Photo

[VS] Luster

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 imtoomuch

imtoomuch

I wanna ride, I wanna ride, I wanna ride...

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:54

Nice, clean, and "safe". Nothing too original, but then again what is original anymore.

#17 dividebyzero

dividebyzero

Neowinian

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:06

Wow - MikeB314 continues to impress me! Check out his Multipass Carbon skin, which is an adaptation of R Peter Clark's multipass Winamp 5 skin. Outstanding AND original. Back to this skin tho... it's great for everyday use... my only complaint is the seperator lines... they really spoil the whole look and actually hinder my navigation. The normal seperators are actually a good visual clue that seem to of really helped me, and now that EVERYTHING has seperators, I'm battling to navigate menus :(. People have commented on this on Wincustomize as well. Knowing MikeB314, he'll probably issue an update. Gimme MORE!

This is such a great time for WB... we're seeing more and more great, usable, feature reach skins. Kudo's to everyone!

#18 mulder

mulder

Neowinian

Posted 25 October 2004 - 15:49

Thanks bangbang023 for the link, i had missed this one at wincustomize. Great theme and very useable . Actually , this is the only skin with seperators where i actually like the seperators :p

#19 Redestium

Redestium

Crucible

Posted 26 October 2004 - 00:14

Wow - MikeB314 continues to impress me! Check out his Multipass Carbon skin, which is an adaptation of R Peter Clark's multipass Winamp 5 skin. Outstanding AND original. Back to this skin tho... it's great for everyday use... my only complaint is the seperator lines... they really spoil the whole look and actually hinder my navigation. The normal seperators are actually a good visual clue that seem to of really helped me, and now that EVERYTHING has seperators, I'm battling to navigate menus :(. People have commented on this on Wincustomize as well. Knowing MikeB314, he'll probably issue an update. Gimme MORE!

This is such a great time for WB... we're seeing more and more great, usable, feature reach skins. Kudo's to everyone!

View Post

I hope he does.

#20 dividebyzero

dividebyzero

Neowinian

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:55

Heads up! MikeB314 has updated the skin to remove the item seperator's... I now pronounce this skin: "Untouchable"!

#21 Redestium

Redestium

Crucible

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:03

Heads up! MikeB314 has updated the skin to remove the item seperator's... I now pronounce this skin: "Untouchable"!

View Post

That's great news! :D

#22 MikeB314

MikeB314

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 27 October 2004 - 15:27

View Post

Thanks for the comments, guys. :) I also fixed the margins on those quicklaunch buttons, and a couple of other things. I added the often requested compact start menu too, as a sub-skin.

The highlighted text color is black on black with the classic start menu, as some have noted. It seems to suffer from the same problem that the favorites menu does. If I can find a way to make it obey the white text color I defined, I'll surely update it again.

#23 ev0|

ev0|

Semi-retired from Neowin

Posted 09 November 2004 - 23:14

Uh, this skin is hot, and it just goes to show you that there are plenty of WindowBlinds skins out there that are awesome looking. This skin is also fast, which cannot be said about many skins.

Check out these cursors for cursor xp too, they match perfectly :

http://www.wincustom...y=25&SkinID=683

AWWWWW YEAH !

#24 caerma

caerma

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 November 2004 - 13:55

good job of MikeB314...

#25 aam

aam

Canadian EH

Posted 15 November 2004 - 23:39

nice... i waonder if there is a compact vesion with it.. compact start menus r better..

#26 hornett

hornett

Cult-leader

Posted 15 November 2004 - 23:45

One of the best looking themes I've ever seen. Not the most innovative, but so consistent.

#27 Bench

Bench

Neowinian

Posted 29 November 2004 - 08:58

That is really nice, i use it on my new desk. Here is my Desk

#28 golazo

golazo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:10

thanks for the link bangbang i love this theme now i just gotta install wb :p

#29 Redestium

Redestium

Crucible

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:18

That is really nice, i use it on my new desk. Here is my Desk

View Post

Don't bump old topics.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!