Photo

Help with photo recovery

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 JeT

JeT

..::JeT::..

Posted 26 December 2004 - 04:31

Just posting this for a friend, needs some help recovering some photos from a camera, and to do that we need to make the computer think that the camera is a physical drive, not a removable one because the recovery program wont read removable drives.

I’m Using Digital Photo Recovery because I accidentally deleted some photos off my camera, the camera is connected through USB and uses a compact flash card.  The program can only detect my physical memory from the computer and my built in card reader but not from the USB port. Is there anyway I can convert the external camera into a physical drive, or just trick the computer into thinking it's physical memory, Great thanks if you can help me.

#2 JZolloXP

JZolloXP

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 December 2004 - 04:41

He could get a CF card reader, those show up as removable disks and you can access them through a drive letter.

#3 OP JeT

JeT

Posted 26 December 2004 - 04:46

Well not too many shops are open today that would sell them :/. Thanks anyway.
We are just after a quick fix, just 'tricking' the computer into thinking the camera is a storage drive.

#4 DigitalN.

DigitalN.

Murder Kills.

Posted 26 December 2004 - 04:47

my camera already does that :)

#5 JZolloXP

JZolloXP

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 December 2004 - 05:08

What OS are you running? Because if you have an old Windows 98 computer lying around, it automatically assigns digital cameras a drive letter if the drivers are installed.

#6 OP JeT

JeT

Posted 26 December 2004 - 09:26

hmm, actually, I'm pretty sure I dont know anyone that still uses older OS's but yeah, there has got to be an old computer lying around.

#7 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:15

I'm pretty sure the OP either got his problem sorted or it isn't an issue anymore. This thread is from 2004. ;)

<Thread closed>

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!