Nvidia presentations leak

Umm doom 3 is a bit old now isn't it???? i have already passed it and it was kool but now it just gets boaring is it just me ?

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=16946

Top 10 best selling PC games in the US...for the week ending September 11:

1 Doom 3 - Activision $49

2 The Sims Deluxe - Electronic Arts $20

3 MS Age Of Mythology - Microsoft $31

4 World Poker Championship - Valusoft (THQ) $20

5 The Sims: Makin' Magic Expansion Pack - Electronic Arts $18

6 The Sims: Unleashed Expansion Pack - Electronic Arts $18

7 Rise Of Nations - Microsoft $37

8 MS Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection - Microsoft $30

9 Call Of Duty - Activision $33

10 The Sims: Superstar Expansion Pack - Electronic Arts $19

Nope. Doom 3 is not old, at least not in the wallet of consumers.

Stats Schmats! you can get stats to prove anything. A different game, and ATI would have come out on top. But they wouldn't show you that of course. When I look at what cards to buy, I look at more than one benchmark, from more than one site, with more than one set of drivers.

If that fails, you look at the _facts_, like pipes, buswidth, fill speed, clock speeds, like you should in the first place.

it doesn't matter that the inquirer is the source they showed, if you checked into the article it is a fact , ATI only these parts listed, and i'm pretty sure people would only give a damn about the x600 there :

http://www.pcisig.com/developers/complianc...tegrators_list/

PCI Express

ATI Technologies Radeon X600 PCIe 1.0a Graphics

Conventional PCI

Components

ATI Technologies ATI88800GX rev. C mach64 - rev. C Graphics

ATI Technologies ATI88800GX rev. D mach64 - rev. D Graphics

ATI Technologies ATI68800AX mach32 Graphics

add-in cards

ATI Technologies Graphics Pro Turbo Graphics

ATI Technologies Graphics Ultra Pro Graphics

ATI Technologies Graphics Ultra Plus Graphics

ATI Technologies Graphics Expression Graphics

whereas most nvidia parts are listed as passed.

that's not to say i think these slides are genuine at all however, just putting down an article simply for the source is plain wrong when 10 seconds on google proves the content is factually accurate.

Isn't the intent of this presentation to reassure employees and shareholders? Of course it's biased, but it's not meant to go public anyway. It's a biased presentation, praising NVIDIA products for people who want to hear NVIDIA products praised. If this was a public document, I would feel insulted, but since it's not intended for the public, I don't mind...

Isn't the intent of this presentation to reassure employees and shareholders? Of course it's biased, but it's not meant to go public anyway. It's a biased presentation, praising NVIDIA products for people who want to hear NVIDIA products praised. If this was a public document, I would feel insulted, but since it's not intended for the public, I don't mind...

True. I'm an NVIDIA fan boy at heart, and the biasness (is that a word :s) of this article makes me feel dirty.

no ****... that doesn't look like anything that would come from nVidia. Every slide they have ever released has always been very proper and with solid information and not "WE R0XX0R3 MORE!!11!!" like these slide show them as doing. Complete bull**** in my oppinion, I think this topic should really be looked at as nothing more than a sad individuals attempt to make a flame thread, official request to lock

*note i'm not a fanboy of ATI and I don't have time to explain why I like nVidia*

Naw, we have seen it before.

Pretty pathetic that all Nvidia has to work with is Doom3. Every damn thing they say is about Doom3. OMG OUR CARDS ARE BETTER IN DOOM 3 OMG HACKS!1!!1!!

because not only do they beat ATi in doom3, they beat it very very badly.

I wonder how a card can be 112% slower than another card? I mean, can you run a game with negative fps?

NO!

That means that one nvidia card performs 2.12 times faster than an ati card.

Umm doom 3 is a bit old now isn't it???? i have already passed it and it was kool but now it just gets boaring is it just me ?

A game came out in the UK today called Call of Duty: United Offensive

It uses the Quake3 engine.

ID software engines don't just come and go, it is going to be used alot in the coming years.

OMG, DOOM III is optimized for nvidia cards, offcourse they are better.

ATI could make the same slides, but then for HL2

I guess the slides are fake, or a joke, but if they are real, then Nvidia is pretty childisch

no ****... that doesn't look like anything that would come from nVidia.

Were you living under a rock ? :rolleyes:

Every slide they have ever released has always been very proper and with solid information and not "WE R0XX0R3 MORE!!11!!" like these slide show them as doing.

Now that proves that you were living under a rock. :D

]Complete bull**** in my oppinion, I think this topic should really be looked at as nothing more than a sad individuals attempt to make a flame thread, official request to lock

I've got a source to back up and these are genuine slides from Nvidia. :rolleyes:

Get the agp version if you got a good board and chip etc etc and don't plan on buying a new computer in the next 2yrs.

Get the PCI-X version if your buying a new system and make sure you get a PCI-X board (duh!) etc etc.

I'm not a ATI or Nvidia fan, I just buy whats better for my dollar at time of purchase. ;)

P.S - Let the flaming begin! :devil:

There are no PCI-X graphics cards. You mean PCI Express, or PCI-E. PCI-X is a completely different architecture (it is an extension of conventional PCI).

HTH

P69

It doesn't matter what the slides say, I will still go with ATI whenever possible.

I have owned a couple nVidia cards in the past, and I run into more driver problems with their cards than with ATI.

Too much grief and wasted time just to fix nVidia crap. Needless to say, nVidia design is generally a lot smoother in term of game play, but their drver is horrible to me.

That means that one nvidia card performs 2.12 times faster than an ati card.

Ok, lets take this slow so you will understand.

They are saying that the ati card is 112% slower than the nvidia card.

Right, say the nvidia card does 100fps to make it really really really easy. 112% of 100 is 112fps. So they are saying that the ATI card is 112fps slower than the card that does 100fps.

If they would have said the nvidia card is 112% faster, then it's something else. But now they didn't. It just shows how sloppy they are and how badly they need to trash talk their opponents instead of fucusing on their own product.

Also ATIs x700xt will be $199 and it got 6 fps less than the 6600gt on the bit-tech.net benchmarks. Atis card is faster in Farcry and other games too, so it's 100% fud and some lies from nvidia on those slides.

Edited by carpediem

nvidia do speak some **** ah well nevermind I know the truth, I never listen to marketing or buy something because its on an advert so do i care about nvidia's schpeel? no :p

PCI-X are 64bit PCI slots as far as I know

PCI-E are the new AGP replacement

Ok, lets take this slow so you will understand.

They are saying that the ati card is 112% slower than the nvidia card.

Right, say the nvidia card does 100fps to make it really really really easy. 112% of 100 is 112fps. So they are saying that the ATI card is 112fps slower than the card that does 100fps.

Yeah, they musta mean't 66% slower I guess.

And I guess if it is 100% slower, is that a BSOD ?

Perhaps the other 12% is a dig at their new control center, might be wonderful - I haven't seen it myself, but 40 meg drivers ?!

I bought the 6800 Ultra because it was the best of what was available when I wanted to upgrade from my 9800 Pro, which was the best last time I was looking to upgrade.