We got Slashdotified!

actually slashdot didn't do the copy and paste job, that would've been done by the person who submitted the news ...

584821269[/snapback]

... but it still got posted. Someone at Slashdot had to approve the submission

Slasdotted means when you get so many people too view a website and it goes down that is the slasdot effect.

Right... but we are the word for word source for the info on the site.

Being Slashdotted is the act of your server being under strain as a result of being sourced on Slashdot, not the mere fact that it's on there in itself.

584821324[/snapback]

We got "Slashdotified" then... :happy:

I just had an argument with a guy here at work that said Neowin was slow with it's newsposting. *shakes head in disgust* He said Mozillazine was faster :rolleyes:

Wave,Oct 28 2004, 09:47]I just had an argument with a guy here at work that said Neowin was slow with it's newsposting.  *shakes head in disgust*  He said Mozillazine was faster :rolleyes:

584821365[/snapback]

We had it up within 4 minutes of it being posted on the FTP. I checked the MozillaZine builds forum, and no one posted anything till well after we had announced it. (Y)

All I have to say is I'm here way more then I ever was on that site.. I like it still and look at it sometimes, but this is where I always go first. Good work Neowin!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...