iRiver H320

as far as i know the difference between the international version and the US is the case it comes with.

and also the data and media ports.. in the US version the media port is used to sync your music with media player, in the int. version the media port is used to transfer data (pics) from digital cameras and stuff.

again, i'm not sure.

I think buying the US version is best if you live in the US, and the UK version if you live in the UK. Thats pretty obvious. I mean some things are just designed specifically for the market it is being sold in. Especially the fact that if you buy in the UK, you need to buy a special power adapter separately, and if you want software you need to always use the UK firmware and UK software... I dunno I think its just better to go with the local version.

• 9 months later...

Hi. I am all so new to the mp3 player world. I did a lot of searching (never considered the ipod) before I got my player.....which is the H320 20Gig player. I actually like the size, colour shape and all......

After my initial struggle, I could eventually rip my CD's in MP3 format and drag and drop them....thank God.

I know that I must have done something wrong...the only file tree I seem to have is layed out as follows:

Root - Picture, Record and the iriver intro song.

Under Record - Audio and Voice.

All my music is under the audio branch in folders (By artiste name).....and it has not even grouped the CD's individually......

1. How do I manipulate the File trees?.....does this have anything to do with the ripper I used and the way things have been arranged?

2. How do I access and navigate through genres, playlists, artistes etc......

dont seem to be able to do this from the menu.

3. I would imagine that I have done it all wrong.......please help!

• 1 year later...

hi im trying 2 use easyriver but wen i try and drag a video file over it, my cursor jus changes 2 that little circle with the strike thru it, is there sumthing im missing??

is the video in the right format?

...i had my irviver h320 for about 2 and half years running rockbox firmware and never gave me a problem

You know, if you're after the features I suggest buying an iPod (cheaper, more storage) and installing Rockbox on it. It supports a bunch of formats, skins, video game emulators, video playback, and a whole lot more. Transferring music is easier, too. You can copy and paste through explorer.

Oh yeah, and Rockbox supports the H10, H320, and a few more. I think it's worth checking out if you're still in the market for a player.