Do you buy games?

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy games?

• I get them from Warez sites, irc, and friends using cracks, etc.
    • I buy them legally

I do buy games, not many of them, but I do buy my own games. What are your reasons. I know that many of them are expensive and its easier just to download. Any other reasons?

If they are excellent games, such as Jedi II, OFP, Colin McRae, Baldur's Gate, i buy them. But it's usually try them first before buying thing. I have no problems purchasing a game even after i have the full *demo*. If it's good, i would be more than happy to reward the developers.

The game has to be really exceptional for me to want to buy it..... otherwise its the old try before you buy thing so i....err, nevermind...:cheeky: OpFlashpoint and Baldurs Gate 2 were the last games i bought.

I do both...the last few games I bought were:

Dungeon Siege

C&C Renegade

Return To Castle Wolfenstein

Rune (Gold)

Serious Sam: The First Encounter

Max Payne

Arcanum

Red Faction

I am a guilty participant in "trying" before buying. I will, like the majority here so far, buy a game if I decide to keep it. I don't buy many games so it's not really a problem. In fact the last game I bought was Unreal Tournament and I only play it now with the Tactical Ops mod running (so I don't really play UT then do I :D ).

I buy pretty much all the games on my PC, not because I'm a super-moral person or anything, it's just because I can't stand the time I'd need to wait to "borrow" it.

Last game I bought was Deus Ex: Game of the year edition, two weeks ago. Man, that game absolutely rocks.

The last game I "borrowed" was Unreal Tournament, aaaaaages ago. Still got the copy, though.

If it's good, i would be more than happy to reward the developers

I think thats the funniest line on this thread. You feel when you buy a game and pay the people that made it a reward to them. Its buying thr game and paying for someones hard work. I hope they dont make games just for rewards. How will they feed there kids and teach them to be game developers too :)

Since i dont play games that much, i bought maybe 4 games in my life and downloaded less than 10....but if ur talking bout apps well that different....but i dont use much either

Originally posted by PKHelloNasty

I think thats the funniest line on this thread. You feel when you buy a game and pay the people that made it a reward to them. Its buying thr game and paying for someones hard work. I hope they dont make games just for rewards. How will they feed there kids and teach them to be game developers too :)

paying for a sh!tty game. is wrong. if the developers want money they need to make good games! "trying" before buying is the only proper way. I hope they do make games just for my monotery rewards. to work hard on a game and receiving pay for good work is a reward. money for another cheap knock-off should be punished.

games that are going to be played for a long time eg. counter strike i buy but other games that are around for a little while i borrow off friends and other stuff;)

i bought every game on my pc

i am wait for doom 3, unreal 2 ,dukenukem

i dont think its ok to steal games if you play it you should buy it

just because it is easy to steal does not make it ok

you dont steal gas or food or clothes why games?

i think of it this way if i wrote the game i would want to get paid.

wouldnt you?

I am proud to say that everyone of my games was either purchashed from a store or given to me as a gift (yes, still sealed and not jacked from some shelf at Electronics Botique)