Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Ok, here's a question:

I have one of these, would it be feasable to take the plasic verticals off somehow and run 3 displays edge to edge to have one superwide seamless display?

586824499[/snapback]

There is no seam at the top; the left, top and right are one piece.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here...

I order a 2005FPW, it came yesterday. Well..no dead pixel...but got some weird problem. When in black, grey tone screen, I can see a lot of green line moving...like noise and ghosting when you got bad reception on TV. It got ghosting on menu and windows, even mouse pointer. It only happen when on black, or grey tone screen though. The black background is greenish. I try both VGA and DVI with two different computers...still the same. Is my monitor defective?

My video card is 9600se

Did anyone know the service tag for 2005FPW? I can't get the online chat support without them. The techical support phone just cut on me every time I call...Dell got bad service!!!

Thanks

badmonitor2.jpg

Displays don't have service tags.

:(

that mean's I got to make endless call to the tech support...

Sigh, I should take a photo shot of the screen instead of print screen. But I don't have one with me right now.

Hey people, just find out in the service tag, you can type in 1111111 (seven 1) to bypass the login. Use that number to get the online chat help.

And for my monitor, they're going to send me a new replacement.

Here's a pick of the first Dell 2005fpw I got. My replacement arrived today, so I should be able to post a pic of it tonight. Hopefully the backlight on the new one is better than this first one. If not then I will just return it too and buy a Samsung 204t and forget about widescreen for now.

img08770nw.jpg

Well, I checked out the 2nd 2005fpw. Unlike the first one which had no dead pixels, but a bad backlight, the second one has a perfect backlight, but one dead pixel. So alas, I'm gonna have to call dell again tomorrow morning and try again. The dead pixel would drive me crazy.

Hello, this is my 1st post in the forums. I noticed that a lot of people has this monitor. One thing that's bothering me is that a lot of these tend to have backlight problems. The one I got for $357 when there was a deal a week ago (stupid $23 tax :() arrived 2 days ago. When I set it up, I saw no pixel defects. But when I was checking for dead pixels by making the screen different colors, I saw that the 4 corners were a bit white (almost orange) when the screen was completely black. I also noticed this playing dark games like FEAR. However, if I move right in front of the corners and look at them straight on, the color seems normal. The corners also look a bit more black with the lights in the room on. Is this a problem with the backlight? Sorry that I can't post any photos. Thanks in advance.

The orange isn't the backlight, the lighter areas are. The orange is just the viewing angle. Maybe you should move the monitor farther away from you as that might help. I ended up returning the second 2005fpw for a refund and bought an apple cinema display instead. It cost a lot more, but it's an xmas present and I was able to check it for dead pixels before I got it. It's backlight is perfect just like my second 2005fpw, but it has no dead pixels, is prettier, and will match my G5 whenever I get it back from apple (its been repaired).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. :)

I currently have a 19" CRT monitor and text is barely readable (and blurry) at 1600x1200, but I guess this monitor is just showing its age.

Using a DVI connection with an LCD monitor (like the 2005FPW) makes text extremely crisp and clear, especially at 1680x1050 (Y)

How do i set it at that resoultion? Mine doesnt have it?

If your not showing it as an available resolution update your video drivers, and make sure your monitor driver is correct as well.