Guidelines for avatars and signatures:
The maximum overall size for signatures is 170px (high) by 550px (wide). This includes text, images, and other signature elements.
File sizes should be no larger than 20 KB and 75 KB. This applies to avatars and signatures, respectively. For signatures, this applies to the combined file sizes of multiple images. Note, smaller file sizes are preferred so please be mindful of our members with slower Internet connections.
Below is an example of a signature with the maximum size dimensions:
Signatures/Avatars will be removed if they...
- Exceed the file size and maximum overall size limits.
- Contain graphic material of a pornographic or macabre nature.
- Contain swearing, offensive images, or non-English text.
- Are overly-distracting (e.g. brightly coloured images, animated GIFs, etc).
- Emulate staff or special member signatures (Moderators, MVCs, Subscribers, etc).
- Contain advertisements of any sort or links to sites that contain objectionable material. This includes warez, cracks, security circumvention, pyramid schemes, referral IDs, petition requests, and donation requests.
- Contain links of a malicious nature (e.g. links that crash your browser, trigger pop-up floods, etc).
- Contain negative politically motivated messages in text or image form that are considered "over-the-top." This is determined by an admin or supervisor. Refer to post #3 below.
To avoid any confusion, these guidelines are intended to supplement the Community Rules.
Can't find a place to host your signature image? Here's a couple of hosting sites:
As always, we rely on you to spot anything that's inappropriate. The staff here isn't omnipresent so we can't see and deal with everything. Let us know via PM or the Report system, preferably the latter.
Neowin Administration and Staff
Edited by Denis W., 04 August 2014 - 21:27. Reason: Clarified last rule - edited to add 'negative'