Theme Problems

I installed the theme multi patcher, downloaded a couple themes, and copied them to the winnnt/resources/themes folder. They show up under appearance, but do not take effect when i press apply. The only thing that works is the background and the icons. The start menu changes do not take effect. I'm running XP SP2.

I installed the theme multi patcher, downloaded a couple themes, and copied them to the winnnt/resources/themes folder. They show up under appearance, but do not take effect when i press apply. The only thing that works is the background and the icons. The start menu changes do not take effect. I'm running XP SP2.

yes

Did not do it in safe mode, and no matter how many times I disable it or enable it, and then try to switch themes, I always get the same error message: Run a DLL as an app has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Yeah, somethings up. I installed SP2 on a clean xp install and running uxtheme patcher doesn't do anything. I've never had any problems with it before. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next version of uxtheme patcher to be released.

I never got any error. I would click the .msstyle file, and the appearance dialog would pop up. It would show the default windows settings.

I'll try to run in safe mode when i get back later today.

I went to all of the different threads and nothing seemed to be working for me. What ended up working was finding a friend or someone who had the same windows build as me to just send me over their uxtheme.dll file. Of course using the replacer program to do so, restarting and all was fine.

This is shown on many different threads so I don't want to take credit for it, but to find your windows build...

1. open up run

2. Type in cmd to open up a command prompt

3. type "winver" without the quotations.

The replacer is found here... http://www3.telus.net/_/replacer

If anyone needs the uxtheme.dll from Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 : Service Pack 2 PM me and we'll try to get you set up.