Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lexcyn

[DVD Cover] Half-Life 2

103 posts in this topic

ACID: its not that they think he will put them out of a job, but that people may think the cover was made by Valve. Which is a valid concern. People trademark logos for a reason, so when other people see the logo, they know who made it.. the company gets known this way. If anyone could use their logo.. it really wouldn't represent the company anymore would it?

yep.. who remembers when the hl2 leak was being sold in some store in russia. that had a fake cover.

yep.. who remembers when the hl2 leak was being sold in some store in russia. that had a fake cover.

oh yeah? no one knew that

[/sarcasm]

:p

Damn rock on! But one question, is steam just a downloading thing? Thanks man, kick ass covers! :punk:

You're kidding, right? Is he afraid you'll put him out of a job?

You're not selling it and trying to make a replica (or new design). Some people are just SILLY.

Edit- They should be more concerned with releasing the game anyways.

Well, I don't really blame them. They just don't want it to look like it's the official cover or anything. But oh well, I was happy to do another version. I think this one looks somewhat better, though. :)

devinlamothe: As a fan of your past work (come on we grew up together throughout high-school), I would just like to congratulate you on your latest copy infring.....err.....artwork. Very well done. I never thought you would be able to do something this beautiful (ok I lied....some of your other stuff is just as nice....like Too Far North's original website design).

Anyways, congrats on your work man. Maybe you should drop Networking and try graphic design (or both). Maybe ask Valve up for a job *cough cough*.

Heh this just makes me want a game to put in it.... Maybe even half life 2... :s

Nice, if you need to host the updated ones in high quality email me -> karmapolice @ kemazon.com

EDIT:

LOL I didnt see the date, mirror:

Label

Case

Edited by karma_police

Nice...how about one that says "Half 1 and CS: Source Included"?

they look really good, great job

Nice...how about one that says "Half 1 and CS: Source Included"?

Sure :) I have a midterm tomorrow afternoon, so I'll start after I'm done. :yes:

professional looking, nice work (Y)

Thanks guys! :)

I was thinking of making a seperate case for Half-Life:Source, and adding CounterStrike:Source to my Half-Life 2 case... idea's? Comments? :yes:

just what i was after thanks!

Thanks guys! :)

I was thinking of making a seperate case for Half-Life:Source, and adding CounterStrike:Source to my Half-Life 2 case... idea's? Comments? :yes:

Yeah dude :)

Just one bit of crit on the ones u have already made...I printed the CD label on a printable CD, and the Logos are a bit small. Maybe increase the logos sizes?

Yeah dude :)

Just one bit of crit on the ones u have already made...I printed the CD label on a printable CD, and the Logos are a bit small. Maybe increase the logos sizes?

Sure! I never actually tried it myself, so I wouldn't know... lol. I'll re-upload the new one sometime later today. :)

Ill be printing those out :whistle:

Yeah someone needs to grow up.....at least you could have made your own cover from scratch instead of abusing Devin's.

thx man

Yeah someone needs to grow up.....at least you could have made your own cover from scratch instead of abusing Devin's.

Yeah, I have to agree. But hey, CS:Source is out today! Whoo!!! :D

do you think you can make a set of cd labels numbered from like 1 to 6 and take off the dvd logo?

sorry if i'm being too picky, i just think that would look good for my use. thanks :D

do you think you can make a set of cd labels numbered from like 1 to 6 and take off the dvd logo?

sorry if i'm being too picky, i just think that would look good for my use. thanks :D

584719953[/snapback]

Sure, no problem! :)