On 2/4/2016 at 10:42 PM, Ph1b3r0pt1c said:

Its almost funny how long i've been playing wow. I started the second it came out of beta, and never looked back. Im 37 now, terminal brain cancer, and the only thing that seems to keep me occupied and half way calm are my dailies and attempting to master every class and spec. I have a lvl 100 toon of every class except paladin, and will have it when i finally buy the new expac i guess. My highest ilvl toon is my frost mage at 730. The rest are 680+. I enjoy the social and gameplay aspect since i cant get out anymore, so im sure ill be here until either it or me finally dies.

Best of luck to you. I hope you enjoy every moment.

I was never a big WoW player, but I recognize its significance within the gaming scene, and I've enjoyed keeping up on its status throughout the years.

There is a lot of good nostalgia shared in this thread.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2016 at 2:23 AM, madd-hatter said:

Best of luck to you. I hope you enjoy every moment.

I was never a big WoW player, but I recognize its significance within the gaming scene, and I've enjoyed keeping up on its status throughout the years.

There is a lot of good nostalgia shared in this thread.

Thank you. Wow has had a big impact on me, and honestly, I feel it has also kept me out of trouble at least twice. Like everyone else, I would get tired and stop playing after a few months or so, but I always came back. Its just 'relaxing' if that makes any sense at all.

• 2 months later...

Blizzard responds to criticism of shutting down legacy server Nostalrius:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17611300963

And also Mark Kern, one of the lead designers from vanilla WoW open letter:

Gonna be honest. I don't see the appeal. From what I remember legacy WoW was grindy and tedious to play similar to how Korean mmos were/are.. But to each their own, if there are enough people who want it, and according to Mark Kern there are, then why not?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-04-26 at 7:31 PM, trag3dy said:

Gonna be honest. I don't see the appeal. From what I remember legacy WoW was grindy and tedious to play similar to how Korean mmos were/are.. But to each their own, if there are enough people who want it, and according to Mark Kern there are, then why not?

It was. And that's why it was great.

The fact only the most dedicated players could achieve some of the things gave the game a mystical feeling. When you saw a full tier 3 player it was something special. When you saw a player with a legendary it was something special. For many casual players just having an epic mount was special. For many players just attuning themselves for Onyxia was an epic journey full of memorable moments. You had a feeling of accomplishment when you did things in the game. Yes there was a lot of grinding and it took time but back then most people were playing a toon or two only. I remember it took me a while to complete the epic mount warlock quest. I needed help from friends and it was very fun despite the grinding.

Now everything is handed to players without requiring any effort. One of my friend decided to start a reunion raid to do Hellfire. Started to play again in January after a 1 year break. Last time i raided seriously was Fireland. To level the toon i wanted to raid with to 100 the only thing i had to do is loot every treasures. Then to gear myself i only had to kill rares in Tanaan Jungle. Then boom in 2 weeks i'm level 100 and fully 695-705. Crafting my eng 715 weapon was not too hard. Doing the legendary ring was easy. At this point it should not be considered legendary gear since it's so easy to get it. In 4 months i made around 200k gold on my main just by doing followers missions and naval missions. Got Archimonde mythic neck in a naval mission .... Now we are 5/13 mythic and we just disbanded cause people felt like there was no point doing it anymore with summer coming and Gorefiend mythic is a pain in the ***. At first we wanted to do heroic only anyway it was a reunion raid for fun. And you can buy 13/13 mythic runs anyway without too much trouble. One of the guy of the group quickly found another mythic group without too much trouble and he is now 9/13 mythic. Me? i could find a group or try to buy a run but i don't really care. This game is not even a mmo anymore. People stay in their garrison doing garrison stuff. Dungeons are easy. Raids are easy. Gearing yourself is ridiculously easy. Making money is easy. Builds don't matter much anymore. You can play mostly all classes by pressing 5 buttons (less in many case). There's no sense of accomplishment in the game anymore. Everything is handed to you. To have something to do people play 10 alts. I started playing again in January and i did everything i wanted to do in the xpac already. I'm level 100. 735 ilevel. Legendary ring maxed. Have around 370k gold on my main. Probably around 600k total. Looted all treasures. Killed all rares. I can fly. I have the raid achievement mounts. I think i could probably pull 50k dps by just pressing my Chimera shot button once every time it's off cd. There's just no point playing anymore and i really don't intend to play next xpac.

The game lost this sense of epic feeling it had. The world was big. Stormwind and Ogrimmar were full of people. There was raids on xroad and Darkshire every day. You had full balanced active pvp servers (now most of the pvp server are unbalanced and unplayable unless you play the dominating faction). Doing things took time and required friends to join you to help. Epic gear was epic. Legendary gear was legendary. I was a casual player back then and i was fine with not having those things and work on my epic mount quest, attunements and dungeon set.

I remember the first time i played wow. Game was 6 months old i think. First time i entered Undercity wow design of the city is so great. Seeing those people fly. Seeing those people on their epic mount. Seeing those people with impressive gears. Going past the Bulwark not knowing what i was doing and being one shot by an infected bear. SM raided by alliance on a regular basis. Having to walk to Shadowfang Keep after finding a group. Took me 6 months to get to 60 and it was a fun journey. Died many time to alliance players. Killed many alliance players. Had to group for group quests. Had to find sellers and walk to them on my 60% mount to buy patterns. Got my first epic a long time after turning 60. Had to read guides to make my build. Gearing myself for first raid. All this required work and time. I was fine with not having the time to do all this. I was fine with not being able to get a mount because it was hard. I was fine with being a casual with **** gear and a **** mount.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2016 at 4:49 PM, Andrew said:

And this is news?

I was curious about the movie anyway - all the movie tie-ins do is reward me for it. (Everything except "Legion" is now part of the base game; yes, that includes "Warlords", and applies to all accounts including Starter Edition.  While Starter Edition is - for now, still roadblocked to level 20, I expect THAT roadblock to go away - at the very least for anyone that takes advantage of the movie promotion.  Even with the jacked-up price of matinees. it's still cheaper than the normal monthly sub fee.

In my own case, the closest is the Gallery Place/Verizon Center Stadium 14 - it literally directly abuts the Verizon Center (former MCI Center, and AKA "The Phone Booth") and has Stadium Seating for all 14 screens (with RealD 3D optional, depending on feature.

• 4 weeks later...

Source: Blizzard will give out WoW moviegoers a free copy of the game and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20120033

The Warcraft movie will sweep into theaters globally in the coming weeks, and we’re excited to share details on some of the major Warcraft movie promotions occurring around the world—including a very special World of Warcraft in-game gift in celebration of the film’s release. Beginning on May 25 through August 1, players who log in to World of Warcraft will receive a set of movie-inspired transmogrification items.

I'm going to do it even though I may not like the game :)

10 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Can you please show me where it was posted?

Besides everywhere? Just because you didn't see it here doesn't mean it is something new. Heck I got these crap items last month. 

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Besides everywhere? Just because you didn't see it here doesn't mean it is something new. Heck I got these crap items last month. 

I mean on Neowin :/ and just because it posted everywhere it doesn't mean it old news, I only just found out about it myself.

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Actually, it's in the World of Warcraft thread here (in Computer Gaming) - and I'm not the only person that commented on the cross-promotion (which I first saw in the Battle.net app in the News section).

5 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

I mean on Neowin :/ and just because it posted everywhere it doesn't mean it old news, I only just found out about it myself.

So if I find out about something that happened a year ago but was never posted here-- am I posting new news?

i am not knocking you posting this. I was just pointing out that this started a month ago. 

• 2 months later...

Legion isn't even out yet and they're already talking about future patches, from gamescom. We'll be returning to some classic places.

Anyone else playing this expansion? I'm going to but I haven't decided if I want to get into raiding or not yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2016 at 10:35 AM, trag3dy said:

Legion isn't even out yet and they're already talking about future patches, from gamescom. We'll be returning to some classic places.

Anyone else playing this expansion? I'm going to but I haven't decided if I want to get into raiding or not yet.

Playing it for sure. Level 102 already and having a blast.

3 hours ago, Bryan R. said:

Ugh, I won't even touch it anymore. Just my two cents.

So why bother posting if you have no interest in it anymore? I'm not saying you can't it just seems kind of strange to post just say not interested.

10 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Already? It's not even unlocked yet here, still a few more hours.

Yeah, I'm on the European servers. Now I'm facing loading screen stuck-ups. :(

9 hours ago, trag3dy said:

So why bother posting if you have no interest in it anymore? I'm not saying you can't it just seems kind of strange to post just say not interested.

I just saw the topic in the minispy and I know Legion was releasing that night. I used to play and now won't ever touch it again. So it was simply my two cents. Just because I don't play anymore doesn't mean I'm not allowed in a Neowin thread about it.

4 hours ago, Bryan R. said:

I just saw the topic in the minispy and I know Legion was releasing that night. I used to play and now won't ever touch it again. So it was simply my two cents. Just because I don't play anymore doesn't mean I'm not allowed in a Neowin thread about it.

I said as much, didn't I?

58 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

I said as much, didn't I?

Would you have preferred that I didn't post at all? I guess I'm equally confused by your original response as you are of mine. Seems kind of silly, it's just a comment.

4 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

Would you have preferred that I didn't post at all? I guess I'm equally confused by your original response as you are of mine. Seems kind of silly, it's just a comment.

You do you. If you want to post in threads about games you don't care about who am I to stop you?