Game Cube

My bro got a gamecube for X-Mas and it is a lot of fun, esp Rouge Squadron and Super Smash Bros. Metroid should be pretty good too.

...although I haven't played Super Monkey Ball yet...

I actually played this game, I was suprised how funny and addictive it was. Just something funny about bowling with little monkeys.

Originally posted by grimlock

My bro got a gamecube for X-Mas and it is a lot of fun, esp Rouge Squadron and Super Smash Bros. Metroid should be pretty good too.

I actually played this game, I was suprised how funny and addictive it was. Just something funny about bowling with little monkeys.

Monkey Fight with 4 players, 8 people in the room, screaming and yelling......:knocked:

I thought Super Monkey Ball was the dumbest game. Everyone hyped that up so much that I guess I was expecting alot more than it is.

Seems that game is one of those "you either love it or hate it" games.

Originally posted by Zerosignull

the xbox looks ugle, the ps2 looks like a paprweight. its a console! ure not going to date it :)

In Dixon's today, they had them all next to eachother on the same shelf and I couldn't get over how large and ugly the Xbox is.

Although I guess the size is relative to what's contained inside...

Originally posted by Dazzla

Agreed, in the UK there are only 2 colours, Purple and Black.

Which should I get?

For ?117 you can't complain really (gotta love the student discount;)):cool:: ) >

if you are straight get the black one

Finally, a GC topic! :) I love the GC, I have a jet black one, very good lookin.

As for looks I think GC wins hands down followed by PS2 and then XBox... Whatta ugly ass console the XBox is, though...

remember prettyness (if thats a word) demends on opionion.. so they can change

however facts with support behind them won't..

xbox looks cool and GC is ugly.. the support is cuz i said so.. :D

i like xbox cuz of nvidia was behind it and i was like.. yeah its got support and stuff so its gotta be cool..

hasn't GC been out for a while so all the games will be at the maximum while xbox is still young? (GC came out b4 in japan) remember on dcast(if u hate it just read and see) sonic one graphics were ~ok~ while on sonic 2 it liked totally blew us away?

might the same happen w/ halo?

Playstation 2 = Booya

I think PS2 has the biggest game library which is one good thing about it. Xbox is alright because it exclusively (spelling?) has a few games. GameCube is pretty sweet though.

Mary Tyler Moore on Sportscenter = Booya

:D

-Andrew

Originally posted by vraa

hasn't GC been out for a while so all the games will be at the maximum while xbox is still young? (GC came out b4 in japan) remember on dcast(if u hate it just read and see) sonic one graphics were ~ok~ while on sonic 2 it liked totally blew us away?

No. With Xbox, the hardware is very generic therefore they were almost programming at the maximum.

I was reading a review with Bungie and they said they wer running at about 85% of Xbox's ability. This doesn't leave much room for improvement.

The PS2 will see the most drastic change, remember Tekken Tag Tournament? or Ridge Racer 5? They were nasty, compare tose to GT3 of Tekken 4, there is no comparison.

You simply wont see that sort of performance increase with Xbox I'm afraid.

Originally posted by Dazzla

You simply wont see that sort of performance with Xbox I'm afraid.

How would Xbox not be able to perform as well as Sony's machine? The PS2's technology is over a year old you know...

And also the PS2 has problems with texture details, their games will never look quite as nice as Xbox or Gamecube's do in most cases because of that. But it's the games that matter, and I have to say that PS2 still has the edge so far... but in a little while more of Gamecube's really good stuff will be out, and then we'll see :D

Originally posted by -outcast-

How would Xbox not be able to perform as well as Sony's machine? The PS2's technology is over a year old you know...

And also the PS2 has problems with texture details, their games will never look quite as nice as Xbox or Gamecube's do in most cases because of that. But it's the games that matter, and I have to say that PS2 still has the edge so far... but in a little while more of Gamecube's really good stuff will be out, and then we'll see :D

I missed a vital word. I meant to say:

"You simply wont see that sort of performance increase with Xbox I'm afraid."

Xbox graphics are superior to PS2 and no-one can really dispute that, but the increase from Halo to [insert random shooter from 2005] will not be as dramatic as the increase of performance between RR5 and GT3.

On a side note, Sony are finishing up the performance analyser for PS2 and we all know what that done when that appeared on the PSOne scene (GT1 appeared...).

Originally posted by vraa

I think that Gamecube was only out for about a month before launching in North America. The games are mostly still first generation, improvements in both Xbox and Gamecube are still to come.