Counter Cheat ever be fixed?

I know that half life is one of the most popular games ever. I was just wondering if they have plans or even thought about plans to get rid of the cheating in it. I find this to be overly used and especially with so many people useing it now. I admit I used it for about a week, and I must say, you it once and u can easily tell from then on who is cheating and who is not just by the way they play. Couldn't half life somehow make something in the game or having somethign in the servers to compare the files being used ot pla the game with one on the servers or something. I know they have tons of stuff out now, but none of it works :(

i don't think half-life will ever be cheat free. i'm no programmer, but i'd guess that it never took into consideration "cheat prevention". i think they would have to recode the whole thing with that in mind, and even then, who knows what people will come up with.

i haven't been following the online gaming scene as much lately, but how is cheating in some of the newer games? rtcw, dod, ss2, avp2?

Cheating sucks big time in Counter-Strike. I tend to go in servers with programs such as Cheating-Death and CSGuard running as it does cut out a lot of the cheats. Seriously I dont see the point in cheating though. It's a pain in the arse. :roll:

The new CS version that is coming out next week will have a new cheat prevention programmed into it so we shall see how that does. I like how some of the newer games specifically OFP prevents a lot of people from cheating. It scans all of the cfg files in the ofp directory and probably other things and then announces to the server when someone has a modified config file, what they modified, then boots them. So back to the topic, hopefully this new cheat prevention measure will cut out all of the cheats or at least most of them.

I don't think cheating can be completely rid of. Maybe try other methods, so the people won't "want" to cheat anymore?

Like if the server detects person 'A' cheating, instead of booting, change the person's ability. Maybe like slow his ass down so much, or shoot 1 bullet every 3 seconds, etc. You get the idea. Then the person won't want to cheat no more.

But that's assuming the cheat is detected. :/

cheating should only be used if ur playing by ur self but multiplayer come on that is lame. most peopel do it jsut to get their stats up/

My friend uses CS cheats too and he's enjoying it. I have to say that cheat is not the "gentleman's way" of playing game. Some gamers don't like cheats because it will ruin entire game and they might lose apetite of playing game.

For myself, no I don't use cheats. Simply a child's play I have to say :D

now i'll use cheats in single player games when i'm bored just cause i think its funny that i can not get killed and i can walk through walls and all i just think its cool but multiplayer games hell no i don't know why serria doesn't do anything about the cheating.

I so hope the new thing they are releasing will ban your WONID permanently on every server that runs that version of CS. That way they would never be able to cheat again on any server again!

All you CS fans out there (and HL, TFC, DOD...etc)

There is a way to stop these cheaters. As you have heard, 1.4 will be comming out in a while and it will have something none of the versions in CS/HL had before which can reduce and maybe even stop cheating for good in Counter Strike.

THE FIRST PERSON CAMERA VIEW. :cool:

all of you who have played the 1.4 beta can see the advantages of that particualr camera view.

When you die, insted of just watching the players in 3rd person view, you can soon waitch them in 1st.: See what they see, and aim at what they are aiming at.

now in my oppinion, i believe this can uncover the cheaters in Counter Strike in a SECOND!!

:D

I don't really think the camera views can stop cheaters, but I do see what you mean. If you use the first person view you can see what they are doing such as looking at a wall with the wall hack, etc.

Does anyone remember the video where this CS cheater gets their computer thrown out and totaled? If so, maybe you should threaten the same consequence if they are caught cheating... nobody wants to lose their computer like the guy in the video did... :p

The first person view will not only show them lookin at the wall....but if you ever had a hack / cheat installed you know that there is something called an aimbot which aims for you and does not let your corsshair leave the target...

with the new camera view, you will be able to see that and therefore be 100% sure the person is cheating.

I dont know about you, but I dont know / I havent see anyone who can follow the every milimeter movement of the enemy like that...so id say its safe to say it will do something about hackers / cheaters;)

OH!!!

and yes i did see that video of the guy and his comp....but I actually felt preatty bad for that kid....lol :ermm:

even though he was a cheater.....no one deserves that:dead:

a computer is a very expensive piece of machinery..so take care of em...! :lick:

Originally posted by Kompressor

OH!!!

and yes i did see that video of the guy and his comp....but I actually felt preatty bad for that kid....lol :ermm:

even though he was a cheater.....no one deserves that:dead:

a computer is a very expensive piece of machinery..so take care of em...! :lick:

dude, that was faked. It was like a 486 pos and they obviously wouldn't do that to a kid....

WOW!

you know what... I just went to a well known hacks/cheats site for all multiplayer games including of course CS, and GUESS WHAT!!....LOL.......they have CS 1.4 cheats already!!!!!!

:o

WHAT THE....

well I guess there goes my theory!

man this sux....its not even out yet and there hax/cheats already out there for it....man...:s

OH and CS 1.4 will be comming out in a week so keep your eyes open!:cross:

Originally posted by timdorr

dude, that was faked. It was like a 486 pos and they obviously wouldn't do that to a kid....

where can I see this video?

you can watch it at Fileplanet.com

just search for it....something like cs cheaters or something like that but thats where I downloaded it at fileplanet

:D enjoy

anyone can download the beta "STEAM" app which is what will be used to release CS 1.4. go to www.steampowered.com to d/l the files. for those that play cs, i recommend getting it now instead of waiting til later this week when it's released and everyone is fighting over bandwith. when you get STEAM installed, you will need to subscribe to CS and the initial download is pretty big, but it's best to get that part out of the way before it goes public. if you get the beta now, then the final version of 1.4 will automatically be downloaded when released and will be alot quicker than trying to get it all at once. and don't worry 1.4 beta will install into a different directory than you current 1.3 so you'll be able to play both...... l8rs