Are you Chinese?

79 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Chinese?

• yes
    • no

Nope, I am Persian. So you guys have words instead of alphabets? in Chinese language I mean... is it right?

Edited: BTW Your president is currently visiting Tehran.

I am Chineese here, but I was born in Watford, but my parents are of Eastern origin. I am 16 and I am still living in Watford. I can hardly read or write or speack Cantanese really.

So you guys have words instead of alphabets

Each chinese character is a word that has meaning associated and can be used by its own or combine with other characters to form new 'words'..

not chinese but, I can read, write and speak it.

bdpmax, where in Beijing are you from. I use to hang out there quite a bit when I lived in China. Most of the time I was in Shandong or Shanghai

Originally posted by ToastGodSupreme

I need to get back into Kanji... I never finished learning all of it...

Anywho... Heh.

There are very few people even in Japan who know every single kanji (over 2,000) :dead:

i'm timdorr.....

actually, i have no clue what I am, but I'm 99% sure it's not chinese...however I would like to learn japanese at some point in my life. I want to play import games :D :D :D

100% chinkdified

can speak and understand it wayyyy better than anyone

i was born in australia

but the only thing is i cant read or write it

thats it

Doubt there'd be many people living in China browsing Neowin. For a start, they don't have many Internet users (as a percentage of their population). Then there's the whole different language thing. :D

bdpmax, I'd say your one of a select group. :)

they don't have many Internet users (as a percentage of their population).

I disagree too. Computers and internet are wildly popular in urban areas (eg. Shanghai) Hardwares are very cheap and softwares are at virtually no cost (you know what i mean..) Even though the internet penetration rate as a whole is probably just a few percent of the China population, it still makes up more people than many other countries in the world.

Originally posted by eSouL

I disagree too. Computers and internet are wildly popular in urban areas (eg. Shanghai) Hardwares are very cheap and softwares are at virtually no cost (you know what i mean..) Even though the internet penetration rate as a whole is probably just a few percent of the China population, it still makes up more people than many other countries in the world.

Very true, but I said it was a small proportion of their population - not a small amount. ;)

If anyone's interested.

http://www.nua.net/surveys/how_many_online/index.html