, it worked alot better. :)

9200 is a decent card, and with Omega drivers it can run current games with no problem.