Photo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Evolution

Evolution

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 April 2002 - 01:44

Could anyone tell what is the better setting, programs or background services for a game & power user machine?

BTW if anyone is aware of any sites that can tell me what services I can disable, I would appreciate it? Thanks

#2 MxxCon

MxxCon

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 April 2002 - 05:37

obvoiusly program scheduling is better.

http://www.blkviper..../servicecfg.htm

don't over-do w/ services..you'll start to have some subtile problems and won't realise it's becuase of some service :)

#3 vetTim Dorr

Tim Dorr

-1^0.5 of 53

Posted 13 April 2002 - 05:54

well, unless you're running a service and you want it to have priority over certain programs on the computer, set it in program mode. you'll notice things being more responsive...

#4 vetEmuZombie

EmuZombie

Whoops!

Posted 13 April 2002 - 06:03

never ever ever ever ever set it to background services... your normal applications will run so %^$%^ slow it'll be like you're on a 386.

As for system cache, switch to that, you'll gain alot better proformance

#5 OP Evolution

Evolution

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 April 2002 - 16:17

Ok thanks :), timdorr about priorities, say I am running a game such as JK2, could I set the priorities of the program up one more notch without any harm to the system and would I notice any improvements?

btw I have my processor scheduling set for programs and my memory usage set for system cache.

#6 vetTim Dorr

Tim Dorr

-1^0.5 of 53

Posted 13 April 2002 - 16:24

you probably won't notice too much of a difference, so it's kinda more work than it's worth to up the proccess priority.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!