Jedi Knight 2 + OpenGL

I recently purchased JK2 and I'm having trouble running it with my graphics card. I have a VooDoo 5500 and when I launch JK2 it tells me that OpenGL failed to start. The VooDoo 5500 is a 64m 3d card, there should be no problems, right?

Anyone have any suggestions?

thats because to my knowledge Jedi Knight II required a FULLY COMPATIBLE OpenGL card, while Voodoo5's only roughly support it. I am not too sure about that, but I think thats it :)

daEliteHax0r

Why use language like "rtfm" and "Read the ****en Manual!"

The question put by "mercuryx013" was quite simple and unoffensive surely a reply like .

Hi mercuryx013 to the best of my knowledge that your card is not supported,

Or

Hi mercuryx013 I just checked and the manual advises that your card is not supported ,

These examples take the same time to type and this make Neowin a friendlier place to visit . Manners take no longer .

i reckon it might be possible - try some of the special opengl drivers that were brought out by 3dfx when q3test came out - check voodoofiles or wotever - i aint sayin it'll run nice - but it might run with some tweaking...

If I remember correctly, there's a number of people that has success runng jk2 with v5 card. like baphomet_irl said, try other drivers from hotrod's url. you just may find it.

i would suggest you to get out in the real world. go buy an ATi or nVidia card...

and I DO NOT mean that as a rude jesture, you will definatly like what you see...

Originally posted by KiwiNZ  

daEliteHax0r

Why  use language  like "rtfm" and "Read the ****en Manual!"

The question put by "mercuryx013" was quite simple and unoffensive surely a reply like .

Hi mercuryx013 to the best of my knowledge that your card is not supported,  

Or  

Hi mercuryx013 I  just checked and  the manual advises that your card is not supported ,

These examples take  the same time to type and this make Neowin a friendlier place to visit . Manners take no longer .

c4u53 h3 15 4 31337 h4><0r

The native drivers for the V5 under XP only vaguely support DX. You'll need to get some third party drivers for OPENGL to work. I finally bit the bullet and got a new card awhile ago, but I believe that the Hujer Hoe and Cairey drivers (should be available on voodoofiles) will support OPENGL pretty well.

Originally posted by arsekicker  

The native drivers for the V5 under XP only vaguely support DX. You'll need to get some third party drivers for OPENGL to work. I finally bit the bullet and got a new card awhile ago, but I believe that the Hujer Hoe and Cairey drivers (should be available on voodoofiles) will support OPENGL pretty well.

Thanks to arsekicker and hotrod. The Hujer Hoe drivers work fine and run JK2 without saying anything rude or telling me to buy anew video card.

Thanks again.