Warcraft III = Haxord

Originally posted by Keldyn

Care to explain more ? How is it h4x0r3d ?

Thats what i was wondering too. Just because it is pirated and available for download on the net doesnt meen it is 'hacked'. Correct me if im wrong... BTW you cant play on bnet without a valid key.

In response to Keldyn: How can this game be illegal "warez" if it's still in beta stages. It isn't for sale yet.

And to the topic starter: Don't be lame, the beta has been out for months now. I play it just about every day on warforge.

Originally posted by Opio

In response to Keldyn: How can this game be illegal "warez" if it's still in beta stages. It isn't for sale yet.

And to the topic starter: Don't be lame, the beta has been out for months now. I play it just about every day on warforge.

i kno it is out, i just didn't think everyone knew about the hacked one

Originally posted by Fonze

....... the game isn't out yet...... and yah it works, my friend has playd it. no they will not patch the hole because bnet is retarded

You don't seem to understand how it works.

For anyone who is curious as to how to play the beta, visit www.war3pub.net

And no, it's not warez related either.

Originally posted by Opio

A dubious argument for an even more dubious topic. It's open to interpretation, but the way i see it you are still hurting the companies who make these games by downloading pirated versions off the net. And deliberating circumventing cd checks/ copy protections in itself is illegal. Oh and by your argument then i suppose all the beta versions of WInXP floating around the net were perfectly legal too eh ? Not having been released and all.....

But whatever, im not here to argue. I just ask, that this not be turned into another warez thread.

Originally posted by twist

i know that, i meant when it comes out.

who cares about a beta.

you can also play rtcw on illegal servers that don't use the auth check

Who cares about a beta?? You obviously haven't played it yet or else you would be eating those words.

Originally posted by Keldyn

A dubious argument for an even more dubious topic. It's open to interpretation, but the way i see it you are still hurting the companies who make these games by downloading pirated versions off the net. And deliberating circumventing cd checks/ copy protections in itself is illegal. But whatever, im not here to argue. I just ask, that this not be turned into another warez thread.

Fair enough.. Some people have no clue as to what they're talking about though... :roll: :sleeping:

....... the game isn't out yet...... and yah it works, my friend has playd it. no they will not patch the hole because bnet is retarded

What the heck are you talking about? Blizzard releases patches all the time for bnet games. Most of the time they are just to fix hacks and bugs etc..

this was a thread for people that wanted WC3...... i didn't ask for a war on warez or people debateing how wc games suck

please atleast stay on topic, or leave it alone and the post will go away to the bottom of the forum forever

Originally posted by twist

no i haven't i don't like wc, i used to play wc 1 way back when it came out, its was fun.

wc2 sucked

sc sucked harder

Despite what you think SC was way more popular then WC. Hell it even won game of the year award!

this was a thread for people that wanted WC3...... i didn't ask for a war on warez or people debateing how wc games suck

please atleast stay on topic, or leave it alone and the post will go away to the bottom of the forum forever

You didn't have to be such a lamer about it though... that's all

Originally posted by MaxPayne1357

Despite what you think SC was way more popular then WC. Hell it even won game of the year award!

In Korea they worship Starcraft.. I'm dead serious about that too.

i'm sure lots of people like it

lots of people play lots of games, i'm sure there are some genres you don't like.

you can put syrup on crap, doesn't make it pancakes

Warez or not isn't debatable, it doesn't matter if a company intends to sell a product or not, whoever owns the copyright to software can determine how it is distributed, just like it's illegal to have a Windows beta, or how they license it for 180 days.

Also there is no debate, any time that you circumvent a products anti-piracy measures you break the law (DMCA).

If these types of posts are allowed here Neowin is facilitating that, which could get them in a lot of trouble.