Game Cube

Played a Gamecube for the first time today. Played on Waverace, Luigi and Rogue S. They were all very good.

Being a die-hard Ninty fan I would tend to be biased but I did enjoy it a lot. The controller was damn near perfect if you ask me but I'm still not getting one... Yet!

When NES came out there was Mario bros, when SNES came out there was Mario World, when N64 came out there was Mario64.

All those games blew me away to the point of instant purchase, I'm afraid I can't say the same about Gamecube yet.

...although I haven't played Super Monkey Ball yet...

9/10 in Edge says a lot about a game... :cheeky:

Originally posted by nemo

yeah... it looks like Barney's Handbag

It does if that's the sort of thing you watch ;) :D

Originally posted by Keldyn

I think the Game Cube is one ugly console...:s

Moved to Gaming

What!!! its tight!

Sonic rules, miles better than the dreamcats version.,.......:D , i also loved rogue squdron but got bored of that and luigis mansion totally sucks, its for little kiddies and took me 4 hopurs to complete... so not worth ?40.... but sonic 2 is lasting ages....and waverace is alrite....the water is wicked.... i got a GC cause i used to have a snes fort ages then i brought sony playstation then PS2, but i am loving Nintendo aswell now...:DD:DD :bandit: :bandit::DD:DD

Originally posted by Spyder

What!!! its tight!

Agreed, in the UK there are only 2 colours, Purple and Black.

Which should I get?

For ?117 you can't complain really (gotta love the student discount;)):cool:: )

Originally posted by PsyCX

Might get an xbox and gamecube....gotta love working and earning money. :oP

-PsyCX

I was actually tempted to get an Xbox, but I just don't think Halo is worth ?250. none of the other games appeal to me, I don't have broadband and I have a top quality DVD player...

I agree. No point getting XBox for one sodding game. Halo looks bloody good but I'd rather wait for all the newer versions of all the classic Nintendo games. At least it looks like Sega will bring some of theirs to Gamecube too.

I'd like to see some kind of an update to Streets of Rage. Hmm..I remember when I was 10 and thought that Blaze was attractive - LOL!!

-PsyCX

Originally posted by PsyCX

I agree. No point getting XBox for one sodding game. Halo looks bloody good but I'd rather wait for all the newer versions of all the classic Nintendo games. At least it looks like Sega will bring some of theirs to Gamecube too.

I'd like to see some kind of an update to Streets of Rage. Hmm..I remember when I was 10 and thought that Blaze was attractive - LOL!!

-PsyCX

Apparently, there is a Zelda: Ocarina of time remake. Miyamoto is letting one of the smaller dev teams get their hands dirty with the Gamecube hardware by letting them do a remake.

It will contain the old style graphics or new updated graphics (users choice). Gotta say, that would comlpliment the new Zelda well, especially as we brits probably wont see it until 2003 sometime if we are lucky...

Apparently, there is a Zelda: Ocarina of time remake. Miyamoto is letting one of the smaller dev teams get their hands dirty with the Gamecube hardware by letting them do a remake.

That'd be absolutely superb, especially if it had better graphics.

Originally posted by Dazzla

Agreed, in the UK there are only 2 colours, Purple and Black.

Which should I get?

For ?117 you can't complain really (gotta love the student discount;)):cool:: ) >

Well, my buddy has the purple one and I have the black one. Personally I think the purple one looks like a toy. The black one looks like a gaming machine.. a sleek piece of hardware!

Originally posted by KICK_XP

Sonic rules, miles better than the dreamcats version....

what a fanboy!

how is it any better than the dreamcasts apart from multi?

Originally posted by andrewfee

what a fanboy!

how is it any better than the dreamcasts apart from multi?

Well surely if it's the exact same game apart from The added extra of multi, it couldn't be worse could it?

i have a purple gamecube....doesnt really matter what color you get ...if you cant decide then make it to match your room (i had no choice all the black ones were sold out)

I gotta say...

I bought Resident Evil the other day. Damn the graphics are amazing. I honestly can't describe how awesome they are. I can say this though...

This is the first game I've played where the CGI graphics and the in-game graphics are exactly the same.

I gotta say...

I bought Resident Evil the other day. Damn the graphics are amazing. I honestly can't describe how awesome they are. I can say this though...

This is the first game I've played where the CGI graphics and the in-game graphics are exactly the same.

RE is out for the gamecube? Sweet.

Originally posted by freeza

RE is out for the gamecube? Sweet.

Yep! Very sweet indeed. Even if you don't want to buy the game, I'd definately recommend renting it just to see how powerful the Gamecube is and what it is capable of.

I gotta say...

grrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad:

Us in the UK must be a load of third rate citizens then according to Capcom:

http://www.eb.uk.com/review.asp?tab=gc&rev_id=143996

Sept '02!!

I don't own a Gamecube, but it's a pretty good system. Rogue Squadron was a great game (very impressive graphics). The most fun game is Super Smash brothers melee especially when your with a whole bunch of friends just munching the buttons away.