Photo

Any good Sound Schemes for Windows?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#16 PureLogic

PureLogic

Aqua Cool!

Posted 03 August 2005 - 22:43

The samsung sound delivered with Africas Longhorn pack are very good...

View Post

Where can I download that?

#17 Beastage

Beastage

vroooooooom!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:36

Why people disable sounds? I like them, cept when music is on high volume and you get the scary error beep

#18 Angel Blue01

Angel Blue01

Neowinian/Star Wars freak

Posted 05 August 2005 - 15:07

Why doesn't MS care about sounds and cursors? They're part of the user experience too.

I liek the old KDE startup sound.

#19 RockmanNeo

RockmanNeo

Neowinian

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:22

Sorry of the bump.. but anymore of sound schemes guys?

#20 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:58

Wow, it's been two years. I've already gone tired of Borealis. :p

Here's another scheme: A Vista-esque sound scheme.

For some excellent startup sounds (that sound scheme's "siren" lady is a bit over the top):

I pulled the sounds that I liked out of the linux distro of ubuntu. I just love the startup sound.

... the startup sound for Ubuntu 6 is a great one. Also check out the UbuntuSounds wiki for some excellent samples that serve well as startup sounds. (Try sample number 3.)

IMO, sound schemes are a part of PC customization that has been seriously neglected. There's too few sound schemes, and many of them except a handful are way too obnoxious and distracting. (It's funny to hear Homer scream DOH! when a program crashes the first time. Afterwards it gets to be annoying.)

Edited by rm20010, 02 July 2007 - 06:05.

#21 almir984

almir984

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 21 July 2008 - 16:17

Hi, I am fed up with the standard sound scheme in Windows XP and wondered, if anyone has found any good sound schemes for Windows anywhere? I am not looking for movie/cartoon sounds etc., but computer related event sounds (like mac sounds).

I did a search on Google and I found zip.

Anyone? :blink:

download xp sound schemes from http://freesoft.kljuc.net/

#22 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 July 2008 - 16:21

Does anyone have a link to OS X leopard sounds?

#23 ManyBeers

ManyBeers

Neowinian

Posted 21 July 2008 - 18:50

Why people disable sounds? I like them, cept when music is on high volume and you get the scary error beep

I hated that error beep, so i replaced it with a wave file of me saying "No", softly...like you would to an infant misbehaving.

#24 ManyBeers

ManyBeers

Neowinian

Posted 21 July 2008 - 18:58

Hi, I am fed up with the standard sound scheme in Windows XP and wondered, if anyone has found any good sound schemes for Windows anywhere? I am not looking for movie/cartoon sounds etc., but computer related event sounds (like mac sounds).

I did a search on Google and I found zip.

Anyone? :blink:

For my Windows Startup sound i downloaded a file of a Top Fuel dragster engine starting up and idling for 10 seconds. It sounds pretty cool out of my Klipsch 5.1 setup on startup. For my e-mail notification i downloaded a sound clip from "Monty Python and The Holy Grail". ...sound of arrow in flight then striking Eric Idle in the chest at which he replies to Lancelot "Message for you sir".
I have also made several different sounds for various apps. Be creative and make your own sounds.

#25 erin

erin

Neowinian

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:55

If youre feeling creative u can get a whole bunch of sounds and bits at sites like coolstockmusic.com or muicloops.com
it used to be a hobby of mine to create custom themes .. btw if you want to se something hillarious Windows start up prank

#26 HeLGeN-X

HeLGeN-X

Neowinian

Posted 04 May 2010 - 14:19

Are you really bumping a 2 year old thread? Oh wait, I just did, too. But still.

#27 nitins60

nitins60

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:43

Even I am looking for some cool Windows 8 sound schemes! PLease

#28 Sergey "hb860"

Sergey "hb860"

EdgeUI

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:53

http://winsounds.com/

Welcome to Windows Sounds. Here, you can download sounds and sound schemes for all Windows versions. We created this site to give you richer and more interesting sounds than the ones shipped by default with Windows. All the sounds available on WinSounds.com are completely free.

Sound packs provided on this site are compatible with Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.