XboX Cracked :(

Looks like today is a bad day as the xbox is now offical ModChiped and taking pirate games, another console down the drain

don't go to fast my little boy these R real facts :

... We want to make it very clear that this development enables the playback of IMPORT ORIGINALS ONLY. It in no way enables to play any kind of illegal copies. We have no wish to venture into this area so please do not ask.

from xboxmods.com

...but it's only a matter of time, everything gets hacked.

I'd lay down good money that this time next year people are playing Xbox games on their home PC.

actually whats so sad about this i mean dreamcast is still alive because of it being hacked i mean its a movie player mp3 player you name it al lcause it was hacked. i mean now maybe we can get a way to watch dvds without that remote...

Originally posted by RaINE

Looks like today is a bad day as the xbox is now offical ModChiped and taking pirate games, another console down the drain

down the drain? i highly doubt the hack will stop xbox development. maybe only more people will be interested in the slowly selling console

U know what ?

without getting into some dangerous territory there's a few thing U need to know :

1- Dev XBOX has been hacked to run commercial games . coz originaly it can't ! that's an established fact .

2- Each and every game commercially available is digitaly signed by Microsoft only ( not even the editor can do it coz their Dev Xboxes can only - normaly - run unsigned content) with some sort of 1024bits RSA key.

3- have u ever tried to put a simple audio CDR in your XBOX (assuming u got one which is my case :p ) it won't simply NOT PLAY !

so the thing that I saw is either PURE fake or really useless to the mainstream user ! :)

that's it for now .

I hope this little thing cleared a few minds :knocked:

forgot this one : I'M NOT GONNA BURN MY ISOS ON RWs MEDIAS !!! (assuming these pathetics releases works ! )

playstation did outstanding after being hacked!!!! so whats you beef???

U know what ?

without getting into some dangerous territory there's a few thing U need to know :

1- Dev XBOX has been hacked to run commercial games . coz originaly it can't ! that's an established fact .

2- Each and every game commercially available is digitaly signed by Microsoft only ( not even the editor can do it coz their Dev Xboxes can only - normaly - run unsigned content) with some sort of 1024bits RSA key.

3- have u ever tried to put a simple audio CDR in your XBOX (assuming u got one which is my case :p ) it won't simply NOT PLAY !

so the thing that I saw is either PURE fake or really useless to the mainstream user !

that's it for now .

I hope this little thing cleared a few minds

forgot this one : I'M NOT GONNA BURN MY ISOS ON RWs MEDIAS !!! (assuming these pathetics releases works ! )

Dude you are bit over your head, i can play all my music, cdr cd's on my Xbox. The iso's that you download from project x actually do work when your Xbox is modded. The problem with this is that the games come in a hefty 5 gig (example is JSRF) and require dvd-r media.

For facts check out the forum at www.isonews.com.

heh I have no beef, just dident want to sound pro warez or nothing, illegal software kills company's kills consoles, dreamcast still going??? yeah true, but Id much rather have Virtua Fighter 4 on the DC than on the PS2 and not some little self developed mp3 player

omg who are those guys? the ones from Eyes Wide Shut?

hahahah the bill gates head was hilarious!!!!!

one thing you forget is that the xbox is much like a PC, with upgradeable firmware and a hd. maybe Microsoft will pull out the jokers card and change the encryption method or something and then have a required firmware update to get the system to work with new games

Originally posted by deadzombie

...but it's only a matter of time, everything gets hacked.

I'd lay down good money that this time next year people are playing Xbox games on their home PC.

If i where you, i'd lay down money that you can play Xbox games on pc RIGHT NOW! i have an Xbox emulator that when you insert an Xbox game, it then reads it and you can play it... and its not very hard to find..;) :D :p

-sMk

heh I have no beef, just dident want to sound pro warez or nothing, illegal software kills company's kills consoles, dreamcast still going??? yeah true, but Id much rather have Virtua Fighter 4 on the DC than on the PS2 and not some little self developed mp3 player

sega has been killing thier consoles not hackers!!!!

Originally posted by sMk

If i where you, i'd lay down money that you can play Xbox games on pc RIGHT NOW! i have an Xbox emulator that when you insert an Xbox game, it then reads it and you can play it... and its not very hard to find..;) :D :p

that's pure lies and you don't wtf you are talking about.

if you did try to put xbox dvd into puter you'd know that you can't play games w/ any emu becuase there are no game files.

all game files are writen on outside of dvd. pc reads dvd from the inside so it can not see any files other than video saying this is xbox dvd disk.

xbox dvd has 2 partition tables. one for xbox w/ encrypted game files, one for everything else that will play video saying it's xbox only disk.

if what you are saying was truth it would be the biggest story in emu history. also it's pure lie.

Originally posted by MxxCon

that's pure lies and you don't wtf you are talking about.

if you did try to put xbox dvd into puter you'd know that you can't play games w/ any emu becuase there are no game files.

all game files are writen on outside of dvd. pc reads dvd from the inside so it can not see any files other than video saying this is xbox dvd disk.

xbox dvd has 2 partition tables. one for xbox w/ encrypted game files, one for everything else that will play video saying it's xbox only disk.

if what you are saying was truth it would be the biggest story in emu history. also it's pure lie.

OK, why don't you get the emu from me and try it yourself? and i love how you say that it is pure lies..im still cracking up from that!

anyways your just jelous that you dont have it ;)

-sMk

Here's a link to the XBox emulator:

http://www.angelfire.com/mac/digitalmonster/xbox.html

It's a trojan though.

"XBoX Emulator - www.linarsoftware.de.vu (site is closed)

The first known fake XBox emulator has already been sighted. The screenshots seem to indicate this fake emulates several commercial games quite well already. Lik-Sang reported that this emulator doesn't work and could even be a virus. Symantec has however now confirmed this emulator is a trojan. "

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/

Originally posted by sMk

OK, why don't you get the emu from me and try it yourself? and i love how you say that it is pure lies..im still cracking up from that!

anyways your just jelous that you dont have it ;)

ok, post url or PM me.

and if it's fake, how about you'll get banned from neowin for spreading trojans?

its really angering when posts get like this. yes i am a younger poster at this thread compared to most others but all boards are the same. he who has or at least claims to have xbox emu makes you angry. you now upset angry and turned. this tension angers me as its only for something so small. if you are angered by him, then he has won his objective, wheter or not he actually has the emu. it will eventually come if it has not already come. id say its more than possible if i have my say. a dvdrom is a dvdrom, hence unless the xbox's is special in that it was made to not read cdr's like early dvd players, then hell itll read them. and since they read cdrws, hell thats all the more of a reason that it could potentially and probably support cdrs. i havent been following this closely since i dont have a xbox. all i play is rtcw it the best! but has anyone put the dvdrom from xbox in pc and tested it? could it read cdrs? if so, i rest my case, it is capable. and therefore a pc dvdrom can read xbox 2nd partition if software is there. if he is declining to share the software, he has his reasons.

Thank You! i finnaly get someone who is not looking to challenge me :)....... And yea i have tested it and yes it does indeed work just like any other emulator...;)

-sMk

SMK's EMU seems legit, no trojans or virii...

IT loads up, ok. Haven't tested it with a game yet, as I don't own one. BUt I am gonna ask a friend to borrow a game and try this out!

BB