Starcraft.....old but still rocks!

I can't imagine that Starcraft has been released 5 years ago and today the game still rocks! (well for me). Still fun to play and Blizzard has done the job very well to keep the 5 year old game still playable. I know that gamers prefer ones like CS or Q3A but there is no point of denying that Starcraft still make it on top ten games on all time (I think there was an article on PCGamers). Maybe some think Starcraft is already crappy, dunno if anyone out there still playing it. I still playing it really.

Very true. Starcraft is my fav game, And was actually the first pc game i ever bought. Other Blizzard games i now own include: SC:BW, Diablo, D2, D2LOD, and soon i will have W3 :)

Originally posted by Matrox

I love StarCraft. Still play it today. Any word on a StarCraft 2?

-Matrox

nope, i hope it comes out...that will be schweet.

I am hoping Blizzard will have something on their mind about making the second sequel of popular Starcraft games. If not, Starcraft will start to lose gamers...hey it's 5 year old game! There has to be a successor to that :D

It would make a lot of sense to release SC2 and yes it does rock, it's the only game I ever played the demo and then I rushed to buy it. I have also brood wars

Excelent game

ahh the protos they rocked

but the zerg were fun too, with their guys that evolved, and hid undeground. Yer id biuy SCII

Originally posted by mariusu

yup, starcraft was a cool game, and maybe it still is! yeah, the protoss rule!!!!

and the essential proton cannon rush. ALWAYS beats the computer...

Originally posted by altezza

I am hoping Blizzard will have something on their mind about making the second sequel of popular Starcraft games. If not, Starcraft will start to lose gamers...hey it's 5 year old game! There has to be a successor to that :D

Eh I don't think they are going to loose any gamers. There is no other game that people can turn to that lives up to StarCraft's quality. And with the StarCraft Battle chest at $20 it is a bargain for people who don't have it already so that should suck a few more people into it. Also I think when gamespot put up the 10 most purchased game of all time it was one of them, but I could be wrong. Long live StarCraft! We should start a petition to blizzard for them to make a StarCraft 2 or even another add-on for the game, which would rock just as much. :D

Yeah SC rulez man! Blizzard must release either another expansion pack or the second sequel of Starcraft. It's a cool thing if zerg's guardian can attack air units too.....or the protoss slow moving reaver can be upgraded to much faster speed. And yes, there must be very exciting about removing the limited 200 supply depot...try to increase it to 300 or 400...then my hydralisk will go like hell :D

5 years on and i still play this game. Blizzard know how to make the best games in terms of playability. Ever notice how alot of the older games are the ones you remember best ? They just don't make games like they use to. These days there is far too much emphasis placed on pretty visuals and not gameplay....:ermm:

Originally posted by Keldyn

5 years on and i still play this game. Blizzard know how to make the best games in terms of playability. Ever notice how alot of the older games are the ones you remember best ? They just don't make games like they use to. These days there is far too much emphasis placed on pretty visuals and not gameplay....:ermm:

I would have to disagree. Diablo 2 is awesome and that was released last year and was made by Blizzard, but yes they have not made a game that lives up to StarCraft. Hopefully WarCraft 3 will do so, but I doubt it.

You guys all say that they need to add more to the game and more.. if they do that it will ruin the balance of power in the game...

I played Zerg myself... but if you know how to play the game you also know that there is always a way to stop a rush if you know what to counter act with. If guardians could air attack, they would rule the game...zerg would be too powerful. thus making the balance f-cked up, and a crappy game.

Maybe its me, but I fell this was a good game, because it was balanced, at least in BW I think it was. Again however, cheats got in the way of a great game.

Starcraft is the only game i've owned for that long and still play and enjoy. truly a rockn' game. well balanced (i play Zerg) and great replay value. Starcraft 2, i bet we don't see that for at least 3 years but realisticaly as long as 5. you all know how Blizzard is, but when it is realesed it won't be to buggy. alot of game makers rush to release and we get an unpolished finished product. i respect Blizzard gets it right the first time :)

starcraft (+broodwar) was the LAST game i bought from the store with my own money. its been on my harddrive since it first came out a few years ago.

i remember playing the beta that summer at an internet cafee. it was cool. the zerg had larvae at every building (no waiting for hatchery).

and the terrans had their own teleportation devices.

too bad it didnt stick in with the final version :(

kintamanate: the sc beta version you've played is how much different than the final version? It's cool to have zerg larva in every building (but nowadays I built 10+ hatcheries so I built my troops very quick). What kind of teleportation does the Terran have in beta version? I'd like to hear that.