Xbox or not?

With the price cuts, I'm seriously considering buying a Xbox.

Normally the price is 299?, but what do I have to buy with the Xbox to play a game?

-> controller?

-> memory cards?

-> cables?

-> a gam:D:D

And also, Microsoft sliced to prices of Xbox because Xbox wasn't sold good. Could Xbox go the same way as DreamCast?

you get in the box :

xbox console

controler

av cable

Powercable

You dont need much else apart from games ...

and a 2nd controler for 2 player games.

and mabie a DvD remote if your planning on playing DvD's

Pure scart cable would be good for picture if you have a nice TV

apart from that you dont need a mem card. coz of the hdd

My tips for games are halo, doa3 and jet set radio future, but people like different games so go and try some out at your local shop ! :)

Hope its some help

Originally posted by daveS

you get in the box :

xbox console

controler

av cable

Powercable

You dont need much else apart from games ...

and a 2nd controler for 2 player games.

and mabie a DvD remote if your planning on playing DvD's

Pure scart cable would be good for picture if you have a nice TV

apart from that you dont need a mem card. coz of the hdd

My tips for games are halo, doa3 and jet set radio future, but people like different games so go and try some out at your local shop ! :)

Hope its some help

Yeah, I'm definitely going to buy Halo.

2 new questions :)

-> why do you need to buy a memory card if your box already has a hd?

-> Pure Scart Cable? what will be changed? don't get it

i dunno why you would need a mem card if you've got a hdd. but it must be for transfering game saves

and pure scart cable will give you a better picture.

Im from the UK and we have a AV/scart combie cable which is ok and fine for most TV but if you've got a nice BIG tv it will give you a better picture ... ill find a piccy of the cable and post it later for you

I am planning on getting an Xbox when the American Prices Drop. I know we get them cheaper then everyone in Europe, but what do you expect from Microsoft.

I am going to try and get my little palms on Obi-Wan. Probably get some Halo. Not to sure about everything else!!!

1. Well KnifeFace, Microsoft has a great plan for home entertainment systems, and XBox is just a first step towards it. Thus Microsoft has to keep XBox up and running at all costs and by all means necessory! Because if XBox fails no one will even look at their future projects, thus DreamCast way is not for XBox!

2. Memory card you use if you are going to your friend's house and you want to start where you left off, and not go through again (I don't see why I need one, and you probably don't need it too)

3. A second controller would be nice if you are planning to have friends over ;-)

4. People said about those pure scan cables or something. Make sure first that your TV can handle them, no reason to spend cash on cable if your TV incapable of producing a better image (this is what happens to me, so I just go with the cable in the box)

5. And yeah after Halo, and Oddworld, the best games are to be announced soon... hold on!

Originally posted by Blackcloud

dont buy an X-BOX... i rented one for 5 days and thought it was horrible... get a PS2.. thats what i would do atleast.. but why when you have a computer?..

I have a Athlon XP 1800 + with GeForce Ti 2

But the problem is: the best games only come out on the consoles :dead: can't do anything about it. So, me gets a console. Console are winning the war

Originally posted by twist  

get an emulator.

there is an xbox one in delevopment already.

no, it's not. it's a fake april fools joke...

and we won't see a WORKING emulator for years..

a dreamcast one is just now getting the demo-running stage, the ps2 does some cpu stuff, but nothing working...

Some people are so short-sighted. (*sigh*)

If you want the best this very minute, get a PS2.....for one reason - the amount of games.

By Christmas of this year, the PS2 is going to look pretty weak compared to the Xbox. I read a review from the product manager of XBOX and he was qouted as saying that Halo only uses about 45% of the power of the Xbox and games coming out this Christmas will be using more and it will heads about Halo.

You can't beat the pure power of the Xbox, game companies are going start to take advantage of the power that the PS2 offers.

Besides the PS2 game controllers suck compared to Xbox.

By the way, I head Microsoft is in the works to be the exclusive console for Quake 4....

Originally posted by robinmthomas  

Some people are so short-sighted. (*sigh*)

If you want the best this very minute, get a PS2.....for one reason - the amount of games.

By Christmas of this year, the PS2 is going to look pretty weak compared to the Xbox.  I read a review from the product manager of XBOX and he was qouted as saying that Halo only uses about 45% of the power of the Xbox and games coming out this Christmas will be using more and it will heads about Halo.

You can't beat the pure power of the Xbox, game companies are going start to take advantage of the power that the PS2 offers.

Besides the PS2 game controllers suck compared to Xbox.

By the way, I head Microsoft is in the works to be the exclusive console for Quake 4....

Yeah I know: my list for Xbox is now:

-> Halo (Exclussive)

-> Munch Odyssey (Exclussive)

-> Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (also other consoles, but not PC)

-> Quake 4 (Exclussive)

Mircosoft is trying to make all the good games exclussive to Xbox.

I hated them for doing that, but since I'm most likely going to buy a Xbox, YEAH microsoft rules :D

There's no way MS will get companies to do that many good xbox only games....especially when the xbox is doing so badly in sales.

I'd do ps2 in a second. Game developers haven't touched ps2's potential yet. They are getting the difficult programming down, so expect even better stuff to come out.

Yeah Halo pretty much sucks as a game. Yes it has great graphics (as most xbox games do), but who cares about graphics. Halo has some bad gameplay, as do a lot of the current xbox games. Unless they start getting games that have decent gameplay, xbox will get less support from MS and game developers. XBOX has been out quite a while now, and we are still waiting for good games. All the xbox fans say "just give the xbox more time...it just came out" If they haven't produced anything yet, quality games will be few and far in between.

Halo, GunValkyre, DOA3, SSX Tricky, all quality games! i just wish i had the time to play these games.. i somehow don't have time for anything anymore :disappoin

Really? If Halo is so bad, was is it the Game of the year (http://www.pcvsconsole.com/news/story/1220.html) and was it the fastest selling game ever with over a million copies already sold (http://australia.internet.com/r/article/js...icked=hottopics).

Game developers hate PS2 because it requires proprietery development kits, whereas, XBOX uses DirectX, which everyone agrees is much easier than PS2.

Be serious. How can you compare the power of a PS2 to an Xbox?

Just wait and see....this Christmas....PS2 are going to be selling for 25cents on ebay.

Originally posted by robinmthomas  

Game developers hate PS2 because it requires proprietery development kits, whereas, XBOX uses DirectX, which everyone agrees is much easier than PS2.

Be serious.  How can you compare the power of a PS2 to an Xbox?

Just wait and see....this Christmas....PS2 are going to be selling for 25cents on ebay.

Obviously this doesn't matter to anyone or else the X-Box sales would be up y'know? DirectX or not, developers will develope for the system that provides the most income and/or demand. I still think the X-Box has yet to deliver anything to make me buy the damn rip-off-thing yet. I mean, c'mon.. $300 for squat. Atleast I can say I bought something else that was $300.. which has much more that came out of the box. :)

Oh wait....sorry...I thought the PS2 was selling for $299 until the xbox hit and they had to lower the price to stay in the game.

What will happen to PS2 if XBOX lowers its price? Can the PS2 go any lower?

So Halo sold a ton of copies. Whoop dee do. WindowsMe sold a ton of copies too...

Any organization is going to give the game of the year to a high selling game. That's how it works. Look at the move awards shows. They give the awards to the movies that get the most hype...not to the best movie.

Halo sold a lot because "it looks pretty" and it was by far the most hyped game. The game is the same thing every time you play it...everything spawns in the same place.

Xbox isn't a good multiplayer system...N64 is.

EDIT: Game developers don't hate the ps2. If they did, they wouldn't be turning out great games. It's just harder to make stuff for. I really don't think we've seen anything yet for ps2 games. Games will be getting a ton better once the developers get a hang of things more.

I dunno what everyones got against the Xbox. Ive got one (fair enough it cost me about ?435 in total - which was pretty soar) and a PS2 and a high spec PC and the Xbox has the smoothest thing Ive seen.

I was totally blown away by Halo and although it dragged its heels in the middle, its by far the best FPS Ive played.

OK, it looks like a brick and sounds like a jumpjet powering up on startup but its so fast, really smooth, and solid and Im sure MS will secure loads of really nice titles for it.

I think the Xbox will become the console to have 4th quarter.