Any good free mmorpgs?

Hey im a cheap **** and wont pay a cent for anything unless its really worth it. Well MMORPG's just dont seem worth the $120 a year price tag. I've tried two, and one of em was OK for a while and the other one (cough** Anarchy Online **cough) sucked! Are there any good free ones out there. They dont have to be the greatest, but maybe just a fun little side game? Any suggestions?

these are the only free ones?!?

by the way i now am hooked on ragnarok online. its a lot like cocaine when u think about it. o well...

but eventually its gonna cost money so are there any entirely free mmorpgs. o and dont say runescape either...

That RAGNAROK online registration thing didn't work for me. Kept on getting SQL errors from the server. Their Database is probably server side locked or something. And their field validation on the page before is worse.

Maybe I'll try again later, but I was not very impressed with what I saw.

you could try Phantasy Star Online (version 1) for dreamcast... it's full of cheaters, but once you meet some honest people you can get a good game going with your "private party"

Phatasy Star Online is neat. But it's not free :D

And you need a DC, plus a dial up account, besides.

OR perhaps you're one of the lucky people who got a BBA. I would kill for a BBA.

Originally posted by mr_da3m0n

Phatasy Star Online is neat. But it's not free :D

it's not? hate to break it to you, but version 1 IS free. At least to play it, which, if you read his post, what he meant.

ro 0wned my soul, i played CONSTANTLY but then had to give up as it took up ALL my time, i was a level 50 swordie j00 know MVPed orosis himself!

Here's one for you. Graal Online It's like playing Zelda but online with 100's of other people it's fun. There is a Free version and a Pay version, But the free version isn't small or boring I like it.

Originally posted by Seeker22

Here's one for you. Graal Online It's like playing Zelda but online with 100's of other people it's fun. There is a Free version and a Pay version, But the free version isn't small or boring I like it.

I WARN YOU, PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE ABOVE LINK, AS IT IS A HORRIBLE GAME.

I have my reasons, I used to play this game alot.

There are so many problems with it you cannot even count, if you wish me to elaborate, say so.

I have just this minute uninstalled AO. I'm glad I had a free trial, I would hve been pretty annoyed if I had paid for that bucket of cow crap.

Everquest was fun because of the interaction with the other characters (well, I did get bored eventually and cancelled) but AO.... click something. Press Q. Die. Respawn. Yawn.

I have played both Graal and Ragnarok.

I liked Graal tho..and i played it longer, completed quite a few missions..not so bad :p

As for Ragnarok, i just don't get what you do in there other than killing animals and collecting what falls out of them ones you kill them :ermm:

And yeah, Wing could you elaborate on the problems? I remember there were some money and weapon cheats..but i haven't heard of anything more..maybe i had been missing out alot :p

Edit: I went to their signup page, but i don't see a Free version instead there was a Trail version, which doesn't sound so fun.

Originally posted by ck2k01

so can u play the full version of graal for free like ragnarok online?

Unfortunately, i don't think so. Seeker22 said there is a Free version of Graal you could download, but i saw only a trial version. :ermm:

Trial? What!? Ah, well I haven't played that game in awhile cause I forgot my password and got ****ed and didnt want to do it all over again. but I know the graalonline.com is the Non-Free one and the graalclassic.com is the free one. You "Should" be able to play graal classic as much as you want for free, cause there is other servers you can connect to other than graals servers. And just cause it's the free one there is still tons of levels to do and I never got bored of it for the period that I played it. Hmm, I guess I have to download it again and see what you guys mean by trail.

Yeah I also agree with Toxicfume about Ragnarok, I was hoping it would replace my RedMoon online addiction since it's not a beta no more, But I can't really get in to it. just go kill little hopping bunnies. But I will keep playing it, hope there is more to it than that. I'm sure there is though.

oh ffs, did u really need to post 4 times in a row...................,spammer, neway i tried anarchy online for a month ,wicked at first but then gets boring, luckily closed my account before i actually pay for a servers fee....:D

oh ffs, did u really need to post 4 times in a row...................,spammer,

Give him a break... it wasn't spamming and it was suitable for the situation. Any more would have been tedious but this was just someone reporting back quickly and not wanting to edit posts (which is not always a good thing to do).

Also, Ragnorak online is crap. I don't mind crap graphics but it should have clear, concise gameplay.