Which Addons do you use? There's so many of them - I don't know which I should choose.

Depends on what you want, do you want a minimalistic UI, there's a lot of question you should ask yourself when designing a interface.

Or if it's just meters and boss mods, then the most downloaded are usually the better choices due to them usually being well supported. I myself prefer Skada and BigWigs for Meters and BossMod respectively.

I'm a big fan of customizing my interface, to be honest the latest years I have been doing that more than raiding.

My latest creation got to look somewhat similar to this, with adjusted sizes and positioning that were tuned over time: Early WIP in LFR (AFKish) , Early WIP , 10-man non-aligned

Depends on what you want, do you want a minimalistic UI, there's a lot of question you should ask yourself when designing a interface.

Or if it's just meters and boss mods, then the most downloaded are usually the better choices due to them usually being well supported. I myself prefer Skada and BigWigs for Meters and BossMod respectively.

I'm a big fan of customizing my interface, to be honest the latest years I have been doing that more than raiding.

My latest creation got to look somewhat similar to this, with adjusted sizes and positioning that were tuned over time: Early WIP in LFR (AFKish) , Early WIP , 10-man non-aligned

If Malthred in your first AFK shot was from Silvermoon and you are EU then that was my Brother in Law :D

Which Addons do you use? There's so many of them - I don't know which I should choose.

I use a tonne but the main ones:

SCT (Scrolling combat Text)

Bagnon (1 bag to rule them all)

Dominos (Cast Bars)

XPerl (Unit Frames)

FuBAR w/ clock fu, repair fu, money fu, location fu

Healbot

Deadly Boss Mods

Dragqueen

Gatherer

This is an old pic, but it shows my typical interface.

wowscrnshot010811094655.jpg

On a side note.. hit exalted with the wind serpents yesterday got my wind serpent mount :D

On a side note.. hit exalted with the wind serpents yesterday got my wind serpent mount :D

Me too the other day, was disappointed with it :( at certain angles it too in the way

Me too the other day, was disappointed with it :( at certain angles it too in the way

I noticed that too. And it wobbles a lot, which I get but I keep feeling like I have to move the camera to stay on course with it (like when drunk).

I just use a very slightly modified ElvUI. It's constantly being updated and is very easy to customize. I used to do the completely custom UI thing but I just got tired of the hassle.

What can i buy with justice points? i've just realised i have capped at 4k, tried googling it but not getting any solid information.

What can i buy with justice points? i've just realised i have capped at 4k, tried googling it but not getting any solid information.

There are still quartermasters in Orgrimmar (and I guess Stormwind) that you can buy crafting materials with or swap them for honor points.

You won't get gear worth equipping from daily quests unless you count items you can purchase with valor points.

Your best bet is to either hang out in battlegrounds over the weekend and buy honor gear, hit the auction house for crafted items, or queue for dungeons and scenarios. You can fill in holes in your gear with the auction house (buy the crafted blue-quality PVP gear, it should be dirt cheap now). You can keep gear that isn't appropriate for your spec: so long as you can equip it then it'll count towards your item level. You don't even need to wear it while you queue up or run the dungeon: just have it in your bags.

I just started to play again to see the xpac new content and I found as a solo dps the faster way to gear for raid finder is Scenario + world bosses (unless you want to pay at the ah of course).

Queue for dongeon as a dps are far too long (between 30 and 40 minutes). Honor is really slow to get if you lose as much as you win wich will likely happen if you don't premade.

Scenario gives 450 and 463 gears. It also gives some justice. The cool thing about Scenario is the queues are instant even for dps. You can solo most of them so if people quit you can continue until the finder finds other people. I geared my huntard for raid finder in around 1 week of work doing only scenario, world bosses and making my eng google (worked on the mats while levelling). I must admit i was lucky i got 1 piece from my first oon kill and 1 from my first galleon kill along with of course the boots from the quest started by looting Sha claw.

Really bad xpac so far imo. The new raid is sort of fun but everything else is still really bad. Nobody does challenge. Few normal and heroic good pug groups. People are happy doing dailies, raid finder and playing Farmville and Pokemon... the game is going downhill fast. I gave up finding a good pug for normal and eventually heroics like it used to be possible back in wrath days.

I hate the rep requirements to buy anything with VP & JP - I don't really raid and do the LFR frequently, and now have some points to use and because I don't do anything with PVE rep I can't actually buy anything.. Looks like they will sit there until they reset it all again then

There are still quartermasters in Orgrimmar (and I guess Stormwind) that you can buy crafting materials with or swap them for honor points.

Thanks, i had a quick look in Stormwind and couldn't find anything of interest and i'm not too bothered about PvP at this point. I managed to pick up a ring from the Golden Lotus faction but still have most of my points and nothing to do with them.

My VP are building up as well but the rep grind to revered for anything exciting is killing me and will need to go all the way to exalted if i want mounts.

I would like to see bonus dungeon rep available once per day across each faction, instead of once per day for one faction.

The rep grind was (and still is) a major complaint of MoP. At least for the reps in 5.1/5.2, they throw reputation at you now. Can get exalted in like 2-3 weeks of doing dailies.

Blizzard created a to do list on gearing up quickly to be ready for Throne of Thunder too. May be worth checking out...http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9601895/Catching_Up_to_53-5_2_2013

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing a lot of wow. I did a heroic Scenerio on Tuesday, and it was definitely tough. I am really really hoping they don't nerf it at all. It's nice to have a challenge once and a while.

Hit 499 iLevel last night. I do LFRs all the time, but I find that 9/10 times I will get a bag of gold. Not even something with the gold.. just gold. Rep Grind was boring at first, but now I am kind of enjoying it.

I still wish they would make the game more difficult again. However it seems like they are constantly nerfing/removing difficulty in things. For example in the last LFR Raid there are mobs that spawn an electric shield. It used to be that you HAD to stop DPS or you would wipe the raid, but now you can dps and heal through it no problem.

I miss the TBC days where people were set apart. Those who raided and were raiders had the awesome gear, worked hard for their gear, and had a real sense of achievement. Now you can do an easy heroic, have sub 30k dps in LFR, and do some dailies and become geared.

Scenarios suck, most boring part of the game for me, but i'm not vanilla so the difficulty of them are probably what kills it for me something i'm not used to.. I was looking forward to the Lorewalker Cho new questline from yesterdays patch only to be hit with Scenarios :(

Warriors are supposed to be the characters that deliver the high amounts of damage but i seem to be getting shadowed by other characters of similar lvl, leads me to think i'm just playing my character wrong.

i enjoy doing the dailies for rep grind as well. I've only got 2 more factions to raise to exalted.. or near enough.

I probably need to start hitting LFR but doesn't each raid take something like 3-4 hours?

I miss the TBC days where people were set apart. Those who raided and were raiders had the awesome gear, worked hard for their gear, and had a real sense of achievement. Now you can do an easy heroic, have sub 30k dps in LFR, and do some dailies and become geared.

TBC was a pain in the ass for no reason imo.

It was like this. Spam trade chat for 3 hours to find people geared enough and good enough to do heroics. Then just when you were about to start you found out that a guy did not have the key even tough he thought he did. It was almost impossible to pug 5 good and geared players with the key for a dungeon. Even finding 5 guildies with the key was hard. Everyone had priority when it came to rep griding and there was almost always one who did not have the key for the dungeon you wanted to do.

Then you had this crazy long attunement for Kara. I don't mind long attunement for later raids but for the first raid of the xpac it was stupid imo. Specially since there was nothing else to do than Kara and rep grinding. We basically took 1 month helping people to get attune so we could build 3 raids and some backups to be ready for 25 men after Kara.

Grinding in BC was way too much over the top.

To me the best xpac stay wotlk. There was enough things to do to keep n00bs busy but the griding was for the most part not too hard and fun (save maybe for Argent Tournament). It was easy to farm food. Was easy to farm flask. Was easy to farm emblems yet fun. I liked the quest to kill a raid boss to get emblems. The normal raids were easy enough to pug but the last bosses were hard enough to give a challenge for small guilds. The heroic raids were hard enough to give a challenge to top guild. OS 3 drakes, Immortal/undying, A Tribute to Insanity/Immortality, Yog no keeper and LK heroics were really hard (with the proper gear). In fact pugs were still wiping on yog no keeper even at level 85. Blizz did a mistake by not removing the achievements and mounts when they released cata tough. wotlk was not perfect. Heroics dungeon were too easy. But for the most part it was a fine balance between easy content for n00bs and hard enough content and some crazy achievements/mounts for the top guilds.

Scenarios suck, most boring part of the game for me, but i'm not vanilla so the difficulty of them are probably what kills it for me something i'm not used to.. I was looking forward to the Lorewalker Cho new questline from yesterdays patch only to be hit with Scenarios :(

Warriors are supposed to be the characters that deliver the high amounts of damage but i seem to be getting shadowed by other characters of similar lvl, leads me to think i'm just playing my character wrong.

i enjoy doing the dailies for rep grind as well. I've only got 2 more factions to raise to exalted.. or near enough.

I probably need to start hitting LFR but doesn't each raid take something like 3-4 hours?

They take like 10 minutes each and they give 50 valor each.

I wasn't impressed with the scenarios or the quests afterwards last night. I stopped half way through the go collect 15 15 15 of something. Logged off and tonight I'll be back to PVP only :(

I wasn't impressed with the scenarios or the quests afterwards last night. I stopped half way through the go collect 15 15 15 of something. Logged off and tonight I'll be back to PVP only :(

Thats the last quest (except for the weekly) and then you get a title after you complete those two.

My reaction to seeing this thread pop up in minispy: :x

No offense to anyone, I just can't see the interest in it anymore.

Thats the last quest (except for the weekly) and then you get a title after you complete those two.

Ahh kool, I might just finish it then but the hell if im going to do it on my other 90's lol

I really do miss playing Wow, with my friend however, after Cataclysm it just wasnt the same anymore, and I do not know anyone that is still playing it from the original group of friends, out guild is now playing other games.

TBC was a pain in the ass for no reason imo.

It was like this. Spam trade chat for 3 hours to find people geared enough and good enough to do heroics. Then just when you were about to start you found out that a guy did not have the key even tough he thought he did. It was almost impossible to pug 5 good and geared players with the key for a dungeon. Even finding 5 guildies with the key was hard. Everyone had priority when it came to rep griding and there was almost always one who did not have the key for the dungeon you wanted to do.

Then you had this crazy long attunement for Kara. I don't mind long attunement for later raids but for the first raid of the xpac it was stupid imo. Specially since there was nothing else to do than Kara and rep grinding. We basically took 1 month helping people to get attune so we could build 3 raids and some backups to be ready for 25 men after Kara.

Grinding in BC was way too much over the top.

To me the best xpac stay wotlk. There was enough things to do to keep n00bs busy but the griding was for the most part not too hard and fun (save maybe for Argent Tournament). It was easy to farm food. Was easy to farm flask. Was easy to farm emblems yet fun. I liked the quest to kill a raid boss to get emblems. The normal raids were easy enough to pug but the last bosses were hard enough to give a challenge for small guilds. The heroic raids were hard enough to give a challenge to top guild. OS 3 drakes, Immortal/undying, A Tribute to Insanity/Immortality, Yog no keeper and LK heroics were really hard (with the proper gear). In fact pugs were still wiping on yog no keeper even at level 85. Blizz did a mistake by not removing the achievements and mounts when they released cata tough. wotlk was not perfect. Heroics dungeon were too easy. But for the most part it was a fine balance between easy content for n00bs and hard enough content and some crazy achievements/mounts for the top guilds.

I had always been in raiding guilds, both through TBC and WOTLK. Getting attuned and getting keys was expected. I had all the attunements and all the keys I could get with my rep. We rarely pugged as if there wasn't enough of our guild on we had many sister guilds that had raiders we could use. Mind you raid night usually had about 40 people online ready to raid in the event a core raider wasn't present.

I miss actually working with people and feeling like I am accomplishing things. So far the only time I felt like that was doing first lfg heroic, first lfr raid, and getting Exalted with the wind serpant faction.

I feel like the game is too easy now, and even though I don't get a lot of play time I am pretty geared and can easily do many of the raids. More often than not I am either top or second in heals and near the bottom in over-heals without doing much (Spaming smite primarily). I've had a few challenges, but aside from heroic scenerios I don't feel like I have really had any test of my skills. Whereas TBC and to some extent WOTLK you had to prove yourself, and the gear you had and the progress you made was a result of how well you did. Not getting lucky and being in a LFG group and happening to get a piece of loot.

Do I like wow? yea for sure I still play it, but to me the game has become very very casual and the reward for spending time and working is much less gratifying when people who don't are just as progressed.

I agree with you that the game is too much easy now and it is too easy to gear a toon in both pve and pvp. But personally i felt like BC was too much grinding for no good reason. Honestly most of the raids in BC were not that hard if you remove the grinding to get the gear and the complexity of getting 25 good geared players working together. Kara was "hard" only because people started doing it in green and blue gear cause it took way too much time to grind rep and gearing in heroic dungeons. I remember our fist Moroes kill almost the entire raid was geared in blue and green with some epic pieces from prof. It was hard as hell. But then when we had some epic gear it was really easy and there was nothing else to do cause there was no heroic mode. Then Grull was really easy and this is where i closed my account. I re-activated my account when Zul-aman was released to try the bear run.

What i liked better about wotlk is the challenge did not come from getting gear but from the fight itself. Even with the proper gear os 3 drakes was still hard as hell (unlike kara, grull, mag and such). 3 drakes is still one of the best fight i did in the game. Yog 1 keeper was really fun too (did not try 0 keeper until cata). The game sudenly was not only about getting gear or coordinating 25/40 players with half the raid being bad. It was easy to gather 10 good players and get gear. The hard part was perfecting the fight.

I think it's just sad Blizz did not remove the achievements/mounts when they released cata. It saddened me to see everyone running around with the icc/ulduar drakes in cata. We worked so hard to get those drakes and now every average players could get them without too much trouble. The only good thing about cata was the heroic dungeons and the first tier (first heroic tier was really awesome). Since then the game is going downhill and i don't really play anymore outside of some pvp here and there to see old friends again.

That's true. I agree WOTLK was a good expansion, however to me WOTLK was the beginning of the true nerfing. Where you could spam spells and that was that. A rotation was not really needed. However there were some good WOTLK raid fights that did need coordination. For example there was the boss that caused 0 mana regen and healers had to coordinate perfectly for switches in and out of the regen spots.

Personally I was never a fan of PVP that's why it bugs me so much about the PVE becoming so easy. I did like that they removed many of the BC achievements/titles making it special to have things like Champion of the Naruu and Hand of A'dal. There are only a couple people that I played with in TBC and WOTLK days (I quit for pretty much all of Cata), so my play now is just trying to get decked doing as little work as possible for the hell of it.

Will probably do some PVP as it seems like that's what more and more players are doing.