Warlords of Draenor!!!

100 level cap!

And having over a million HP will be normal for players.. and all players will start in epics.. and yea... i'll probably still buy it one day.. but.. they need to bring it back to TBC days.

And having over a million HP will be normal for players.. and all players will start in epics.. and yea... i'll probably still buy it one day.. but.. they need to bring it back to TBC days.

The rumor is they're finally doing the level squish this expansion.  HP, stats, etc.

It is the end for me. As many of you may know they had a database disaster on the Nesingwary Realm over a week ago. Guilds were broken and lost, people lost their characters, items and even auctions. It is now nearly two weeks later and guilds are still broken and many people are still missing things. Worse they are continuing to do these realm mergers and they broke Tortheldrin the same way a couple days ago. Me, I had a level 90 hunter with an item level of over 540 and now he is naked. All his gear is gone, my void storage that was filled with years and years worth of old tier sets and no longer obtainable items is empty, my guilds are gone. After waiting 8 days for my ticket to be answered a GM said there was nothing he could do. So I'm done, I can't believe how they are handling this situation. I've played since 2005 and I had a lot of fun but this has ended it for me. :(

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10387709035?page=35#694

Holy s**t... I had no idea. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. I have several legendaries: Thunderfury, Sulfuras, the mace thing I think from Ulduar and I was close to getting Shadowfury or whatever from ICC. On top of that, I have about 15 different sets of gear from all different tiers that I've kept. If that was lost, well, I would just stop playing. There's no way I could bring myself to do all that again. I did get hacked though while I stopped playing and had to get all my stuff back... I'm still not positive I have everything but it's impossible to be sure...

i was really hoping they were going to announce an in game micro transactions area, and free to play. :(

The rumor is they're finally doing the level squish this expansion.  HP, stats, etc.

Finally lol.  I always wanted them to roll back the level cap to 60 (or 70) based on some formula.  Like if you are level 80-90 you go to 55, 70-80 50, 60-70 45, 50-60 40, 40-50 35, 30-40, 30 and everything below stays as is.   Obviously having it so that you fall between the ranges based on level.  And have the stats reflect that.

I read a rumor somewhere that the item squish will only be in effect on Draenor.  If the rumor is true, thats a really great idea because then it doesnt affect the ability to solo old content.  

So another new xpack and, from what i've seen in the screenshots, they've made next to no effort to improve their ancient graphics engine. It still looks like a ps2-era game. At this point i'm not sure if it's laziness or if they're just too incompetent to figure out that they can make the game look better while keeping the art style they started with.

They are calling it a feature and have said a lot of work has gone into rebuilding the character models a whole engine update may as well start working on wow 2 because it would be that long till we got it,

Im not impressed with this xpac, more garrosh and more orcs more outlands (yes I know its draneor but you know its outlands as well), most exciting part seems to be the level 100 talents.

So another new xpack and, from what i've seen in the screenshots, they've made next to no effort to improve their ancient graphics engine. It still looks like a ps2-era game. At this point i'm not sure if it's laziness or if they're just too incompetent to figure out that they can make the game look better while keeping the art style they started with.

It would definitely not be laziness. The fact is about 20Gigs worth of data is for texturing and models. They would need to put each and every model into a 3D package, make a new 'updated' higher polygon model from using reference of the lower polygon one, re texture it to bring it upto date, then repeat that process with about what... 3000 odd models?

THEN roll out a 20+gb 'patch' to reflect the new models and textures.

For WoW - it would simply be easier and better for them to make them changes if they ever get around to making WoW2. Or a expansion where it has been updated globally.

It would definitely not be laziness. The fact is about 20Gigs worth of data is for texturing and models. They would need to put each and every model into a 3D package, make a new 'updated' higher polygon model from using reference of the lower polygon one, re texture it to bring it upto date, then repeat that process with about what... 3000 odd models?

THEN roll out a 20+gb 'patch' to reflect the new models and textures.

For WoW - it would simply be easier and better for them to make them changes if they ever get around to making WoW2. Or a expansion where it has been updated globally.

While the models for many things in the game are quite low poly and could indeed take a bit of work to improve, there is another thing they could do that that would probably be significantly easier and could dramatically improve the look of the game. Lighting. Improving(or completely overhauling) the terrible lighting system in this game would go a huge way to improving the look of the game on its own.

To be fair, they have, in fact, made CG improvements, like new adding new shaders, water effects, etc over the years.

However, frankly speaking, the game isn't visually appealing to me any more and needs a refresh badly. It's been nine years since it was released after all.

Tempting...

But just dont know if I cba anymore, MOP started off well for me, but after elitist guild after elitist guild I got fed up and gave up.

I raided Heroic most of Wotlk and Cata and then when i tried to do normal in MOP i just got guilds who would only raid to progress.

I wanted to raid for fun.

Maybe take another shot at it.

Do like the ideas there showing for WoD

I gave up WoW about 6 months ago. 
Never looked back too. I would only be visiting the land of Azoroth through YouTube videos to keep me up-to-date with the storyline otherwise yeah, cant be stuffed.
My Rogue is boring as hell to play now and my Death Knight isnt much better. 
I think its time to make WoW free-to-play or time for a much needed update and overhaul.

I wish they made the new sequel of Single Player Warcraft, with lengthy, storyful, interesting, non-linear campaign...

but alas the money are not streaming form such game anymore, so its unlikely to happens.

• Like 2

I wish they made the new sequel of Single Player Warcraft, with lengthy, storyful, interesting, non-linear campaign...

but alas the money are not streaming form such game anymore, so its unlikely to happens.

WC4, of course, one could only hope...

Maybe after the third chapter of SC2 is done they can start working on a Warcraft sequel.

However, the good news is that Warcraft the movie will definitely hit the screens before WC4 will be out   :)

And, in the meantime, I'm looking forward to Heroes of the Storm! :)

• Like 2

From what I've heard, the main theme of the patch is an attempt to bring the game to its roots, the original conflict: Orcs vs Human!!!

Here's a part of the presentation at Blizzcon on the itemization changes:

3:15PM New tertiary stats: Bonus stats that can appear on gear that will not count against your budget. You may get a glove one day that has a bonus to do something cool. E.g., lifesteal, avoidance: avoid AOE damage by default, sturdiness: no durability loss,

3:13PM Active mitigation has worked out really well, and we think there's a place to retain armor on rings and cloaks, etc.

3:13PM Will retain spirit for healers and armor for tanks.

3:12PM Jewelry, cloaks, trinkets, and weapons will be more role-focused however.

3:12PM Even tier sets will do this -- your stats will change to reflect your current spec

3:12PM Your gear will dynamically update to int if you go holy.

3:12PM "If you're a ret paladin -- and I think most of you are -- " GC, NEVER CHANGE

3:11PM Primary stats will change based on spec, same is true of more limited item drops

3:11PM "Nobody's happy but the paladin when the int plate drops. Going forward we're not going to have intellect plate."

3:11PM NO STRENGTH PLATE VERSUS INTELLECT PLATE

3:11PM Sockets are a bonus and will not count against your budget

3:10PM Fewer items will have gem sockets but they will be more powerful

3:10PM Gems are in the same boat.

3:10PM Examples: Multiple weapon enchants. GC doesn't want to beat down on professions or make crafters poor, they just don't think you should have to deal with so many enchants

3:09PM Enchants: Fewer items can be enchanted but you'll have more choice with the options you do get.

3:09PM "I like how we can get that kind of cheer when we INTRODUCE reforging, and get that kind of cheer again when we take it out."

3:09PM REFORGING - GONE

3:08PM Reforging -- "This is what we call an idea that sounded good on paper, but it turned into this terrible cascade where you get a new piece and gear and have to do a ton of stuff."

3:08PM "Now again, your warrior will still be able to dodge. We will have tanking stats."

3:08PM DODGE AND PARRY - GONE

3:08PM HIT AND EXPERTISE - GONE

3:07PM They also want to clean up your bag space.

3:07PM "Hit and expertise don't feel like a bonus. And Avoidance is a cool mechanic but not a fun stat for tanks to find on gear."

3:07PM "It's time to stop the madness."

3:06PM GEM ENCHANT REFORGE VALOR = YUCK

3:06PM Really want gearing to be more exciting and they think there's too muchs tuff to do with the new items you get.

3:06PM Sample rewards: Assassination Slice and Dice is now passive, Holy - Chakra cooldown reduced by 15%

speedstat.jpg

In the gameplay and systems panel, Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street just revealed some massive changes to gear itemization in Warlords of Draenor. The fabled item squish is finally coming, stats are being removed, new stats are being added, and reforging is gone. There's a lot to cover so let's get right down to it.

Enchanting, reforging, and gems

• They feel like there is too much modification needed to be done every time you get a new piece of gear: enchants, gemming, and reforging your caps.
  • There will be fewer items which can accept enchants, but the items which can still be enchanted will have more powerful enchants and more choice.
  • Fewer gem sockets, but gems will be much more powerful. No more socket bonuses or metagems. Sockets are a bonus which can appear on gear and do not count towards item budget.
  • Reforging is gone!
itemchanges.jpg

Stat changes

• Hit and expertise are gone. Blizzard felt like they didn't feel like a bonus.
  • Dodge and parry stats are gone. Tanks will still be able to dodge and parry, but they will no longer be gear stats.
  • New stat for tanks: bonus armor which can appear on items such a rings and necks
  • New tertiary stats are being added. These are bonuses which can appear on gear and do not count towards the item budget.
  • Examples of tertiary stats: lifesteal (gain life per hit), avoidance (reduce AoE damage taken), sturdiness (item doesn't lose durability), speed (makes you move quicker, and stacks), cleave (chance of AoE damage on your attacks).
itemchanges.jpg

Armor changes

• There is no longer "strength plate" or "int plate" -- there is simply "plate." This also applies to cloth, leather, and mail.
  • The primary stat on an item will change based on the spec of the character wearing it, i.e. intellect for a holy paladin, strength for a retribution paladin.
  • Allows almost every item that drops in a raid to be useful for someone.
  • These stats also change when you respec.
  • Only one tier set per class (no longer separate healing and DPS sets), and the set bonuses will also change when you respec.
  • The one exception to this new armor system is the following items which will not dynamically adjust stats based on spec: jewelry, cloaks, trinkets, and weapons.
item_armorchanges.jpg

Item squish

• Yes, the item squish is finally coming.
  • Your relative power will not change whatsoever.
  • Soloing old content is still possible.
  • If it takes you 5 seconds to kill a Gulp Frog, it will still take you 5 seconds after the item squish.
  • You should still feel powerful when getting new gear, it's just the numbers will have a few zeroes knocked off the end.
  • What do you think of these changes? I am most excited about hit and expertise being removed, the rest is only a bonus!

itemsquishexample.jpg