World of Warcraft Thread

official mmo warcraft blizzard pc

• Please log in to reply
12705 replies to this topic

#12451 vetthe evn show

the evn show

Removed

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:46

<p>You could probably do it with 15 competent people but it wouldn't be possible to solo. At current gear levels I think 25 is a reasonable minimum.  He'll mind control 5 people at a time (including tanks) and that has to be broken by DPS so the absolute minimum would be 7 people (1 tank+1 dps + 5 MCs) but even that is pretty unlikely.

#12452 +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 10 October 2012 - 13:41

I've been playing since a few days after launch. I joined a guild with some old friends and, well, all I can say is this group has the worst tanks I've ever raided with - and I've been playing a long time. We still have not gotten down Stone Guard and we've spent 12 hours wiping so far (4 sessions at 3 hours each). It's so bad I've been helping a friend level a monk via RaF to replace one tank and the other will also be replaced.

I haven't taken the game too seriously this time around so it hasn't bothered me much. It's getting there though. We've leveled the monk to 87 now and it will only be a couple days before we can actually start raiding.

#12453 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 10 October 2012 - 13:43

<p>You could probably do it with 15 competent people but it wouldn't be possible to solo. At current gear levels I think 25 is a reasonable minimum. He'll mind control 5 people at a time (including tanks) and that has to be broken by DPS so the absolute minimum would be 7 people (1 tank+1 dps + 5 MCs) but even that is pretty unlikely.

If you play on a pvp server 7 is definately unlikely XD

#12454 Prosidius

Prosidius

Geek.

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 31 October 2012 - 19:01

This thread is dead. Whats up with that. :p

#12455 Aeikus

Aeikus

Neowinian

Posted 31 October 2012 - 19:10

This thread is dead. Whats up with that. :p

People are losing interest.

#12456 Prosidius

Prosidius

Geek.

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 31 October 2012 - 22:41

The expansion is just over a month old and a new raid opened yesterday. I find that hard to believe.

#12457 vetthe evn show

the evn show

Removed

Posted 31 October 2012 - 23:30

Treat it more like ICC gating and it makes sense.
  • Raiding is pretty solid. Most content seems pretty interesting so far. There's some forgettable/boring content but so far it's not terrible
  • Heroic dungeons are boring, challenge modes are more a question of class stacking than skill. It's hard to say if there's any real interest as long as people still have raid content to grind.
  • Daily quest/rep-grind system is rediculous and not fun. I'm opting out - **** blizzard. Sadly, not everyone is prepared to give up their grinding so that leaves me without friends to play with (at least not enough to do interesting things).
I'm playing exactly 8 hours a week and then logging off right now. The "non raid activities" are just too damn grindy and I'm not going to do things I don't think are fun.

#12458 Dubstep Nixon

Dubstep Nixon

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 October 2012 - 23:35

They went completely overboard with dailies and rep grinds in this expansion.

#12459 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:17

They went completely overboard with dailies and rep grinds in this expansion.

Yeah no doubt about that.

I'm so bored by dailies that i did not play at all in the last week. Did not even care about capping my valor. Right now i'm raiding once a week (3 hours) and that's all.

#12460 +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:48

Treat it more like ICC gating and it makes sense.

• Raiding is pretty solid. Most content seems pretty interesting so far. There's some forgettable/boring content but so far it's not terrible
  • Heroic dungeons are boring, challenge modes are more a question of class stacking than skill. It's hard to say if there's any real interest as long as people still have raid content to grind.
  • Daily quest/rep-grind system is rediculous and not fun. I'm opting out - **** blizzard. Sadly, not everyone is prepared to give up their grinding so that leaves me without friends to play with (at least not enough to do interesting things).
I'm playing exactly 8 hours a week and then logging off right now. The "non raid activities" are just too damn grindy and I'm not going to do things I don't think are fun.

I agree with all of this. Not only the amount of dailies but their requirement to the hardcore raiders if they are to max themselves is just atrocious. What's recently bothered me is that I hadn't touched Cloud Serpent reputation. However, I just got the Pandaran Dungeon Hero achievement. Now, I can't even use the mount until I get the reputation with Cloud Serpent.

#12461 Elliott

Elliott

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5 (iOS 6)

Posted 05 November 2012 - 18:18

I agree. The grinds are just way too much. I wish they had left the daily quest cap in so I wouldn't feel pressured to do so much each day.

#12462 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 20:49

Anyone mind sending me a scroll of resurrection? I have a US account.

#12463 vetthe evn show

the evn show

Removed

Posted 05 November 2012 - 22:28

You should probably post your e-mail email address or some other way to contact you (does bnet tag work). If you feel uncomfortable about making it public I suppose you could send it to me, or some other poster via PM on neowin.

#12464 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 21:00

Got one yesterday from a member here that pm'd me. Thanks.

#12465 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 November 2012 - 16:00

So after playing around and getting back into it, I can't believe how dumbed down WoW has gotten. :(

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!