finally, C-S going nazi on cheaters

WOO HOO. hmm.... mabey they should itegrate it in a patch into 1.5 or make a patch for 1.4 and 1.4 so all the cheaters will go play 1.1 or something haha

thats CSGuard.. been there for a long time.. just servers did not enable it.. as in the warning :)

they search you HD for cheats.. if they find any.. u are banned... and on some servers you are added to a blacklist of cheaters.. and other admins ban those WONID's too..so no way out :)

i think they should ban a person's won id from the whole thing so they can't play the game at all on any server, can't even try to join because their won id is banned, muhahaha

even if its's a good idea (true or not) it wont work. Someone will crack that protection, or if your ip will get banned u can change it to another one u can download.. Or even, u can play servers that are not under won.net control....

yea what server was this on, I am just curious? I have never seen this message yet. I think that is like an admin mod plugin or something that server is using. If WON really ran something like that you would see it on every secure server.

at least someone's making an attempt, although i still don't believe cs will ever even be close to cheat free.

wow, harsh treatment.

man, they should just put all the cheaters on seperate servers. when i did play with other cheaters, it was fun. just to see who could cheat better.:p i guess it's pretty lame, but yeah, i got bored of plain CS and wanted something different.

please please please don't flame me.:o

Originally posted by SOOPAH256

wow, harsh treatment.

man, they should just put all the cheaters on seperate servers. when i did play with other cheaters, it was fun. just to see who could cheat better.:p i guess it's pretty lame, but yeah, i got bored of plain CS and wanted something different.

i actually think this would be an interesting idea. it may depend on if this kinda of banning becomes a perminent part of Won's plan (I supposed they'd sell a few more copies of the game :D ). I'd just worry that it'd fall under the same realm as hacked RTCW servers in Valve's eyes...

cough BULL****. This is probably some script a server admin setup to scare the little kiddies off. I still see a few cheaters in CS; the new FP view makes it easy to spot 'em. Anyways, some server can't just tell "won.net you're a cheater" and have them ban your cd key. Imagine the abuse such a system would recieve.

Originally posted by Vlad

cough BULL****. This is probably some script a server admin setup to scare the little kiddies off. I still see a few cheaters in CS; the new FP view makes it easy to spot 'em. Anyways, some server can't just tell "won.net you're a cheater" and have them ban your cd key. Imagine the abuse such a system would recieve.

I don't think anyone besides the cheaters would complain about a system like that. I seriously would want someone's WONID banned permanently from every server. They deserve it if they feel like cheating. Hey they know the consequences, so they should not do it to begin with.

Originally posted by SOOPAH256

wow, harsh treatment.

Damn good idea!!! Let the cheaters have their own servers. That way, if somebody wants to test their skills against a loser, they can go there, or they can avoid those specific servers. ;)

too bad it's only a fantasy

The reason why it's a fantasy is that a lot of these cheaters cheat because they can't compete normally and need an edge over everyone else. If everyone could use the same cheats, then it would be a new game with no cheaters (everyone has the same rules) and these little kids would be upset about getting killed every second or so all over again.

the only bad thing about cs guard is that it ONLY scans the halflife directory and nothing else, the new OGC Hook can be installed in any directory on any drive, heck u could even have it on another computer in another room... :p so therefore its useless...

with Cheating-Death, whenever an update is released, the ogc-hook is released with some code in it to tell the server that the user is running the current version of cheating death.. so that is useless..

How do i know this, i have tried it out, b4 anyone flames me, NO i dont cheat, but like everything else in this world, i had to try it, and i tell u this NOW, if anyone is planning on cheating, DONT, i found that when i cheated (i did it twice or three times when there were hardly any players on the server) that i actually got a worse score then when i didnt. BUT i did try it out on a Cheating Death server combined with CS Guard, and NOTHING, it didnt detect that i had it running.

The ONLY way to stop cheaters is to watch them closely, and now in 1.4 its a bit easier, and not to ban there WONID's but to ban there IP address also, because all skilled cheaters have lots of WONID's and its pointless, the only ones u are going to hurt are the n00b cheaters like i was, who would have gone out and bought another copy of halflife.

JUST for the record i have to state again, that i DONT cheat, and when i did (ages ago) i only did it to c how it feels, and i didnt do it to get good stats, more for a stuff around. :D

Originally posted by teka

Or even, u can play servers that are not under won.net control....

every HL server is under won.net control :)