Do you buy games?

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy games?

• I get them from Warez sites, irc, and friends using cracks, etc.
    • I buy them legally

i buy games for my ps2, xbox, and gc. i buy every online game that comes out, bought wolfenstien.

bought wizardy8, pool of poop.

no more buying games after thoose though unless i need too.

I bought most Lucasarts stuff in the past Dark Forces,X-Wing,Tie-Fighter,Full Throttle..

Most of the time, I "review" the warez and when I really like the game I buy it when it becomes "whitelable" or a "reprint"..

I bought Half-Life,Homeworld,Opposing Force, Colin McCrae Rally e.a. all whitelable, or re-publishings.

Hi,

I buy most of my games. I'd be lying if I said I didn't burn some though. However, I'm sick and tired of spending upwards to 80 bucks on a game, get home and find out it is a buggy mess. So i'm all for the try before you buy idea, however, if I do like the game, then I do believe it should be bought to support the team that created it.

Fade

i only download games that i wasn't gonna buy anyway so i can try em out. and i usually play em once then never play them again. when you buy the game its like you're more attached to it for some reason and you play it more.

I only buy real copy of games if I found the game that interest me a lot. I only download games for try out...then if I like it then I'll buy the game.

i usally buy good games, when i like a particular game i will buy it.

but i had some bad experiece once, about 8 months ago i bought age of sails 2, bacause i liked the screens, i never seen a demo, so i bought. and thats possible the worst game i ever played and both in my life. so right now i'm being more carefull, i try out the game before i decide to buy it. there should be renting places to rent pc games, just like consoles

I sort of left the PC game arena for a while and now, I'm into game consoles (xbox &ps2), so I buy all my games!

The only PC games I might be buying soon (only cuase I played the earlier version) the new warcraft and heroes of might n magic

Originally posted by nekrosoft13

i usally buy good games, when i like a particular game i will buy it.

but i had some bad experiece once, about 8 months ago i bought age of sails 2, bacause i liked the screens, i never seen a demo, so i bought. and thats possible the worst game i ever played and both in my life. so right now i'm being more carefull, i try out the game before i decide to buy it. there should be renting places to rent pc games, just like consoles

There used to be such stores around. I think Jumbo Video had them and Blockbuster, etc etc... As soon as the cd burner came out they dropped they concept because how easily games could be copied.

pop it in..hit copy button..etc etc. done and done. (i have a feeling someone is going to say something about dvd ripping or copying tapes next... :roll: )

what do you think the warez sites are there for? try before you buy!

ya..everyone here on the board says they buy games legit..but look at the poll..more than 50% voted they get 'em dling:roll:

and for age of sails..what i thought was a demo..21mb..was the full game..what a peice of s***..*delete*

I bought starcraft & broodwar.

Originally posted by nekrosoft13

there should be renting places to rent pc games, just like consoles

I guess you never rented a dvd movie? :p Now think about how the disc would play after the 11 yo got mad at the game :disappoin

I buy good games... I obviously 'try' before I buy because most games aren't worth it. One example of a game I bought because I played the 'warez' version was Tribes 2... wow, what a cool game; now if only I could run it at a decent speed. Doh.

Originally posted by sedative

that is a great idea

renting pc games, its just like renting console, dvd or even vhs tapes, you can copy any of them. they should make renting pc game stores again

the last game i bought legitimately was half life.

I only buy the games that require a legit. cd-key to play online, AND are very very good.

Everything else is burned.

btw, to all you people using p2p to get warez (edonkey, kazaa, etc etc.) - there is a very high risk in doing this as some software has embedded viruses, spyware, and other junk. Try finding better sources if you can.

Call me sad but I do not actually play any games at all:S.

I have enough time to get on with my studies and my programming really. Can not find the time to do games. Just thought to share my thoughts on this as the question asks.

saying stuff like edonkey buys the game for me is bad, i mean if you like the game at least you can do is go out and buy it and support the developers

there should be renting places to rent pc games, just like consoles

there was a store still doing that near my house, but they closed. The dirty and greasy owners and the dirty and greasy nerds scared too many ppl off.

I generally buy games a year or so after they come out, I'm a patient lad and my psx/ps2/pc all have great back catalogs. The only new games I get are import ones for the psx/ps2, but I order the PAL versions of those when they come over.