Rated R movie needing screening

For my film class i have to get a movie clip from a vid thats meaning full to the classes discussion

so i found my clip but it says F that and F U a couple times.. is there a way to edit this so its like PG13

and bleep it out?

If you have Adobe Premiere you can just drop the volume down to zero then back to normal when the cussword is over. If you can find a sound file that has the same frequency as the BLEEP sound then just throw it into another sound track where the cuss word is said. Just time everything up right and you're fine.

you could hand out permission slips to everyone in your class for their parents to sign. saying the movie is rated r and all..

or write a non disclosure agreement and make everyone signd it saying that they wont mention anything of what has happened outside the room.

you could use a program like virtualdub to edit the movie if its on your harddrive.. if not, then just pop the vhs into your vhsplayer and hit record for half a second when the guy says ****

My guess is that if you asked the teacher, they'd prefer you find a different clip... Maybe that'd be the easiest thing to do...

But who knows. I usually have bad ideas anyway...

Or at least, nobody wants to hear my ideas...

"I like my bad language, bleep you very much. And bleep you for bleeping my day up you bleeping bleep."

Or just play the clip and at the scenes where the are swear words, just scream real loud so the classmates cant hear the bad words.

Or just mute the sound when the word cames

Or you could just show it all as is, and say that you believe in freedom of speech and the protection of art. Should Michaelangelos David be censored and have pants on b/c so find it too titilating that he's naked? Films are art, and shouldn't be censored. See how liberal your teacher is! :-)

It's a film class? How do you manage to study films that don't have cursing and sex?

Do you sit around talking about the dynamics between Williams and Brosnan in Mrs. Doubtfire? Or maybe you discuss the traumas you got from watching Bambi?

Or just spend 10 minutes before the class screaming obscenties at everyone non-stop to desensitise them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This reminds me of when I was in elementary school, we each had to play a song on the cassette player for the rest of the class, and one group of girls selected an Alanis Morisette song with some cussing in it. When the curse words were coming up they ran up to the boom box to turn it down for the cussing, but instead ended up turning it up full blast, good times. Oh to be 8 years old again.