[IPB] Biggest Bot List Ever v5.0.1 Released!

Question

After neglecting the bot lists for over a year, I have taken it upon myself to rebuild the lists from scratch. This has led to the creation of 5.0.0. Many new bots have been added, with some removed as well. Also, a new technique for IDing bots has been implemented allowing one ID on the list to catch dozens or more bots IDs from the same site.

I've created a new site dedicated for all this bot-goodness which can be found at IPBots.info!

On the site you will find current download links, changelogs, and everything you need!

I've only had time to finish the Biggest Bot List, but others will be coming soon!

If you really do love my work, please consider making a small (or large!) donation with the link on the homepage.

>> Get what you need now at IPBots.info <<

Edited by Fred Derf

Bot/Spider List 4.0.0 Released! Whats new?

• 5 New bot lists.
  • 150 Dead bots removed.
  • 18 Bot entries beginning with "Mozilla" have been removed due to issues with the list logging members as bots.
  • 27 Updated bots (mostly campitilaztion errors.)
  • Changed list name.

The removal of (exactly) 150 dead bots should speed up the board - although you probably won't notice it.

All lists are now avaliable in .docx format.

It's quite an amazing format! Reduced the size of the .doc Bot List from 92KB to 25KB. It's even smaller than the .rtf format sitting at 46KB.

Enjoy! :D

Hey cooldude.

I was wondering if I could post a link to this guide in my Complete IPB Guide topic?

Thanks,

SadJoker

if i add the Spider List is this will archive my site in the search engines ?

No.

Any updates coming?

Yes. (see below)

Hey cooldude.

I was wondering if I could post a link to this guide in my Complete IPB Guide topic?

Thanks,

SadJoker

Sure, but please give credit.

Is this still alive?

Yes!

I've just started work on version 5.0.0. Going to add a BUNCH of new bots, remove dead ones, make a "Most Common" list for those who don't want all the extra tracking, and make the document prettier!

Thanks Fred!

This is my first time posting this here at IPSBeyond, but many of you probably know about this from other sites like Invisionize or the official IPS forums.

After neglecting the bot lists for over a year, I have taken it upon myself to rebuild the lists from scratch. This has led to the creation of 5.0.0. Many new bots have been added, with some removed as well. Also, a new technique for IDing bots has been implemented allowing one ID on the list to catch dozens or more bots IDs from the same site.

I've created a new site dedicated for all this bot-goodness which can be found at IPBots.info!

On the site you will find current download links, changelogs, and everything you need!

I've only had time to finish the Biggest Bot List, but others will be coming soon!

If you really do love my work, please consider making a small (or large!) donation with the link on the homepage.

>> Get what you need now at IPBots.info << :thumbs:

Before you use this list, I strongly recommend you run the following command on your IPB install:

TRUNCATE TABLE `ibf_spider_logs`

This will empty your bot logs and will remove old logs and remove some empty tables you will likely have as a result of many bot entries being removed.

Within 10 seconds of me running this command, my board was already logging 25+ new spider hits.

Again - this is highly recommended!

I've drafted up a list of popular bots that seem to visit often and search engines that people use often.

Get it at http://ipbots.info/download.htm - only .doc and .docx are available atm.

Please let me know here if you feel anything should be added or taken off. The list will be final later this week if no one has anything to say.

Biggest Bot List 5.0.1 has been released!

• Changes:
  • 9 New bots have been added

Simply download the list from ipbots.info and grab the changes off the first page if you are already using 5.0.0!

Biggest Bot List 5.0.2 has been released!

• Changes:

Simply download the list from ipbots.info and grab the changes off the first page if you are already using 5.0.1!

Biggest Bot List 5.0.3 has been released!

• Changes:

Simply download the list from ipbots.info and grab the changes off the first page if you are already using 5.0.2!

Core Bot List 1.0.1 has been released!

• Changes:
  • Fixed typo in Gsa-Crawler entry. (Thanks NetPanther!)

Simply download the list from ipbots.info and grab the changes off the first page if you are already using 1.0.0!

(Can a mod please change the 5.0.1 in the title to 5.0.3?)

5.0.4 has been released. The only difference is the Ack entry has been removed due to it causing legitimate guests to be treated as bots if they had the ImageShack toolbar installed.

Get it at ipbots.info

Biggest Bot List 5.0.5 has been released!

• Changes:
  • Fixed Accoona typo (thanks Axel Wers!)
  • Removed duplicate entry of eBot (thanks Axel Wers!)
  • 4 New bots (thanks to GreasyTech for 2 contributions!)

Simply download the list from ipbots.info and grab the new list!

(You are invited to say "thanks!" if you like this!)

Biggest Bot List 5.0.5 has been released!

(You are invited to say "thanks!" if you like this!)