NeoRequest

Question

Neowin,

Over the past few months, myself (JMann) and Chorpeac have been working on a new graphics request system for Neowin, called Neorequest. This system has been designed to provide a lot more organised and simplier system to request graphics. My job on Neorequest was to provide the skins and to make the graphics on Neorequest look very good and also to make the system simple so users dont get confused or stuck when using it. Chorpeac was the guy who codes the whole thing together and makes all work together and has done a brilliant job bringing it all together and it has worked perfectly, so without further talk, myself and Chorpeac present Neorequest Graphics Request System. Enjoy the system and drop us a comment or question in the Neorequest Official Neowin Forum, all linked below.

Neorequest Graphics Request System

Neorequest Official Neowin Forum

Enjoy it, as it was made for all of you and Neowin.

Best Regards,

JMann and Chorpeac.

Neorequest Creators

Edited by JMann

Ok I think I figured a fix for it. When I changed to GoDaddy, there is different configuration on their servers. Obviously...

So what I had to do was change the database connection mechanism. Before I was using ODBC to connect to MySql, and I had to change it to MySql connector for .NET 2.0. Now I modified a bunch of backend code to make this change possible, so let me know if there are any further hiccups ok? But post them in the Neorequest forum (https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showforum=116)

Original Exception->Index was outside the bounds of the array

Eh?

What were you trying to accomplish when you got this error? Can you provide a screen shot?

Wow, you guys went through a lot of trouble to over complicate something that was simple, and that worked quite well.

Sure, in theory NeoRequest is a good idea, but when nobody uses it, due to a number of reasons including boatloads of errors, you are just wasting everyone's time, including your own.

Things were fine the way they were, you should really considering going back to the way things already were.....

It took me ten minutes just to figure out how and where to post a request, and by the time I figured it out I realized nobody was requesting there, and of the few requests there were even less responses....

It's still online obviously, but with work commitments I myself haven't got the time at the moment to start thinking about a new version. I obviously can't speak on behalf of Chorpeac though!

Definately would like to try renewing NeoRequest one day, just not right now. :p The subforum in Neobay might be able to help, Grafix Exchange.

Is neorequest still working? I've added request yesterday and no response, one user posted today in this forum and received reply ? Are we allowed to post request in forum (starting new topic) or only through neorequest?

Is neorequest still working? I've added request yesterday and no response, one user posted today in this forum and received reply ? Are we allowed to post request in forum (starting new topic) or only through neorequest?

NeoRequest is pretty quiet currently, something is in the workings though. :p

For now, if you want to open a paid Graphics Request post in the Grafixs Exchange (NeoBay) or if you would like to try your chances and ask for a free request post it in this forum 'Web Client Side'.