Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

i think the only problem i have with this monitor is that it has a 600:1 contrast ratio. i expected higher. Also if anyone wants a chance to get this monter for 20% off, PM me!

i think the only problem i have with this monitor is that it has a 600:1 contrast ratio. i expected higher.  Also if anyone wants a chance to get this monter for 20% off, PM me!

585014065[/snapback]

Will do when it hits the UK :D

I think the highest I've ever seen is 700:1, and those are rather rare. 600:1 is pretty good for a monitor right now.

i think the only problem i have with this monitor is that it has a 600:1 contrast ratio. i expected higher.  Also if anyone wants a chance to get this monter for 20% off, PM me!

585014065[/snapback]

complainign about its contrast ratio?

guys, this monitor is BRIGHT....trust me, the whites are white, the blacks are black....what more can you expect? jesus

1680x1050 with a 12ms response time....12!!!! and its 20.1 inches!!!!widescreen!!! lol....sorry guys, im just really excited/cant wait for my monitor to come in....but come on guys, this monitor kicks ass :)

ok, well you have to remember, there are MILLIONS of pixels on this monitor, so its goign to be pretty hard to get one, though it definatly is possible....but honestly, there are a few power sellers on ebay that were sellign the 2001, except as far as i know they were only located in the UK, so if you're american, you're going to have to pay quite a bit for shipping probably

my opinion? if you're going to buy this monitor, go register for the dell Egame prizes, and play it every day until you get a 25% coupon....then take off a lot of the price, and just buy it from dell

i honestly think it will be more of a hassle going through someone else than dell themselves, but hey, thats just my idea

|

*crosses fingers for no dead pixels* im about to go to school, hopefully no one tries to bring it to my door while im gone, otherwise im going to have to wait another damn day for this monitor...hopefullyi t comes RIGHT when im coming back from school :)

i just got mine. 100% perfect. no dead or stuck pixels. no backlight problems. coming from the 1901fp the text is definitely smaller but not something i wont get used to. i love the extra desktop space compared to my old 1280x1024.

Mine too. :D

Too bad I noticed my Chaintech GT-60 (GF4-ti4600)'s manual says it can only do DVI at 1280x1024... Maybe I'll need to get a 6800 sooner than I thought. At least I can test out the display on my laptop to make sure it works fine.

mine's out for delivery :D :D :D

585016130[/snapback]

he he those half-life 2 widescreen shots must be making 2001FP owners rolling in their bed at nights :D Awesome !

585016090[/snapback]

not really.... :huh: I think my 16x12 shots are nicer. they're bigger :p

ok, well you have to remember, there are MILLIONS of pixels on this monitor, so its goign to be pretty hard to get one, though it definatly is possible....but honestly, there are a few power sellers on ebay that were sellign the 2001, except as far as i know they were only located in the UK, so if you're american, you're going to have to pay quite a bit for shipping probably

my opinion? if you're going to buy this monitor, go register for the dell Egame prizes, and play it every day until you get a 25% coupon....then take off a lot of the price, and just buy it from dell

i honestly think it will be more of a hassle going through someone else than dell themselves, but hey, thats just my idea

|

*crosses fingers for no dead pixels* im about to go to school, hopefully no one tries to bring it to my door while im gone, otherwise im going to have to wait another damn day for this monitor...hopefullyi t comes RIGHT when im coming back from school :)

585015105[/snapback]

To clarify there are NOT MILLIONS of pixels on this screen because the overall pixel quantity is less than 2 Million. In fact there is less than 1.8 Million Pixels. (1.764 Million Exactly).

Even the 2001FP doesn't break 2 Million Pixels. I thas 1.92 Million (16x12)

http://img111.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img111ℑ=desktop34.jpg

I know this pic the neowin logo looks nice and smooth but thats because its a screenie. In reality in your widescreen display does it look crisp and smooth? Because I noticed for instance on the Dell 8600 Laptop that has a widescreen lcd that the neowin logo and pretty much any other graphics don't displey as crisp and smooth and this should. In fact the neowin logo looks like is has jagged corners. I'm thinking of maybe getting that same lcd but I don't want it if its going to make pics look bad from what they should look like.

not really.... :huh: I think my 16x12 shots are nicer. they're bigger :p

585016601[/snapback]

ha ha I knew you would respond. Actually my remarks were towards you & Dazzla. I have to confess that I used to be jealous of every 2001FP owner. :blush:

http://img111.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img111ℑ=desktop34.jpg

I know this pic the neowin logo looks nice and smooth but thats because its a screenie. In reality in your widescreen display does it look crisp and smooth? Because I noticed for instance on the Dell 8600 Laptop that has a widescreen lcd that the neowin logo and pretty much any other graphics don't displey as crisp and smooth and this should. In fact the neowin logo looks like is has jagged corners. I'm thinking of maybe getting that same lcd but I don't want it if its going to make pics look bad from what they should look like.

585017014[/snapback]

Are you using 120 DPI fonts with Windows? I believe most Dell laptops with high res screens come this way by default. Theres a known "bug/feature" in IE that makes like all images look like **** (all pixelated). Do some googling around... theres a registry setting that makes it all look great ;-).

Edit: Didn't want to double post, so... This monitor is super sexxy ;-). In fact, I'm going to sell my Mac (specs in sig) to build a PC and get this screen. I might put it on NeoBay... PM offers if I don't post it there :-P.

this thing is BEAUTIFUL! oh man, i feel like i'm staring into the sun. this is excellent, i love it.

thanks for the suggestions & coupon codes everyone :D

585018114[/snapback]

i hate u man...this is bull****, they havent even updated my order on their pages...nothing gets updated, so i have no clue where this monitor is...the thing that just really ****es me off though is it was coming from AUSTIN tx...which is less than 3 hours away from me....and its been in transit since the last friday....this is ridiculous, my luck with mail/receiving **** is unbelievable :angry:

i hate u man...this is bull****, they havent even updated my order on their pages...nothing gets updated, so i have no clue where this monitor is...the thing that just really ****es me off though is it was coming from AUSTIN tx...which is less than 3 hours away from me....and its been in transit since the last friday....this is ridiculous, my luck with mail/receiving **** is unbelievable  :angry:

585018273[/snapback]

Don't feel bad UPS picks today to require a signature, They've been leaving packages on my porch for years without :(

7pm... east coast

585018555[/snapback]

its almost that time here now...maybe it can still come :)

oh and yea....ive been only going to school and then studying for finals here...then checking up on my monitor stuff...but now i can relax, but ive been here kinda waiitng for it as well...so i dont care about the sig...im off tomorrow anyway, so ill be waiting and calling them if its not here....it was scheduled to be here yesterday

:::::question: were you guys able to look at where the monitor was when it was shipped these past few days? it still doesnt show it ....