XgD's Countdown

This app has been around a while now, but having just done a big update on it and brought it up to version 2.0 I thought i'd move it out its original forum in Software Discussion/Assistance down to here. Dominik originally asked for it and it grew from there, and as people asked for features, I added them.

It can sit transparent on your desktop, or tick away in your system tray. I tried to make it as customisable as possible, but if you wish me to add anything, tell me!

If anyone wants to contribute any names/icons/feedback/new-features/bugs, PM or e-mail me (my e-mail is on the settings tab of the app)

I've attatched a screenshot anyway.

Download URL (Zip Package):

http://www.josolyne.demon.co.uk/countdown.zip

Installer:

http://www.josolyne.demon.co.uk/countdown.exe

Thanks

XgD

Edit: Added installer

post-12578-1101407061.png

Edited by XgD

a stupid small request, but I would love it if somehow, when I startup my computer or something, I get almost like an audio thing, which kinda reminds me of the countdown, this is especially true if you have like, maybe a few minutes left for an auction to end, and you want a reminder then, not when the time ends.

Ofcourse, you could specify the audio file yourself and the time intervals the audio file kinda starts or something to remind you of it. For example, I would love it to have like a project due in the next 2 days and when I start up my computer, it makes this noise which kinda tells me to stop slacking of and get to work. I don't know, I know it will definately help me.

So, basically:

1. specify audio file for

2. notifications BEFORE the countdown ends which you can customize.

Thanks,

dpv

a stupid small request, but I would love it if somehow, when I startup my computer or something, I get almost like an audio thing, which kinda reminds me of the countdown, this is especially true if you have like, maybe a few minutes left for an auction to end, and you want a reminder then, not when the time ends.

585005646[/snapback]

OK, added an option for reminders :D

I'll add the sound option soon.

Anything else??

thanks

XgD

another silly request, but I think it can make things easier. Instead of just having around 4 locations where this program can sit on, would it also be possible to check a box and then be able to drag the counter around anywhere you want on your desktop?

another silly request, but I think it can make things easier. Instead of just having around 4 locations where this program can sit on, would it also be possible to check a box and then be able to drag the counter around anywhere you want on your desktop?

585012686[/snapback]

That was one of the first features that came in. Right click it, and unlock its position. Should I make this option more clear do you think?

It does mention this on the position tab if you read at the bottom

XgD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just uploaded version 2.5. I think its pretty secure now... no bugs I can see, a lot been done to it.

New version adds startup support, and a few neatness updates & bug fixes.

countdown.zip

I'll upload the source code if anyone wants it.

Thanks

XgD

• 2 months later...