the evn show

Removed

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:32

Removed

#12587 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:52

Fragmentation of in game systems and an overt need to cater to everyone has in many ways ruined my own time in WOW.

MOP they really started to do a lot of weird systems and things counter-intuitive to the game.

Rep Tabards gone,

Weird use of JP and VP points, making the former useless early on.

Scenarios are the new 5 mans

Loot coins to double up loot chances.

Theres been a lot of good stuff too and thats what I guess kept me playing for the first 3 patches, but Blizzards own insistance of and attitude on many subjects this expansion has been a dictatorship of sorts, and helped along with the above to drive me out.

#12588 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 10 September 2013 - 14:31

Fragmentation of in game systems and an overt need to cater to everyone has in many ways ruined my own time in WOW.

MOP they really started to do a lot of weird systems and things counter-intuitive to the game.

Rep Tabards gone,

Weird use of JP and VP points, making the former useless early on.

Scenarios are the new 5 mans

Loot coins to double up loot chances.

Theres been a lot of good stuff too and thats what I guess kept me playing for the first 3 patches, but Blizzards own insistance of and attitude on many subjects this expansion has been a dictatorship of sorts, and helped along with the above to drive me out.

I agree to an extent. The loot coins just seem gimmicky. Scenarios I know little about but I didn't really like the few I did. Same for the brawler's guild. I don't need a ton of different things to keep me occupied, or distracted more so, I just need quality content with lore to back it up which I did not get at all from MoP.

I have issue with reputation requirements in general. Early on our small group of five did all the MoP dungeon achievements. We all got the super special mount but I could not use it because I didn't have the reputation with the Cloud Serpents or whatever. It was pretty ridiculous to me at the time. There were so many dailies to do, again, it felt like a distraction. Then to not be able to use my mount which I worked hard for, was demoralizing. I am being a little dramatic but still it was pretty messed up.

Edited for accuracy.

#12589 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

Posted 10 September 2013 - 14:49

I agree to an extent. Removing reputation tabards and requiring you to do certain dungeons for your reputation is what the old Blizzard would have been against.

Huh? That's exactly what the "Old Blizzard" did. Rep tabards weren't added until WotLK, in BC dungeon rep was faction specific. Hellfire instances = Honor Hold, Zangarmarsh = Cenarion Expedition, etc.

They've added faction championing back in MoP too, only without the tabard requirement.

#12590 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 September 2013 - 14:54

Huh? That's exactly what the "Old Blizzard" did. Rep tabards weren't added until WotLK, in BC dungeon rep was faction specific. Hellfire instances = Honor Hold, Zangarmarsh = Cenarion Expedition, etc.

They've added faction championing back in MoP too, only without the tabard requirement.

Oh you're right. There's been so much back and forth over the years I confused myself. Tabards were all symbolic then rather than useful.

#12591 Prosidius

Prosidius

Geek.

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 10 September 2013 - 14:54

The championing in MoP is much more limited.  You can only champion a rep for 1 dungeon run a day.  

#12592 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

Posted 10 September 2013 - 14:57

The championing in MoP is much more limited.  You can only champion a rep for 1 dungeon run a day.  

Didn't know that, had maxed out all my reps before they added it so I never used it.

Besides 5.4 is here now and the rep requirements for gear have been removed so its moot.

#12593 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 10 September 2013 - 14:59

Didn't know that, had maxed out all my reps before they added it so I never used it.

Besides 5.4 is here now and the rep requirements for gear have been removed so its moot.

Really?? This is the problem with WoW.. it's like: "Oh you don't want to work for good gear? Okay.. then wait a couple patches and you won't have to do more than login."

There is very little sense of achievement anymore in WoW.

#12594 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 10 September 2013 - 15:00

Really?? This is the problem with WoW.. it's like: "Oh you don't want to work for good gear? Okay.. then wait a couple patches and you won't have to do more than login."

There is very little sense of achievement anymore in WoW.

Agreed, I no longer play it, but my wife does and she's thinking about quitting

#12595 firey

firey

Posted 10 September 2013 - 15:06

Agreed, I no longer play it, but my wife does and she's thinking about quitting

My account is still active, but haven't played in over a month.  The game was good back when you had to actually do things.  I remember playing my Mage in BC and I HAD o Sheep when I was told, otherwise.. I would wipe us all.  

Now.. when you tell someone to CC.. they have no clue what you mean.. or they call you old.  There is a reason the player base is dropping, and that the game is no where near as fierce and competitive as it once was.

#12596 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

Posted 10 September 2013 - 15:06

Its been a year now. Theres no point in farming rep for crappy 489 ilvl gear, thus they removed the requirement to make current content more accessible.

#12597 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 15:09

My account is still active, but haven't played in over a month.  The game was good back when you had to actually do things.  I remember playing my Mage in BC and I HAD o Sheep when I was told, otherwise.. I would wipe us all.  

Now.. when you tell someone to CC.. they have no clue what you mean.. or they call you old.  There is a reason the player base is dropping, and that the game is no where near as fierce and competitive as it once was.

TG Fury tanking was something I missed, Embarrassed the odd Paladin in my time :p

Man I miss Wrath. (last time I had any real fun gearing and raiding)

#12598 firey

firey

Posted 10 September 2013 - 15:10

Its been a year now. Theres no point in farming rep for crappy 489 ilvl gear, thus they removed the requirement to make current content more accessible.

Thing is though.. anyone who should be running current content.. should be geared already.  They had a year to farm and build up.  The AH is 100% accessible, guilds will do runs.  It is not hard or difficult to get gear.. these requirement removals is to cater to kids and players who don't know how to play the game and need hand outs.

#12599 firey

firey

Posted 10 September 2013 - 15:12

TG Fury tanking was something I missed, Embarrassed the odd Paladin in my time :p

Man I miss Wrath. (last time I had any real fun gearing and raiding)

For me Wrath was like a break.  I didn't have to work hard, I could heal with my priest through anything.. it was like EZ Mode.  It was a nice change from the stress of TBC.. however once Cata came out.. it was like Blizz decided that everything was still too hard.. and tried to make too many people happy.. which doesn't work.

And the thing is.. blizz didn't like cookie cutter builds.. so they decide: "Lets just get rid of builds.. and give 4 options"  they take away too much from the players.. to make it easier for others.

I mean.. I have to suffer because some dudes 8yo kid made a ###### spec and was confused.

#12600 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 15:14

For me Wrath was like a break.  I didn't have to work hard, I could heal with my priest through anything.. it was like EZ Mode.  It was a nice change from the stress of TBC.. however once Cata came out.. it was like Blizz decided that everything was still too hard.. and tried to make too many people happy.. which doesn't work.

And the thing is.. blizz didn't like cookie cutter builds.. so they decide: "Lets just get rid of builds.. and give 4 options"  they take away too much from the players.. to make it easier for others.

I mean.. I have to suffer because some dudes 8yo kid made a ****ty spec and was confused.

agreed, BC builds were better 17/44/00