AutoStreamer 1.0.33

driver07: you could use the recovery partition providing there's an installation share in there... look for a folder which contains I386 subfolder etc. You can also try the CDs. if AutoStreamer detects it, i guess you can carry out the procedure.

rrtn: no, AutoStreamer was not tested on 64-bit platforms. That would require someone with 64-bit XP to test it.

Yikes, double post! To answer your question: I could, but at this time, it's very hard to even consider it, mainly because I would have to find people with Office so they can test it.

Yikes, double post! To answer your question: I could, but at this time, it's very hard to even consider it, mainly because I would have to find people with Office so they can test it.

584876260[/snapback]

Hey Raptor,

If you do descide to do office I can test 2000 and 2003 probably XP ad well.

Cheers,

PleXeR

I guess AutoPatcher is not the only famous app now, look at what I found ;)

UK magazine PC Extreme, issue 20, page 89...

584904054[/snapback]

Congrats Raptor (Y)

Hi, I just DL'd AS 1.0.30 (Full), and have never had a version before this. Running the executable returns the following:

Run-time error '372':

Failed to load control 'CommonDialog' from Comdlg32.ocx. Your version of Comdlg32.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

Hmm do I need something else to make this work? This is running on XPSP2. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I just DL'd AS 1.0.30 (Full), and have never had a version before this.  Running the executable returns the following:

Run-time error '372':

Failed to load control 'CommonDialog' from Comdlg32.ocx.  Your version of Comdlg32.ocx may be outdated.  Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

Hmm do I need something else to make this work?  This is running on XPSP2.  Thanks in advance.

584943856[/snapback]

Download the following file in the AutoStreamer folder:

http://neowin.hurmoth.com/content/index.ph...&catid=71&id=29

Then click Start>>Run and type regsvr32 File location\COMDLG32.OCX then click "OK".

Did you download the Installer version or the .zip version?

Example:

If you downloaded the installer version of AutoStreamer, then you would download this file to C:\Program Files\AutoStreamer\. Then go to Start>>Run and type regsvr32 C:\Program Files\AutoStreamer\COMDLG32.OCX and click "OK". A message should popup telling you the you successfully registered the OCX file and then try to run AutoStreamer again.

Edited by Hurmoth

Quick little question. I used Auto Patcher from the 1st page of this topic.

It done its thing. Created the .ISO

Burned using Nero (Disk At Once) That completed, no problem.

Rebooted, just to see if the CD will work on Boot from CD. But nope.

Kinda seems like the boot loader got missed out or something. Any 1 willing to shed light?

Quick little question. I used Auto Patcher from the 1st page of this topic.

It done its thing. Created the .ISO

Burned using Nero (Disk At Once)  That completed, no problem.

Rebooted, just to see if the CD will work on Boot from CD. But nope.

Kinda seems like the boot loader got missed out or something. Any 1 willing to shed light?

584981496[/snapback]

AutoPatcher or AutoStreamer? AutoPatcher just patches Windows 2000 or Windows XP systems. AutoStreamer slipstreams service packs into a Windows share.

[EDIT] Do you have your BIOS set to boot from CD?

Swiftie, what does the cd contents list? Not a .iso file i hope... You must burn the ISO file. (i.e open nero, recorder -> burn image, and select the iso!)

Swiftie, what does the cd contents list? Not a .iso file i hope... You must burn the ISO file. (i.e open nero, recorder -> burn image, and select the iso!)

584981954[/snapback]

Yep, done that. Burnt image. CD contests lists 5 folders, 7 files.

When burning in Nero. Would it really matter wether I select Dick-at-once or Disk-at-once/96

Because I used Dick-at-once :cool:

DAO (Disk-At-Once) should do. Now check the boot priority in your BIOS. CD should be the frist device to boot from. If you are unfamiliar with the system BIOS, read the motherboard's manual to check how to access that specific option.

AutoPatcher or AutoStreamer? AutoPatcher just patches Windows 2000 or Windows XP systems. AutoStreamer slipstreams service packs into a Windows share.

[EDIT] Do you have your BIOS set to boot from CD?

584981906[/snapback]

Ooopzzz. Meant AutoStreamer, been reading up on the AutoPatcher activity and that's what was stuck in my head. :blush: & yes I have the BIOS configured to boot from CD 1st.

DAO (Disk-At-Once) should do. Now check the boot priority in your BIOS. CD should be the frist device to boot from. If you are unfamiliar with the system BIOS, read the motherboard's manual to check how to access that specific option.

584982151[/snapback]

BIOS been like that since I built the system :cool: But I've double checked anyway and nothing has changed. I think its the CD-R I used thats f*cked because if I try it on the laptop. I can see the "Press to boot from CD msg" but pressing a button just freezes everything and remains on the POST screen.

Going to try burnin a new CD-RW to save myself on some disks and test again. Will let you know if it was just a CD error when I return ;)

Couldnt EDIT but would just like to say that it was a CD-R problem.

Using a CD-RW to burn the ISO image worked all flawlessly.

So looks like its dodgy CD-R's & hope they dont all end being coasters :angry:

Thanx to all who tried to help. & specially nw_raptor for the creation :)

Hi

I have been reading the board and have seen that Dell XP Pro can not be used for slipstreaming without "Cleaning up".

Can anyone tell where to start please as I have slipstreamed my XP Home edition and would like to Slipstream Pro As well. :D

Thanks.

Has anyone seen this problem? I installed Autostreamer via the installer version. When I launch it It starts the windows installer fot Roxio EMC 7, why? If I hit the cancel button on the installer 3 or 4 times Autostreamer starts & runs fine. It does this on 2 of my desktops but not on my laptop. I do have Roxio EMC 7 installed on the machines in question. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Len

why not have auto streamer fix cds w/ updates folder? its real easy...well this works with OEM cds...(tested on a Dell OEM...but the way this is done is standard, so any OEM with hotfixes this should work on)

1)go into I386

2)Delete SVCPACK Directory

3)Delete SVCPACK DL File

4)Delete SVCPACK.Inf file

5)Copy my two files to your i386 folder ( SVCPACK.DL_ and SVCPACK.IN_ )

6)Continue slipstream as normal

7)Burn!!!

--

SkyyPunk

OEM_SlipStream.zip