CS 1.4 mouse sensitivity?

wtf. im using a standard microsoft ball mouse for CS and i notice that if i make small movents (ie 1-2 pixels at a time) the crosshair/mouse doesnt move, i have nonforceparms -nonforceaccel running and i have no acceleration... is it just me or is it a bug in 1.4?

Its not 1.4, its Windows XP.... There is a guide, even more specific than those two commands ;) ... And i also think Microsoft released a patch for it, maybe it is @ Windows Update.... Dunno...

This guide is taken from ccats.dk:

WinXP - Configurating that damn mouse!

Many Windows XP users are experiencing that their mouse doesn?t operate as smooth as under Windows 98/ME, when playing Counter-strike.

Mouse Acceleration

One of the reasons for this is that WinXP has builtin Mouse Acceleration which purely suck;);)

So 1st of all, we want to turn this off. This is done by adding a few parameters to your CS shortcut.

You will typically have the following parameters:

-console -game cstrike

Now make your parameter line look like this instead:

-console -game cstrike -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel

If you also experience sound problems in CS (weird sound etc.) this can be fixed by adding +voice_dsound 1 to the parameter line aswell.

Win9x/ME Compatibility Mode

But we are not done yet! At this point we have turned off the acceleration, but your mouse will still not function exactly as it does under Win9x/ME.

To fix this go to the Properties of your CS Shortcut again and click the Compatibility tab.

Enable compatibility mode for Windows 98 / Windows ME. Leave the rest as it is and click OK to save the settings.

Sticky Keys and Windows accessibility options

If you are using your shift key for an action that is performed quite frequently in CS (eg. Jump, Duck etc.) you might experience that sometimes it will fail or block for other combinations of keys. (eg. if you have duck binded to shift and jump to mouse2 a duck+jump will fail about 40% of the time, making you crouch instead of jumping).

To get this working you have to go the Control Panel and execute the Accessibility Options dialog. Now, even though none of the keyboard features seems to be checked as in use, this is not the whole thruth.

In each of the Keyboard accessibility options click "Settings" and remove all the checkmarks. Especially removing the shortcut for StickyKeys is important as this is what causes the above issue.

Windows Registry

I haven?t been able to test the effect of this, but according to rumors this registry fix should bring back Win9x/ME aiming in XP.

Try it on your own responsibility.

Download Registry Tweak

Thanks to clan 2xD for providing info on the registry tweak.

Note from author

I made this guide because I?ve been trying for a long time now to get CS under XP working like under ME and most of the articles I?ve read so far only concerned the parameters for the CS shortcut, which is not sufficient in order to get the full feel of WinME back.

Hope this guide can be of use to some of you WinXP users experiencing the same mouse issues as I?ve had.

If you have any comments to this article, post a tag in our public tagwa:) please :)

//Frenzy

Author: Frenzy

-----

I hope you found i:Duseful! :D