World of Warcraft Thread

official mmo warcraft blizzard pc

• Please log in to reply
12717 replies to this topic

#12526 cryptonym

cryptonym

Neowinian

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:32

Which Addons do you use? There's so many of them - I don't know which I should choose.

#12527 PsychD

PsychD

Neowinian

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:37

Which Addons do you use? There's so many of them - I don't know which I should choose.

Depends on what you want, do you want a minimalistic UI, there's a lot of question you should ask yourself when designing a interface.
Or if it's just meters and boss mods, then the most downloaded are usually the better choices due to them usually being well supported. I myself prefer Skada and BigWigs for Meters and BossMod respectively.

I'm a big fan of customizing my interface, to be honest the latest years I have been doing that more than raiding.
My latest creation got to look somewhat similar to this, with adjusted sizes and positioning that were tuned over time: Early WIP in LFR (AFKish) , Early WIP , 10-man non-aligned

#12528 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:02

Depends on what you want, do you want a minimalistic UI, there's a lot of question you should ask yourself when designing a interface.
Or if it's just meters and boss mods, then the most downloaded are usually the better choices due to them usually being well supported. I myself prefer Skada and BigWigs for Meters and BossMod respectively.

I'm a big fan of customizing my interface, to be honest the latest years I have been doing that more than raiding.
My latest creation got to look somewhat similar to this, with adjusted sizes and positioning that were tuned over time: Early WIP in LFR (AFKish) , Early WIP , 10-man non-aligned

If Malthred in your first AFK shot was from Silvermoon and you are EU then that was my Brother in Law :D

#12529 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:15

I use a tonne but the main ones:

SCT (Scrolling combat Text)
Bagnon (1 bag to rule them all)
Dominos (Cast Bars)
XPerl (Unit Frames)
FuBAR w/ clock fu, repair fu, money fu, location fu
Healbot
Deadly Boss Mods
Dragqueen
Gatherer

This is an old pic, but it shows my typical interface.

Posted Image

On a side note.. hit exalted with the wind serpents yesterday got my wind serpent mount :D

#12530 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

Posted 02 May 2013 - 18:07

On a side note.. hit exalted with the wind serpents yesterday got my wind serpent mount :D

Me too the other day, was disappointed with it :( at certain angles it too in the way

#12531 firey

firey

Posted 02 May 2013 - 19:48

Me too the other day, was disappointed with it :( at certain angles it too in the way

I noticed that too. And it wobbles a lot, which I get but I keep feeling like I have to move the camera to stay on course with it (like when drunk).

#12532 Art3x

Art3x

I'm Cal-i

Posted 02 May 2013 - 19:57

I just use a very slightly modified ElvUI. It's constantly being updated and is very easy to customize. I used to do the completely custom UI thing but I just got tired of the hassle.

#12533 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

Posted 06 May 2013 - 15:44

What can i buy with justice points? i've just realised i have capped at 4k, tried googling it but not getting any solid information.

#12534 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 06 May 2013 - 15:57

What can i buy with justice points? i've just realised i have capped at 4k, tried googling it but not getting any solid information.

There are still quartermasters in Orgrimmar (and I guess Stormwind) that you can buy crafting materials with or swap them for honor points.

#12535 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 06 May 2013 - 16:00

You won't get gear worth equipping from daily quests unless you count items you can purchase with valor points.

Your best bet is to either hang out in battlegrounds over the weekend and buy honor gear, hit the auction house for crafted items, or queue for dungeons and scenarios. You can fill in holes in your gear with the auction house (buy the crafted blue-quality PVP gear, it should be dirt cheap now). You can keep gear that isn't appropriate for your spec: so long as you can equip it then it'll count towards your item level. You don't even need to wear it while you queue up or run the dungeon: just have it in your bags.

I just started to play again to see the xpac new content and I found as a solo dps the faster way to gear for raid finder is Scenario + world bosses (unless you want to pay at the ah of course).

Queue for dongeon as a dps are far too long (between 30 and 40 minutes). Honor is really slow to get if you lose as much as you win wich will likely happen if you don't premade.

Scenario gives 450 and 463 gears. It also gives some justice. The cool thing about Scenario is the queues are instant even for dps. You can solo most of them so if people quit you can continue until the finder finds other people. I geared my huntard for raid finder in around 1 week of work doing only scenario, world bosses and making my eng google (worked on the mats while levelling). I must admit i was lucky i got 1 piece from my first oon kill and 1 from my first galleon kill along with of course the boots from the quest started by looting Sha claw.

Really bad xpac so far imo. The new raid is sort of fun but everything else is still really bad. Nobody does challenge. Few normal and heroic good pug groups. People are happy doing dailies, raid finder and playing Farmville and Pokemon... the game is going downhill fast. I gave up finding a good pug for normal and eventually heroics like it used to be possible back in wrath days.

#12536 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:59

I hate the rep requirements to buy anything with VP & JP - I don't really raid and do the LFR frequently, and now have some points to use and because I don't do anything with PVE rep I can't actually buy anything.. Looks like they will sit there until they reset it all again then

#12537 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:42

There are still quartermasters in Orgrimmar (and I guess Stormwind) that you can buy crafting materials with or swap them for honor points.

Thanks, i had a quick look in Stormwind and couldn't find anything of interest and i'm not too bothered about PvP at this point. I managed to pick up a ring from the Golden Lotus faction but still have most of my points and nothing to do with them.

My VP are building up as well but the rep grind to revered for anything exciting is killing me and will need to go all the way to exalted if i want mounts.

I would like to see bonus dungeon rep available once per day across each faction, instead of once per day for one faction.

#12538 Prosidius

Prosidius

Geek.

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 07 May 2013 - 14:18

The rep grind was (and still is) a major complaint of MoP. At least for the reps in 5.1/5.2, they throw reputation at you now. Can get exalted in like 2-3 weeks of doing dailies.

Blizzard created a to do list on gearing up quickly to be ready for Throne of Thunder too. May be worth checking out...http://us.battle.net..._to_53-5_2_2013

#12539 firey

firey

Posted 23 May 2013 - 13:52

Been playing a lot of wow. I did a heroic Scenerio on Tuesday, and it was definitely tough. I am really really hoping they don't nerf it at all. It's nice to have a challenge once and a while.

Hit 499 iLevel last night. I do LFRs all the time, but I find that 9/10 times I will get a bag of gold. Not even something with the gold.. just gold. Rep Grind was boring at first, but now I am kind of enjoying it.

I still wish they would make the game more difficult again. However it seems like they are constantly nerfing/removing difficulty in things. For example in the last LFR Raid there are mobs that spawn an electric shield. It used to be that you HAD to stop DPS or you would wipe the raid, but now you can dps and heal through it no problem.

I miss the TBC days where people were set apart. Those who raided and were raiders had the awesome gear, worked hard for their gear, and had a real sense of achievement. Now you can do an easy heroic, have sub 30k dps in LFR, and do some dailies and become geared.

#12540 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

Posted 23 May 2013 - 14:04

Scenarios suck, most boring part of the game for me, but i'm not vanilla so the difficulty of them are probably what kills it for me something i'm not used to.. I was looking forward to the Lorewalker Cho new questline from yesterdays patch only to be hit with Scenarios :(

Warriors are supposed to be the characters that deliver the high amounts of damage but i seem to be getting shadowed by other characters of similar lvl, leads me to think i'm just playing my character wrong.

i enjoy doing the dailies for rep grind as well. I've only got 2 more factions to raise to exalted.. or near enough.

I probably need to start hitting LFR but doesn't each raid take something like 3-4 hours?